Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your Warframe Main, or if you don't have a main what is your top used Frame?

DOOMPATRIOT

Question

I don't really main any frame. I do have all frames and all primes. Do have lots of frames that get used depending on the task at hand or the mood.

There for the most used are, in no particular order (prime ones where applicable).

Rhino, Hydroid, Nekros, Nezha, Wukong, Ivara, Loki, Mesa, Mag, Harrow, Nidus, Nova, Oberon, Chroma, Inaros, Trinity, Titania and Saryn.

All frames that are great by themselves but can also work well with others.

Not seeing a lot of love for her but I’m using Octavia more and more. She scales fantastically well and, so long as you can avoid the AOE one shots and manage her abilities, she’s got good survivability. 

Otherwise I tend to use the frame that works best for the mission or one I haven’t used in a while. Keeps the game fresh. 

• Like 2

Honestly, who gets used the most for me depends on the mission.

For example, if I'm running something like an Exterminate or Capture, then Mirage Prime tends to be my most used frame, thanks to Hall of Mirrors allowing her to output a serious amount of projectiles. Pair that with something like the Lenz or Zarr, and things get hilarious. 

For Spy missions, it's Ivara all the way. Loki used to be up there, but since Ivara's Prowl augment is a thing it makes running certain Spy missions much less of a hassle.

For Defense and Mobile Defense, I tend to use Oberon Prime, with an appropriate loadout depending on the faction. He's also fairly good for Interception, since Hallowed Ground procs a lot of Radiation, which can cause some infighting. 

Though noone should 'main' a character. As different frames are suited better for different situations.

But if you're taking about favorite frames - for me it was Wukong prior his nerf, now its Wisp. Completely invulnerability, ridiculous melee damage output that can go for hours in survivals. Its might not be as effective in some game modes like defence as, say, a Saryn, but it sure is fun to reduce the difficulty of anything to 0.

I play a number of 'frames on a regular basis. I often change three or four times in a regular play session. 

However, there are a number that simply see more use. I'm not sure who has most time played presently, but all of the contenders have been replaced with prime variants that simply don't get played as much because I don't play as much. The bulk of time played was back when I was still farming up, well, everything. That's all done. 

Nevertheless, I think my most played is Valkyr, closely followed by Nyx and Saryn. Trinity is up there as well, and her prime is probably highest of the prime variants (it's either her or NyxP). 

Of the newer warframes, Octavia, Gara, and Khora see a lot of use, but nothing like what I used to do back in the first two years I was playing. 

So my top used frame is Nyx. I used to be a Nyx main for a loooong time just because I liked the whole psychic mind control playstyle. But as I played her more I started realizing just how lackluster the frame was in well... alot of content. Not a bad frame by any means it's just that there are other frames that could do what she did but better. That being crowd control. And in todays Warframe the best CC is being able to kill things fast. I now play a variety of different Warframes that do best in certain roles. My current favorite being Wisp right now due to her versatility and synergy with abilities. Honestly as I play Wisp more I become more and more convinced that her kit should have been the kind of treatment Nyx's rework could have gotten in a similar fashion. More ability synergy, more versatility. That is what I wanted from my #1 favorite mind control psychic warframe.