Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Umbriellan

Idea to modify Nyx-kit with a new ability, creating synergy

Hi,

We can say that Nyx is lacking in something specific: an offensive ability, able to create damages, to kill; and maybe allowing her to become more important in the high-nuke meta we have.
My idea isn't to make her a Nuke, but to create more synergy just like what we can see with Wisp (a frame that I really love to play, with such a fluid gameplay).

Today:
The (1) will target a single unit, make it a friend for a set ammount of time ; with a trick : you can charge the strength of this unit by unloading your firepower while the "friend list" is updated.
It could be very important when you are high-level, targeting the specific mini-boss-mob in the area.

The (2) will launch homming profectiles that will debuff enemies (no-armor; or no-shield & low-speed I believe for the infested = mimicking the different Warframe's Aura) & neutralizing the Ancient Infested buff.
A small thing, but useful ability for all factions

The (3) create an area of ... chaos; where the enmies can't see differences between enemies & allies.
Probably the most useful of the kit right now; for defenses, excavation, etc...

The (4) makes Nyx assimilating the damages she receive (from enemies as from allies) to project everything in a single wave.
We all know the Assimilate-Terminator builds. It could be handy from time to time.

My idea:
It is the addition of a new, offensive-ability & the addition of a synergy between already existing abilities.

New synergy with old-abilities:
1+3 (Mind Control + Chaos)
While (1) is in effect, the execution of (3) will create a "chaos pulse" from the controled-enemy ; doing a replica of the Chaos ability.
The range will be reduced by half, but the additionnal xxx% power given to the unit will increase that range.

1+4 (Mind Control + Absorb)
While (1) is in effect, the release of the accumulated firepower by (4) will create an "aborb pulse" from the controled-enemy ; as in the 1+3.
Once again, the range will be reduced (still more than half-range) & the additionnal power given to the unit will increase the damages (killing the controled enemy at the same time).

The new ability:
Like with Vauban's minelayer, or Ivara's quiver, it is an additionnal ability, put on top of an other one & which has to be selected.
Here, I would like to put it in (1) with mind-control (which then become 1-a ; while the new abillity will be 1-b).

It is a violent shock caused by the psychic powers of Nyx - creating XXX damages on a set area in front of her; comparable to Limbo's Banish (1) - or Frost's Ice Wave (2).
Range will make the area wider & longer ; strength upgrade the dealt damages ; duration shouldn't have any effect.

The synergy with this new-ability:
1-a + 1-b (Mind Control + Psychic Shock)
While (1-a) is in effect, targeting the controled-unit (with 1-b) will make him explode, affecting the nearby enemies - dealing a new set of damages.
Here the damages set by the "psychic-bomb" will be multiplied by the Warframe's power-strength + the strength accumulated by the controled-unit.
So if the "psychic-bomb" is based on the enemy controled-health, we got : " (enemy's total Health multiplied by 1, (additionnal power strength) ) multiplied by Warframe power-strength) ".

1-b + 2 (Psychic Shock + Psychic Bolts)
Using (2) you get debuffed enemies; when these enemies are targeted by (1-b), the effect of the Bolts will catch nearby enemies.
At 100% power-strength, the debuff will keep the remaining duration of the debuff applied to the initial enemies; at maximum power-strength, the debuff will receive the initial duration of the power.
Range will also affect the area of expansion.

1-b + 3 (Psychic Shock + Chaos)
When affected by (3), the enemies will be more vulnerable to the Shock (yes, I'm trying to create PTSD on Corpus units...).
This vulnerability will work just like Saryn's (1 +4) - but we could also complete the synergy by adding a multiplicative effect of the precedent synergies with Chaos induced vulnerability.
Like this, creating Chaos will gives opportunity to use the Bolts and/or Mind Control, to then provok the Shock - dealing maximum damages & ranges.

------------
Creating synergies between the old abilities (1+3 & 1+4) will already break the wall existing between those said Abilities ; but the additionnal "Psychic Shock" is building a more active gameplay, making the opportunity for the Player to use all of the Kit.
Bonus point : all of these synergies (and additionnal ability) are working perfectly with the already existing Augment for Nyx:
-Augment 1 - Mind Freak : the additionnal +500% power is additive to the "Psychic Bomb" (1-a + 1-b) dealing even more damages;
-Augment 2 - Pacifying Bolts : the stun will be affecting enemies in range too (1-b + 2);
-Augment 3 - Chaos Sphere : enemies entering in the area will become more vulnerable too to Nyx's abilities (1-b+3 & following) so it is a Quality of Life augment;
-Augment 4 - Assimilate : making you move & shoot won't effect the synergy (1+4) so remains a Quality of Life augment too.

So, what do you think about it ?

11 minutes ago, Umbriellan said:

We can say that Nyx is lacking in something specific: an offensive ability, able to create damages, to kill;

While I appreciate the work put into your concept, all Warframes are built differently, and not all Warframes are meant to deal damage. Some, like Nyx, are built for crowd control, and I think that's even better than damage output, because crowd control scales more quickly in higher levels.

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 a dit :

While I appreciate the work put into your concept, all Warframes are built differently, and not all Warframes are meant to deal damage. Some, like Nyx, are built for crowd control, and I think that's even better than damage output, because crowd control scales more quickly in higher levels.

Well, it remains mostly as a Crowd Control-based kit, as you need one of the current 4 abilities to be active to create a bonus result & giving one "active" ability is create a panel for more indirect-damages; as you are encouraged to use Mind Control ; or the Psychic Shock.

It's more like an attempt to complete Nyx's kit & allow the Tennos to experiment a bit on the battlefield (maybe creating some Wisp-kind of fluid gameplay ?)

I think the main thing that needs looked at for nyx is her 4, keep her augment the same for those who like her 4 as it is now. Then redesign her 4 to be a completely new ability. Her 3 should give nyx damage reduction (up to 85-90% like nova's 1) for each enemy that she has MC'd recently with a duration buff after casting it, base time would be 25-30s, 9% of DR per enemy up to 90%. Her main issue is she's too squishy for higher level content, and you can do a hybrid build with augments to make her 2 completely strip armor and her 3 still be useful w/ range. The issue is even with adaptation and TWO arcane guardians she still dies to level 80s (not even triple digit enemies) within 2-3 shots. Give her some DR and she'd be good to go.

Then like I said before, DE would have wiggle room now to make her 4 something completely different, it's clunky and doesn't match the rest of her kit very kill. Those that like it can keep it with her augment.  

Edit: Just remembered, I'd also remake her 1, it would be a drain buff that would increase damage of ALL MC'd enemies (with her 3) by 500%.  So if you want them to kill things you have that as an option.