Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Vauban Ideas

(PSN)yandelyandel2000

3 hours ago, keikogi said:

You mifit be relatively new around here but in ancient times (around update 9) bastille had no target limit.

Tell me this

How is Bastille useful when Vortex has the same range as it? 

Anyway you slice it, Vortex will always increase your kps (in consideration that he can shred armor) if you place Bastille and Vortex in it all the time

Bastille becomes simply a catalyst for Vortex- not synergy, just wasting and exploiting Bastille

3 hours ago, keikogi said:

Vauban is widely considered a bad frame and has or had a lot of fans. I've seen lots of reworks: mutiple Vauban modes ; summoning tactical armors; exalted turrents ( there is at leas 50 of this one ) ; exalted Moa ; exalted sentinel or my version (exalted sentinel/ armor ). All these reworks are trying to adrees 2 problems.

First , Vauban skills feel the same ( throw a ball it does cc , the only thing you have to do is look at the most energy efficient one).

Second , CC immune enemies are a thing , if the only survivability you got is cc , you are going down. 

I can argue against all those reworks, its pretty simple

They don't address his core problems 

The abilities don't feel the same when one is a black hole and the other does the opposite

Vauban at the very least  deserves visual reworks to make them actually look like mines and more fine tuned with the ability

Thats a visual design problem

Second, I should put this in the post because I said it already

Anti-CC enemies need a rework

For example, Remove Nullifier weapon and bubble

Give them a weapon that shoots a projectile and if you get hit by it, you lose the most used ability 

The bubble they shoot at you could be popped 

Simple dimple, pop the pimple 

Of course somethings could be added as well 

Is that a bandaid? I can't tell

Edited by (PS4)yandelyandel2000

You basically ablw to nuke with weapon

STAY AWAY FROM WEAPON WHEN DOING WARFRAME REWORK..

They shouldnt be related

3 hours ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

And yes, I find Vaubans play style to be the most fun frame in the game 

Tell me how is your rework is fun.. because all i see is throw and wait tactic.. no real challenge, the other abilities does the same as old

No, I will change many things based on feedback- that just takes some time. 

Yet i hadn't see anything from the page that you change. You still stand strong on your point and refuse to change

Reworking Tesla or Minelayer to function more better with his other 2 abilities is far better and theres far more simple ways to do that, then creating other abilities that can have its own problems

Thats all thats needed in a rework, to make the frame more effective at what he does and he already has 2 good abilites

And with his good abilities overlap? Then adding another that does practically the same? Then you add another STATIC 5 minutes of radial radiation/armor stripping?

I still unable to see why this rework is balanced or "good rework". Because it keep all his clunkiness, having same ability or such

I'm saying that in the context of you're saying and your rework

You said Vortex has too low damage, it's not a stretch to assume that Vortex can kill things with that damage or the other abilities you gave him

Are you sure you're replying to right section?

Player have more choice.. i already talked about.

They don't address his core problems 

Your idea doesn't address his core problem.. it add more CC

For example, Remove Nullifier weapon and bubble

Give them a weapon that shoots a projectile and if you get hit by it, you lose the most used ability 

The bubble they shoot at you could be popped 

Simple dimple, pop the pimple 

Of course somethings could be added as well 

Sounds like.. complex.. which mean doesnt look like a fun way to fight

Current nullifier is alright, i dont know why people hate it

7 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Yet i hadn't see anything from the page that you change. You still stand strong on your point and refuse to change

Read the last part again please 

9 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

And with his good abilities overlap? Then adding another that does practically the same? Then you add another STATIC 5 minutes of radial radiation/armor stripping?

I still unable to see why this rework is balanced or "good rework". Because it keep all his clunkiness, having same ability or such

You keep repeating yourself and I've already said my point about the static of all his abilities so I must keep repeating myself:

It doesn't matter that they're static when the enemy is going to your placed CC, Rewire indirectly affects the staticness of his abilities 

It allows Vauban to actually make his traps relevant, just by reworking an ability that needs a rework

All his mines expect trip laser are 5 minutes already, you are saying just buffing them would be OP?

This is reasons why the concepts are balanced:

He can't do everything but heavily excels at CC and be rewarded for his CC by making his weapons stronger

17 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

You basically ablw to nuke with weapon

STAY AWAY FROM WEAPON WHEN DOING WARFRAME REWORK..

