Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revy Revy Revenant

NuclearCoffeePot

I like revenant. I think an eidolon frame is a cool idea. But Thematically and mechanically Revenant is a bit weird and in some areas truly mediocre. So im going to try and adapt Revenant to be more in line with his theme and more mechanically suitable.

Passive-I really wanted to change the passive and i had an idea i think is interesting- Revenants shields are divided into 4 seperate bars i will refer to as his SYNOVIA-Each synovia also has a small amount of built in armor- When a synovia is destroyed he releases an energy spike that stuns enemies-every synovia destroyed increases the duration of the stun- Visually a destroyed synovia is represented as one of revenants joints becoming transparent and glowing with energy

I would like to keep his ability to be uniquely resistant to certain eidolon abilities in the plains such as the magnetic waters but i would prefer if his mesmer skin was resistant to some of the more annoying attacks like starfall/ground quakes/and the eidelon blood(i will explain these in further when i get to mesmer skin)

1-Enthrall-Enthralls concept is thematically strange but with a bit of finagling we can get it to fit the bill-Enthrall now creates a sentient unit unique to revenant called an "Eidolyst" above the target enemy- Stretching between the eidolyst and the thrall are strands of eidolon energy that the Eidolyst uses to control the thrall. When thralls die the Eidolyst transforms into its full state-imagine a humanoid spectral sentient with a body modeled after the likes of conculysts/battalysts/oculysts- with a head between its shoulders- specifically a vomvalyst head- These full state eidolyst's are immune to damage and attack in melee range-they close gaps with a vomvalyst like dash and when attacked by a ranged unit they release a seeking projectile to hit them- Eidolyst's are surounded by a pillar of eidolon energy that deals dps in the area around them-Eidolyst's last for the remaining duration of Enthrall and do not count towards the thrall count once in their full state

2-Mesmer skin(it really needs a better name though-Thematically it doesn't make any sense)-Mesmer skin divides Revenants synovia bars into even smaller chunks- When a chunk is destroyed all remaining bars gain damage reduction to the dominant damage type that destroyed the previous chunk.

3-Reave(also a really weird name)- First off i want the base duration to increase and the speed of movement to be reduced- this lets you steer it through enemies more effectively-I would also like if one could steer it in the air- Stolen health and shields will primarily go to restoring synovia

4-Dance macabre is pretty good in terms of damage but it has a few problems- 

1. It gets stopped by fences- its inability to change elevation limits it's mobility even more then it's slow speed
  2. It's highly ineffective on slopes- the lasers will just go over or under enemies
  3. One healer- that's all it needs to make Dance macabre ineffective

Solution-

• Allow Revenant to increase or decrease his elevation by using the jump and crouch buttons- the higher you go the lower the angle of the lasers
  • Holding primary fire no longer boosts damage and doubles energy drain but instead focuses the lasers on your target point while stopping the rotation and increasing the speed of the adaptation

Let me know what you think of these- Specifically with mesmer skin- i have several different ideas i think could work but if felt this was the most unique and thematically appropriate.

Edited by NuclearCoffeePot
  • Like 1