Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

chould the Tenno and Sentient have worked together during the old war?

(PSN)alvian00

The Sentients, Ballas, and the Tenno you know what all of them have in common there hatred for the Orokin. The Sentients hated them for making them infertile, the Tenno and Ballas for killing Margulis. so it got me thinking would the Tenno and Sentients worked together during the old war? Ballas have already make contact with Hunhow and in a way he is space dad since he created the warframes so maybe we would have listen to him like we listen to space mom and can you image Warframes with Sentient adaptability to damage? it worked with Shadow Stalker. also i don't know if it just me but i feel like the Man in the Wall is a bigger threat then the Sentients and of all the things i learn from reading HP Lovecraft's work and that of Warhammer's Chaos gods is that when they offer a boon, knowledge or powers it always end in a bad way so ya i don't trust the Man in the Wall and i want to have as many allies when the Man in the wall dose act.

I thought about their common hardships (inflicted by the Orokin) and potential alliance, too.

Ballas, in my opinion, is involved in too much manipulations/crimes to be a reliable ally. He has no positive purpose; all he has done was for his own benefit and revenge. Not for the Tenno nor the Sentients. He betrayed his kind, but he's the perfect example of what was/is wrong with the Orokin. No ethics. No word. No compassion. Nothing but self, domination and destruction.

I think that during the Old War, it was too soon. The Tenno were ordered by the Orokin to fight and destroy the Sentients, and the Sentients were unaware of who were the Tenno, they just noticed that they were attacking them and were deadly threats, using Void Energy, which is their cryptonite. They had no reason to see the Tenno as potential allies.

Now it's different: Natah has a lot of data about the Tenno that she can share with her kin. If she realizes there are more benefits in setting an alliance with them against the surviving Orokin or other greater threats (new faction/arch-enemy?), rather than going into another sterile and suicidal war; they could certainly be natural and very produtive allies. Working together to maintain good conditions for life to prosper (their creeds are similar in that aspect: the Tenno are supposed to keep balance, and the Sentient to set favorable conditions in new hostile worlds: they are both defending Life.

Natah is the hyphen between them. She just needs to open her eyes, and find in this opportunity her new purpose. Maybe that the Tenno will manage to reach her somehow after some fights, and wake her up on these possibilities. Let's hope so. 'Cause if not, the issue will be very bad, whatever it'd be (either the Tenno win: the Sentients of Tau will engage in an eternal war with the Origin System, or the Sentients win: many Tenno are slaughtered and we become exiled/fugitives or something like that. :/ )

Edited by Yaerion
  • Like 1

First of all I want to point out: hatred is not the leading power for the Sentient. Listen to Natah dialogue, she's mostly calm and methodical (except for when she speaks of her family which is because they have a family cult).

While the hatred towards Orokin might have played some role when the Orokin were actually alive, now they are mostly dead, so it is becoming obvious that the single purpose of the Sentient is annihilation of humanity. (Unfortunately the supporting quote isn't listed on wiki and I'm too lazy to go find it ingame, but if you insist I will)

The main reason is not some feelings, it is much simpler: humanity attacked first. And for them it doesn't matter what caste it was: Orokin or Tenno or some other, they just want to exterminate us all.

Now about Ballas. First of all he's a system-scale d*ck of course. He was working with the Sentient and yet always had a Sentient killing sword with him. He thinks of himself as a great stratrgist and yet he's constantly making some stupid mistakes. He wanted Hunhow to destroy the Tenno, then he came and freed the Lotus of her bonds, thinking for some reason that she will accept him into their family, but forgetting what he himself saw ar the beginning of the Old War: the Sentient don't seek for compromise.

It took him being half-transformed into Sentient (and as I strongly suspect an audiention with The Man in the Wall) to realize how dumb he was and what was really happening around while he was switching sides thinking he was a genious manipulator but in reality just being a total imbecile.

Or maybe of course it is all a part of his incredibly ingenious plan, who knows.

Who is the real manipulator here are the Sentient. They never even considered allying with humans, they tricked Ballas as they later did with Alad V into being their instrument for winning the war they couldn't win by brute force. The Orokin were superior to them almost everywhere except some of them being easily manipulatable fools.

The Man in the Wall is already our ally, despite all the humanity's attempt at mass suicide he still managed to place us in as much advantage as possible by retrieving Ballas' sword from Tau. As some suppose, The Man in the Wall want humanity alive to leech of their Void presence, their emotions. That would be impossible with the Sentient, which would explain why he is on our side in the war.