They shouldnt be related

But they are related and they do coexist

17 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Your idea doesn't address his core problem.. it add more CC

Thats because you're not taking into account any weapons

You are acting as if you'll just sit their in place letting the abilities do all the work

28 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Sounds like.. complex.. which mean doesnt look like a fun way to fight

Current nullifier is alright, i dont know why people hate it

Yeah I can't think of anything as to why people don't like it

/s

I'm sure you think of something why someone doesn't like it 

You know thats a direct survival buff for all CC frames? For all squishy CC frames?

All this fun you're talking about is subjective

You know I actually find Vauban fun this way

I find most other frames quite boring

But I won't argue to rework Ivara or Nova because they are boring

You know I even find Octavia to be more fun then these two

@(PS4)yandelyandel2000, you are not even paying attention to what people are saying anymore, you are just mindlessly defending your rework even when people are not talking about it.

Let me show the context of what I was talking about.

@Gruiz talk about people removing the target cap on bastille, and says he thinks it is a good idea

14 hours ago, Gruiz said:

A lot of people suggest to remove the enemy limit.. which i agree

You respond you might as remove bastille if you are going to do this

8 hours ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:
14 hours ago, Gruiz said:

A lot of people suggest to remove the enemy limit.. which i agree

Just remove Bastille at that point

Them I show he is just reestablishing the skill original function

7 hours ago, keikogi said:

You mifit be relatively new around here but in ancient times (around update 9) bastille had no target limit.

Somehow think I’m talking your rework, not the response I’ve quoted

4 hours ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

Tell me this

Anyway you slice it, Vortex will always increase your kps (in consideration that he can shred armor) if you place Bastille and Vortex in it all the time

Bastille becomes simply a catalyst for Vortex- not synergy, just wasting and exploiting Bastille

Do you even realize you already conceded that your rework won’t really work because the problem is the enemies? Here is your quote.

On 2019-08-14 at 12:47 PM, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

Staying away from CC as a survival tool is not needed- it could be achieved effectively, but thats probably not going to happen because it requires reworking of anti-CC things as well 

If you already realized that, you would want to rework all the cc immunes enemies: batalist; conculist; vonvalist ; raknoids (big ones) ; thumpers ; Kuva Guardians ; Juggernaut ; nullifiers ; bursa moa with the nullifier balls and so on.  Them you would look for new cc balls to give Vauban.

For the last time let me give you the most detailed explanation of my point since the TL:DR version could quite convince you.

DE won’t stop with CC immune enemies. They will probably just create CC immune enemies and “damage” immune enemies (Example of damage immune enemies: juggernaut and Nox.)  as well. Look at the new warframes, they are usually more well-rounded. Why? Avoid overlapping skills. Also, DE has been adding enemies that can counter masterfully a single skill type.  You can still use your kit to defeat these enemies , because if your kit doesn’t overlap to much: if the enemy can’t be effectively damage by skill (nox), you can use cc against him and head shot him to death; if the enemy is both skill and damage immune(thumper) , you still got your self-buff; if the enemy can purge buffs (some types of scrambus) you probably can cast your cc reactively. If your kit is not well rounded, as soon as enemy can resist your strength (cc, damage or self-buff) you can’t use your skill tool to fight that enemy at all.

If don’t think DE is considering this direction, do you remember the Comba and Scrambus enemies. They were the first interaction of this design direction. Each type of Comba and Scrambus can counter 1 type of skill. DE hasn’t used this exact interaction of enemy because some frames only have 1 type of skill (Vauban only has CC; trinity only has buffs and debuffs). But if you pay attention to DE design choices, you would realize they decided a few elite enemies being able to dunk on a skill type is a good idea. If Vauban only has CC, that anti cc elite enemy will dunk on him. For the Corpus the nullifiers bubble, but DE will probably add more.  I would expect a medic enemy capable of removing cc from grinier to come soon. The newest examples: both thumpers and Scyto Raknoid don’t give the faintest of #*!%s about invisibility. An older example: it is a somewhat unknown, but juggernauts can break Mind control all nearby infested. In conclusion, DE doesn’t show any intention to move away from CC immune enemies, if you look it the newest additions odds are the corrupted, grineer and infested will get their own set of anti CC stuff. For god sake even adds on boss fights are CC immune these days (vomvalist and coolant raknoide)

Edited by keikogi

4 hours ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

This doesnt mention anything about player (more) choice.. its talking about that Bastille will be catalyst for vortex..and I have no problem with it because it comes with great cost

Vortex has lesser duration than Bastille.. which mean to use Vor-tille at it best, you need to recast Vortex again

Costing 75x3= 225 energy

@keikogithanks for pointing that out

Edited by Gruiz

40 minutes ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

But they are related and they do coexist

By your logic.. Adraza kavat exist.. why do we need crit chance on weapon

doesn't matter that they're static when the enemy is going to your placed CC, Rewire indirectly affects the staticness of his abilities 

Yet rewire also static.. have you ever go around and know why people hate vauban? Not only he is CC-only frame

HIS abilities is too static for fast paced game.

