Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Renewal Field Static / Doesn't Re-apply

KynaTiona

Looking at the in-game descriptions and the lack of visual effects, I'm genuinely not convinced that the healing field left by Oberon's Renewal ability is supposed to be static. It really seems like it's supposed to follow him around, and just fails to do so for some reason. Not being able to re-apply the buff after it's been nulled (from falling into a pit, walking into a nullifier, etc.) also seems like a bug, as if the spell is avoiding applying the buff twice by consulting a list of people it's affected rather than simply checking the target for whether the buff is present.

Please review this, as it seems like it would take a relatively simple fix to be a massive quality of life improvement for Oberon players.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2019-08-13 at 3:37 AM, KynaTiona said:

Looking at the in-game descriptions and the lack of visual effects, I'm genuinely not convinced that the healing field left by Oberon's Renewal ability is supposed to be static. It really seems like it's supposed to follow him around, and just fails to do so for some reason. Not being able to re-apply the buff after it's been nulled (from falling into a pit, walking into a nullifier, etc.) also seems like a bug, as if the spell is avoiding applying the buff twice by consulting a list of people it's affected rather than simply checking the target for whether the buff is present.

Please review this, as it seems like it would take a relatively simple fix to be a massive quality of life improvement for Oberon players.

Preach! 

Fully support this change.

I agree this need some fix or improvements.

While other player is Oberon that keeps Renewal ability on...
1. Fall down and teleport, shuts off renewal from Oberon and cannot be re-applied.
2. Nullifier enemy, shuts off renewal from Oberon and cannot be re-applied.
3. Excalibur Umbra and Transference out of Warframe, shuts off renewal from Oberon, but can re-apply to Warframe.
4. Excalibur Umbra and Transference back into Warframe, shuts off renewal from Oberon, cannot re-apply while in Warframe.
5. Death and respawn, renewal can re-apply if you know the location Oberon used Renewal ability.
6. Join mid game with Oberon have renewal already enabled. Renewal can apply, when found the location Oberon used renewal at.

While using Oberon...
1. Fall down and teleport, shuts off renewal to everyone. this might be ok I guess.
2. Nullifier enemy. Stopped gaining benefit of renewal, but other allies still have renewal, which cost energy. Can only apply to self with shut off and use renewal.

On 2019-10-16 at 2:00 PM, sam686 said:

While using Oberon...
1. Fall down and teleport, shuts off renewal to everyone. this might be ok I guess.
2. Nullifier enemy. Stopped gaining benefit of renewal, but other allies still have renewal, which cost energy. Can only apply to self with shut off and use renewal.

I'm obviously fine with the concept of Oberon being nullified/dispelled - that makes perfect sense to me.

However, again, this draws us back to one of the core issues - in the case that Oberon DOES get nullified and has to reactivate renewal, the teammates have no visual indicators of where the renewed ground is. 

Adding a visual indicator would be a good start, but it should honestly be changed to act as an aura centered on Oberon so teammates can simply say "Oh, it seems I have been a little clumsy and lost my renewal buff, I will delicately prance to wherever the current Oberon is and beg for his forgiveness." "Nullified? No worries, I can just go near Oberon to get the buff back."