The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a way to get some good color palettes for free?

Scabbbbb

Question

Hello fellow tennos! 

I know I can get color palettes for platinum and on holidays like easter, halloween, etc.

But is there any other way to get color palettes for free as I am tight on money rn and don't have enough plat. You know I wanna spice my frames up a bit 😉

16 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Scabbbbb said:

But is there any other way to get color palettes for free as I am tight on money rn and don't have enough plat. You know I wanna spice my frames up a bit 😉

Yes, there is. It is called trading in-game. You sell stuff you don’t want for platinum, then you buy stuff you do want with said platinum.

I assume you know about that and want an easier method. Other methods exists, they will most likely get you in at least some trouble with DE (if not banned outright).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

St Patrick day, Valentines, 4th July and Haloween gives free theme color palette. Baro has one, last tac alert had also one. Desaturated Gamma palette was in intermission nightwave, so it can return before season 3.

Okay, thanks for the information!

Just now, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Wait till you get a daily 50/75% off coupon.  Then grab a color palette.   You can also do this with octavia instruments and stuff for your captains quarters like vignettes or stencils.  Not to mention decorations.   

How do I do the one with octavia?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Wait till you get a daily 50/75% off coupon.  Then grab a color palette.   You can also do this with octavia instruments and stuff for your captains quarters like vignettes or stencils.  Not to mention decorations.   

I don't think those coupons exist on PC which is forum account says they play on.

35 minutes ago, Scabbbbb said:

Sadly other than what was said you're best bet is trading items for plat and then buying what you want. warframe.market is a great place to find what is popular. Prime warframes if sold as a set are easy 80+ plat.

2 minutes ago, Scabbbbb said:

How do I do the one with octavia?

Not her warframe but her musical instruments so you can use different sounds.  I dont know any other way than jump into your octavia, goto her mandachord, choose an instrument you dont have and it will ask you to buy it.  

Each instrument pack covers all three catagories of mandachord,  buying any instrument pack will cover base, melody, ..the other one...  So it doesnt matter what you click on to get to the instrument packs.    I recommend Horus as one of the first it is super nice. 

Baro offers two palettes. Ki'Teer has cyans, teals, and browns. Eminence is blues and purples of varying saturation levels (I like a lot of the desaturated options), with a small number of pinks and teals.  You may have to wait a bit for these to come into his stock, but they're a good use of ducats.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Not her warframe but her musical instruments so you can use different sounds.  I dont know any other way than jump into your octavia, goto her mandachord, choose an instrument you dont have and it will ask you to buy it.  

Each instrument pack covers all three catagories of mandachord,  buying any instrument pack will cover base, melody, ..the other one...  So it doesnt matter what you click on to get to the instrument packs.    I recommend Horus as one of the first it is super nice. 

I thought you were talking about an octavia related color palette that i didn't know about. LOL

13 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

I don't think those coupons exist on PC which is forum account says they play on.

A jab at the randomness hmm

11 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Oh lol...  didnt look at that.   Sorry =P

They do exist, just rare.

1 hour ago, Nova-IX said:

A jab at the randomness hmm

No jab, just never seen it on PC. OP is flagged as PC and commenter was not. Just trying to figure if it is real or just a Console thing since their coupons are a little different.

This was also based on the wiki https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Daily_Tribute

Edited by Zelmen