I'm sure you think of something why someone doesn't like it 

You know thats a direct survival buff for all CC frames? For all squishy CC frames?

Isnt that make it more challenging?

Thats because you're not taking into account any weapons

You are acting as if you'll just sit their in place letting the abilities do all the work

I never said ability should do their own work.. but to change abilities base on "punch through" weapon is... No

Edited by Gruiz

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

Somehow think I’m talking your rework, not the response I’ve quoted

Do you read the past comments by Gruiz and me?

Are you sure you know what I am talking about?

He provided a synergy with Bastille and Vortex that allows Vortex to have the same range as Bastille with Bastille itself being able to attract enemies, then he said that he agreed to removing the limit of Bastille

Then I said, Why not remove Bastille at that point

Do you not see what I'm trying to say?

Vortex will be just a better Bastille at that point and I am speaking to Gruiz, not to you that came with your own rework- which I thought was widely unnecessary but cool, the rework I mean

You just stated something from the past where that synergy with Vortex doesn't exist which sounded like a counterpoint to what I said of removing Bastille, so I rephrased the same counterpoint again for you, for like the third time in this thread

And if I remember I believe you have something similar to this synergy in your rework as well, where you throw a Tesla into Bastille and it magically becomes a Vortex?

Do you even realize you already conceded that your rework won’t really work because the problem is the enemies? Here is your quote.

Do you realize that the purpose of Concuss+Bastille and the Decoy from Rewire are supposed to provide measures against anti-CC enemies in terms of ensuring your survival with the proper position of the decoy (not just the effect of it)

This rework can work with such little change- that was the point of this idea

Of course it will be even more effective if CC enemies get a rework and helps ALL other squishy frames that are CC based

This is what I think you can change as little as possible and still be useful- he doesn't need anymore CC than this to work as a trap frame

f you already realized that, you would want to rework all the cc immunes enemies: batalist; conculist; vonvalist ; raknoids (big ones) ; thumpers ; Kuva Guardians ; Juggernaut ; nullifiers ; bursa moa with the nullifier balls and so on.  Them you would look for new cc balls to give Vauban.

You seem to think that I care about all those things in this rework as if you need 1 frame to do every content when theres 39 others possibly fitted better than Vauban for such content 

At least the only enemy there that actually has sustainable content is the Kuva Gaurdian and its probably a good example of what anti-CC/anti-damage enemies should be:

Easy to counter with its shotgun and melee, so not an immediate threat to your life and does not literally remove the basis of most frames

I really only care about Nullifiers Bubbles/Nullifiers The change I stated is pretty simple

Remove the bubble and make them throw out bubbles that have to touch you

I already commented on you saying this, do you not remember?

24 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

By your logic.. Adraza kavat exist.. why do we need crit chance on weapon

What?

I'm saying Warframe abilities and weapons are sometimes complementary to each other

Mags Magnetize, Harrow, Vauban's Vortex and Bastille and Shred, Nova ball thingy

24 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Isnt that make it more challenging?

Imagine a slow fire rate Mutualist Quanta bubble coming at you at that same speed or any Bubble coming at you

The Nullifier charges and pulls the trigger causing him to fall back a little

Because a gun that can negate a Warframe should be that big

You can actually dodge this and it will won't kill you if you get hit

Maybe its easier to dodge the Lanka though

34 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

This doesnt mention anything about player (more) choice.. its talking about that Bastille will be catalyst for vortex..and I have no problem with it because it comes with great cost

Vortex has lesser duration than Bastille.. which mean to use Vor-tille at it best, you need to recast Vortex again

Costing 75x3= 225 energy

Because it's a counterpoint to player choice

It won't cost that much energy, thats the base and where did you get x3?

No energy orbs are going to appear before you kill everything with the first Vortex?

