Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poisoned Weapons

Wolfstorm18

Ancient ninjas used poison in their weapons. Why there's no poison in Warframe? The only weapon which uses poison as damage is the Torid, which is a specialized weapon, big and ugly, and dont fit in a ninja role.

My suggestion is that the devs create a new class of elemental damage: poison. Of course it will not do too much damage as Torid's shots and Saryn's powers, but it should ignore armor, and do a small damage over time. In this way players will be able to bring poisoned daggers to the game and play a more ninja role if they want.

This new type of damage can also bring a response from the Grineer, which will bring a new type of soldier resistant to poison (completely sealed armor), and they can even have a new weapon with poisoned bullets.

I didnt found any mod with it.

If there's one, then its very rare. I was wanting to equip it in my Fang Prime.

There's no poison mod as of now, but I think we'll see it one day. At least Saryn can add poison damage to melee weapon, though it's not very useful power compared to others at all.

Edited by Dreamwalk3r

I think you misunderstood my post. I was talking about mods for the weapons, ANY weapon in the game, which applies some poison damage.

Ninjas used poisoned daggers, arrows, etc. not ugly infested weapons which are only obtainable through clans and after long research. Poison was relatively easy to find for the ninjas.

Why we cant have a Paris with poisoned arrows? Or daggers with poisoned blades? This is lacking in the game.

Wolfstorm18, on 23 Sept 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

I think you misunderstood my post. I was talking about mods for the weapons, ANY weapon in the game, which applies some poison damage.

Ninjas used poisoned daggers, arrows, etc. not ugly infested weapons which are only obtainable through clans and after long research. Poison was relatively easy to find for the ninjas.

Why we cant have a Paris with poisoned arrows? Or daggers with poisoned blades? This is lacking in the game.

Well they're just making more and more of that stuff now. The torid is our Poison grenade launcher and as the others have mentioned we have some Melees and one Warframe that specifically deals poison damage.

There has been quite a few requests for poison mods for rifles, etc. I really want them too. But I think that if such mods were introduced it would make the poison weapons that currently exist obsolete.

I understand what you mean though.