Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash The New Melee META??? Augment is PERFECT - Thanks DE :*

Somi_xD

Yeah ... Looks like DE messed up with the Scaling of the Augment.
Now it scales Melee hits as well, if you hit Enemies who are attacked by clones.

I would say - keep it in, i love it -  1900 out of 10.

Quick Update:
You get those extra hits on every enemy as long as Bladestorm is active.
That means you can shred a shroom with bladestorm and while your clones in are busy you can attack unmarked enemies in the other room and still get a huge load of Combo Hits.

Also - same setup just with Sarpa - 10 Seconds
The only mod that affects combo counter is Rising Storm. 
0l2KysO.jpg

Edited by Somi_xD
  • Like 5

vor 10 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hikuro-93:

Seeing as most people complained hard about his specific augment change I'm curious now... It was supposed to be a nerf according to some lol

Let's bring some experts in since I do want to use Ash in his full glory again, but can't be bothered without being sure it's worth it.

In theory the buff for the Augment is decent and it is worth using if you wanna enchance your Melee.

But how it works currently is just ridiculous 😄
I mean 8 enemies and i hit 1900 combo counter in like 10 seconds, i would say this isn't intended ^^

• Like 2

vor 3 Minuten schrieb BlachWolf:

Now this puts a smile on my face, though I wouldnt get used to it since its most definitively a bug.

Me too, smiling and laughing since i found this ^^
Yeah i would say we can see this as an "Event" xD
Have fun as long as it stays :P

Edited by Somi_xD

vor 54 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hikuro-93:

Seeing as most people complained hard about his specific augment change I'm curious now... It was supposed to be a nerf according to some lol

People were mostly confused what the devworkshop meant. Clones are already giving you melee combo and the workshop post was not very specific. As it turned out with the augment they gave 4 stacks instead of 1 to the melee combo. On top of that it's now affected by powerstrength. 

I agree with OP that this doesnt look like it's intented behavior, just from the augment itself you get 244 hits which already puts you into 3x multiplier. So while not as crazy as the video it's still a very strong augment. On top of that it gives +10 seconds combo duration so you even open up a modslot on your melee weapon.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

People were mostly confused what the devworkshop meant. Clones are already giving you melee combo and the workshop post was not very specific. As it turned out with the augment they gave 4 stacks instead of 1 to the melee combo. On top of that it's now affected by powerstrength. 

I agree with OP that this doesnt look like it's intented behavior, just from the augment itself you get 244 hits which already puts you into 3x multiplier. So while not as crazy as the video it's still a very strong augment. On top of that it gives +10 seconds combo duration so you even open up a modslot on your melee weapon.

Oh I see! Since I haven't used Ash in any meaningful way in years I was actually kinda lost as to what these latest changes actually represented, and I doubted DE would really nerf him knowing he isn't exactly meta. Not in the likes of a Mesa or Saryn, anyway.

Thanks for the info! I might try him out with the augment and see what gives. Even if this does seems very powerful and might be corrected the premise of the change still seems quite good because I do use melee and its combo counter a lot.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Drachnyn:

To be honest - it isn't even that broken as it looks like in the video.
I tried it out while doing a 20 min Defense for Nightwave.
I managed to get a 2400 combo counter in those 20 minutes.

That's because the Bladestorm is pretty clunky and it's not that easy to get those hits in those short windows where a Clone attacks an enemy ^^
I really think this could stay, just adjust the numbers abit and it would be really fine.

The interesting detail about this is that it sheds some light into the inner workings of the game. Apparently the +Hits is not placed on the attacks but on the marked enemies. It would be interesting to see if it affects other players. ie: You bladestorm and your friend attacks the mobs while they are being stormed, does it give him the bonus hits?

EDIT: Tested. Only the Ash who unleashed the storm can use this gimmick. That's another note for the book.

Edited by Nazrethim
  • Like 1

vor 48 Minuten schrieb Nazrethim:

The interesting detail about this is that it sheds some light into the inner workings of the game. Apparently the +Hits is not placed on the attacks but on the marked enemies. It would be interesting to see if it affects other players. ie: You bladestorm and your friend attacks the mobs while they are being stormed, does it give him the bonus hits?

EDIT: Tested. Only the Ash who unleashed the storm can use this gimmick. That's another note for the book.

Huh 2 bad it didn't work this way ^^ would be interessting.
I wonder if Melee weapons with AOE effects like the Zenistar are affected too.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb JuicyPop:

Ash doing his lengthy gimmick meanwhile any warm body with an Atterax has already cleared the map. 

The titel is just a small exaggeration, and clearly an Attarax does the job cleaner.
But on the other hand - Ash can go with ANY weapon now and climbe up those thousands of Combo hits, in less than a minute.
And I can still play it like i want without the need to spin like crazy through the map ^^

In the same vein garuda does something very similar. You sacrifice a slot on your weapon for relentless combination, use seeking talons in an enemy, put them in blood altar. Congrats you have 20 seconds to smack then and generate trillions of bleeds on them. Get 2 guys together and youll hit 2k combo in under a minute with a fast weapon.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Nazrethim:

Quick Update:
You get those extra hits on every enemy as long as Bladestorm is active.
That means you can shred a shroom with bladestorm and while your clones in are busy you can attack unmarked enemies in the other room and still get a huge load of Combo Hits.
That just screams like unintended D:

Also - same setup just with Sarpa - 10 Seconds 
0l2KysO.jpg

Edited by Somi_xD

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Thy Divinity:

Found the new guy. 

I play mostly Limbo and despise Saryn.   But by all means, please continue to show off your flexibility by sticking your foot in your mouth.

Dude, you are way to serious ^^

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Found the new guy. 

I play mostly Limbo and despise Saryn.   But by all means, please continue to show off your flexibility by sticking your foot in your mouth.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

False. 

I never take that kind of response serious.  I will correct a comment on occasion, though