The duration really doesn't matter, 10 sec for Vortex is enough to destroy anything with your weapons and that only requires 1 mod to reach that duration against fleeting expertise (which doesn't have to be max)

22 minutes ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

Imagine a slow fire rate Mutualist Quanta bubble coming at you at that same speed or any Bubble coming at you

Thats why you use both fast and slow weapon for primary and secondary

4 minutes ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

thats the base and where did you get x3?

1 Bastille.. 1 vortex

Vortex end and Bastille still up

Recast the vortex

3 Abilities if the synergy and Vortex-Bastille combined..

29 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Thats why you use both fast and slow weapon for primary and secondary

I know this but it doesn't matter when they a Lanka that only gets more dangerous as you get higher and higher

You can't even tell if they're coming in the Minimap when you put on enemy sense mod

You can't tell of the enemies that are coming at all

And holstering speed is so slow

29 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

1 Bastille.. 1 vortex

Vortex end and Bastille still up

Recast the vortex

3 Abilities if the synergy and Vortex-Bastille combined..

I understand what you mean

Though to me its

Bastille begins, throw Vortex into Bastille

Vortex begins

Kill everything in Vortex

The killing of everything is where the synergy stops because you have used the two at their potential

Adding the third one just reinforces the lack of player choice 

8 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

@(PS4)yandelyandel2000

Well everything you said above could be inserted to all frame

So i both agree and disagree in many ways

Except foe the fact noone force ypu to recast the vortex 😄

But do those frames always have a synergy that nullifies the other two/three abilities? 

You will always create a better scenario if you cast Vortex as well in every possible way, simply because you can kill things faster than using all his other two abilities with weapons

But do those frames always have a synergy that nullifies the other two/three abilities? 

You will always create a better scenario if you cast Vortex as well in every possible way, simply because you can kill things faster than using all his other two abilities with weapons

Its back again to player choice and preference.. its better not to force how they do things

8 hours ago, Gruiz said:

Its back again to player choice and preference.. its better not to force how they do things

Because people will just try to do the most optimal route for most of the content

And 20m Vortex is that optimal route, especially since you can kill everything thats spawning with how powerful weapons are and can be

20m Vortex is so good like that in terms of the DPS meta as you say

1 hour ago, Gruiz said:

I disagree with you there..

Hmm an example

If Nidus could spam his Larva and if it didn't require line of sight to grab enemies, you don't think people would use this a lot more (more than now) and mainly use this?

And this build is going to cost around 40-50 energy and you will get 25 energy back from enemy death and theirs many other ways to make energy more abundant 

Of course Vauban requires gunplay and his abilities are all one handed possibly to not interrupt gunplay, but either way you can do the same as Nidus in terms of killing (especially at lower levels)

Do you need Tesla for that? An Orb Mother? Sentinel summoning? no

All you need is Bastille+Vortex and a strong weapon like a unriven modded Staticor/Komorex/Phantasm and many others to name

You say this because you don't think its fun for others, no?

7 hours ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

Hmm an example

If Nidus could spam his Larva and if it didn't require line of sight to grab enemies, you don't think people would use this a lot more (more than now) and mainly use this?

And this build is going to cost around 40-50 energy and you will get 25 energy back from enemy death and theirs many other ways to make energy more abundant 

Of course Vauban requires gunplay and his abilities are all one handed possibly to not interrupt gunplay, but either way you can do the same as Nidus in terms of killing (especially at lower levels)

Do you need Tesla for that? An Orb Mother? Sentinel summoning? no

All you need is Bastille+Vortex and a strong weapon like a unriven modded Staticor/Komorex/Phantasm and many others to name

You say this because you don't think its fun for others, no?

Again really? Is the game only revolve around killing? Not having fun?

How is killing everyone is the only fun you get?

Im not sure what are you even talking about after quoting my "i disagree with you there". You didn't even get the point anymore

Not everyone will do the most optimal way, Having the synergy and lot of ability will give player freedom

The frame shouldn't be forced to do just 1 strategy

Which is why your rework has flaw.. it made as if Rewire is MUST in every situation

Why do i propose Orb mother? Because it gives more GAMEPLAY, more strategy

Why do i propose sentinel summoning (or shield osprey in my case), because it gave SURVIVABILITY without relying on CC

O yeah, i shouldn't have to push my rework in this thread for no reason

And then your rework..

