Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hitbox is gone, and projectiles can't damage eidolon limbs while they're rising out of the water

Sohaya-

So as of the most recent hotfix, eidolon hitboxes seem to have disappeared except from the limbs themselves. For example, standing on eidolon knees will cause you to fall through the model of the eidolon, instead of allowing you to stay there. This doesn't affect meta eidolon hunting much, however it is still a bug that's ruining a lot of players' gameplay experience. For example, using excalibur's radial javelin complete with augment to act as a dps role is completely out of the question now, forcing players back to the old Chroma or Rhino/Trinity/Harrow/Volt setup.

Also can we get a fix for projectiles (except catchmoon kitguns) and some others not being able to damage hydrolysts and gantulysts' while they're rising out of the water? When the two eidolons rise out of the lakes or something, their shields can be taken down by amps. However once that's done, the eidolon's limbs cannot be damaged at all by certain weapons while the eidolon still isn't clear of the water. (Once it completely leaves the lake the bug disappears) Hitscan snipers like Rubico can still damage limbs as per normal. (This seems to force a teleport out of the water once the limb is destroyed.) However, projectile weapons such as the Lanka and Castanas cannot damage the synovia at all. The same also appears to be the case for the Redeemer (Prime).

Please fix thanks, the last one is a longstanding bug that many have asked to fix

Edited by RWBY-WhiteRose
  • Like 1

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. If you are still encountering this bug, please provide additional details, such as reproduction steps, what was happening before the issue started, possibly your build and settings. What kind of squad you were in (solo, host, client) In addition, videos and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

On 2019-08-14 at 4:55 AM, [DE]Tweep said:

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. If you are still encountering this bug, please provide additional details, such as reproduction steps, what was happening before the issue started, possibly your build and settings. What kind of squad you were in (solo, host, client) In addition, videos and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

I cannot speak for the first bug, but I am experiencing the same issue with projectiles not damaging the synovia as the eidolon rises out of the water.

The video in this linked post is not mine, but it illustrates the issue well.

I've only recently come back from a 8-month break from the game, but prior to coming back you were always able to damage the Eidolon Synovia prior to it leaving the water provided the shield was down.

Currently, you are unable to damage the Synovia as the Eidolon rises from the lake if you are using a projectile weapon (the Lanka in this case). This is not a problem if you are using a hitscan weapon (like Rubico Prime).

In the following video, you can see my Lanka projectile pass right through the Synovia, yet my teammate using Rubico Prime is able to damage and destroy the Synovia exactly as expected.