Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With whom do you ally for invasions?

LEXEN-OBF

I found over the last two weeks of doing lots of invasion missions, I find myself allying with Grineer just because. The more I did it, however, the more I liked it. It feels like I've done 20 to 30 recently and the only time I fought on the side of the Corpus was during a couple of infestations.

Will that come back to haunt me at any point? Have you "picked a side" or is it only ever about loot?

Basically what Aldain and Kaotyke said. Depend on the rewards since both factions want to destroy us and syndicates also cannot be ally with all normally. I usually avoid these invasion missions and once I get into some for 3 run then I choose mostly Corpus but it is totally depend on their rewards.

Morally if I could I would lead my sentient / infested army into a battle to exterminate all the Corpus and Grineers.

Edit : Actually the infested part could be viable since Helminth is our own infestation which helps us. 

Edited by Szuna
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Szuna said:

Edit : Actually the infested part could be viable since Helminth is our own infestation which helps us. 

We'd have to compete against the common Infestation, so it'd Infestation versus a Warframe making Infestation, which would really help Alad V with his Tenno research, and help him make a Corpus-Sentient-Warframe(-Infestation) hybrid. That sounds interesting, DE, when will this be added?

Also, there should be rival Corpus businesses waging war on one another, So we can choose sides between Vapos, Terra, and what ever Frohd Bek will call his division, along with standard Corpus. This should be in the Invasion Overhaul.

As for what side I pick in Invasions, it is whoever is offering what ever I need. Right now, it is the Corpus for Fieldron, and who ever is offering Mutagen Masses.

• Like 1

I pick based on;
1. Loot!
2. Mission type if I need invasions for Nightwave and none of the loot interests me.

P.S. I wish I didn't have to side with anyone (or I could tell them to go home and just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing) because I keep going after anything that moves and then realize I'm trying to kill things that are on my side 😄

37 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Whichever has the payment I want.

Pretty much this. 

Although, if I have to do them, say, for Nightwave, and the reward is peanuts, then it's usually corpus since grineer are both less hassle and more fun to shoot at. Mission type matters as well. I'll pick endless modes or directed objectives over any free roaming or spy type missions since it cuts down on That Guyism a bit. 

Look at all those mercenaries. Going for the biggest slice of pie offered to them.

Corpus. They may have annoying tech and annoying enemies, but I'd rather not help the Grineer gain anything. I hate the Grineer. I'd rather align with the greedy butts who I could fight with wealth instead of weapons. (That's more lorewise. Corpus are greedy and our massive stockpiles of credits and plat would make them pee their pants in excitement.) I'd rather not give the Grineer power. Because of siding with them, the Grineer were able to develop the Fomorians. Let's learn from that.

Even if rewards aren't a factor - which they often aren't, I've got a most of the stuff I want from battle pay - my choice is purely on a whim.

My Tenno might have favoured the Corpus once upon a time, but that preceded learning about guys like Nef Anyo and Alad V dissecting people for one reason or another. Now I'll offer my services as an exterminator for effectively a coin flip.

usually whoever pays best, and by that I mean a Catalyst. I'll accept Forma Blueprint or Exilus Adapter Blueprints if no better options are available. I already have all the Vandal and Wraith weapons.

I don't really even "need" Catalysts anymore, but I try to keep as many as I can just in case an update gives us a ton of weapons and coincides with a prime release.

8 hours ago, EquinoxPrime said:

I just wish we could side with the Infested. 

But we do that from the start.

Just not the "Must consume all" strain. That one is a f*BLEEP*cking glutton.

Edited by Kaotyke

I think this was a missed opportunity to using the syndicate reputation system in a way that actually made sense for once. Siding with one side or the other consistently being it's own reward system to make up for not always getting exactly what you wanted. Yet being wishy washy guaranteed no practical standing increase.