300s (5 minutes, exactly same as 1survival mission rotation) that do all the armor stripping and radiation proc with only 1 throw. You throw a few (3-4 each) and then leave it be.. any enemy that comes close to Shred/Concuss will be confused and have their armor stripped..  then the trip wire, just put it there and let them do all the work (Scaled damage)

YOU DIDNT EVEN NEED TO DO ANYTHING BESIDE WAITING.. How is that FUN?

Before you go talking (but they have delaysss and charges). What if you put it strategically? Like not having them clump into one place but scattered in hallway (ill give image visualization when i can get to my laptop)

Then your Bastille.. your shred, concuss and tripwire will have Constant 20m Armor stripping, Radiation proc and Scaled Slash damage.. combined with rewire, its too overpowered and making vauban not killing at all... Not to mention they receive over 50% damage, and scaled with ability strength

Scaled slash damage is strong, never take it lightly

Then your vortex, does what mag bubble does.. kinda balanced but still does the same as rewire

Then your last ability (thanks for considering to change the order tho)

60m decoy that will focus every enemy fire on to that decoy and walk to the decoy.. essentially being Vortex and Bastille Bandaid..

Then you have rewire make enemies' accuracy lower, and having them stunned every 5 seconds.. making vauban hard to kill even when vauban does not move

Not only that, you made rewire to REPLENISH all trap range in that area, refreshing it duration

What kind of survival buff you talk about? Does the enemy slowed or faster? You didn't even give us details

But lo and behold, this doesn't make vauban any interesting at all... It doesnt fix Vauban at all.. he still based on CC only

He will still be not used by player, because there is nothing interesting from vauban

Even DE said that CC isnt working well anymore in the game

Edited by Gruiz

8 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Again really? Is the game only revolve around killing? Not having fun?

How is killing everyone is the only fun you get?

Because with Vauban I don't use my abilities to kill enemies directly, I use them to help me kill enemies 

Using the weapon I built with 4-6 forma is the fun part, frames themselves specifically damage dealing frames get boring really fast to me

This rework should not make him a heavy damage dealer, I'm not a balancer but the point of this rework is to make his CC more effect that also makes his traps relevant, allowing you to get more DPS out of Vortex

15 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

300s (5 minutes, exactly same as 1survival mission rotation) that do all the armor stripping and radiation proc with only 1 throw. You throw a few (3-4 each) and then leave it be.. any enemy that comes close to Shred/Concuss will be confused and have their armor stripped..  then the trip wire, just put it there and let them do all the work (Scaled damage)

This is the next step of buffing up Minelayer- improving what they do

You're just explaining what Vauban should already do (not with triplaser though)

Armor stripping does not kill enemies nor does radiation proc, the tripwire is not meant to deal that much damage (the percent would be really low of course)

21 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Then your Bastille.. your shred, concuss and tripwire will have Constant 20m Armor stripping, Radiation proc and Scaled Slash damage.. combined with rewire, its too overpowered and making vauban not killing at all... Not to mention they receive over 50% damage, and scaled with ability strength

This damage is mainly just to help your weapons just like current passive (which I'm going to remove)

The main DPS ability is Vortex+ Bastilled enemies

33 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Then your last ability (thanks for considering to change the order tho)

60m decoy that will focus every enemy fire on to that decoy and walk to the decoy.. essentially being Vortex and Bastille Bandaid..

Then you have rewire make enemies' accuracy lower, and having them stunned every 5 seconds.. making vauban hard to kill even when vauban does not move

Not only that, you made rewire to REPLENISH all trap range in that area, refreshing it duration

Yeah but Rewire doesn't deal any relevant damage 

Rewire is not going to be, you place it and now everything shoots at the decoy

You have to take into account map design, enemy line of sight, your position 

You still have to kill everything with weapons or so thats what I plan this rework to do

The replenishing could be unnecessary in that way, it was a way of putting Perpetual Vortex into other abilities

50 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Not everyone will do the most optimal way, Having the synergy and lot of ability will give player freedom

The frame shouldn't be forced to do just 1 strategy

Which is why your rework has flaw.. it made as if Rewire is MUST in every situation

Do you enjoy playing Vauban as he is now?

The loop of Rewire also stops Vauban from having to cast all his abilities, it will stop being a must once you built your defences  

57 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Even DE said that CC is not work well anymore in the game

I don't think DE would have reworked many frames, especially this one without community input