Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Fragility.

Loser

About the only game type my Carrier is able to survive is Derelict Defense, where I stay on the pillar with ogris and never contact enemy. Somehow it turns out every contact is a doom for Carrier.

And yes, I potatoed it, and gave it all resilience mods there is, all leveled to at least 6. And a maxed Regen too.

What am I doing wrong?

Please spare me the Spare Parts joke.

Well, he's a fragile mofo. that's for sure.

I've maxed out the shield mod just for him as well as shield recharge. He isn't maxed out yet so I don't have room for vitality yet.

Don't use armor mods as those appear to be useless on sentinels atm.

Atm, mine doesn't really die anymore. The only deaths he suffers come at the hands of flamethrowers.

Flamethrowers scare me.

Edited by Stinker

It's the Grineer.

You're not doing anything wrong I think. I've run missions on phobos (or any mission with lots of enemy gunfire) and testing between my Carrier and my Dethcube. The Dethcube seems to hold up much better using the same exact mod configuration for both. I have Rank 8 vitality and redirection and maxed fast deflection on mine.

Edited by sushidubya

It's the Grineer.

You're not doing anything wrong I think. I've run missions on phobos (or any mission with lots of enemy gunfire) and testing between my Carrier and my Dethcube. The Dethcube seems to hold up much better using the same exact mod configuration for both. I have Rank 8 vitality and redirection and maxed fast deflection on mine.

That's because Dethcube has around 250 to 350 hp while Carrier has 35, yeah that's not a typo (well perhaps on DE's end), 35 hp. Also Sentinals have 0 armour so armour mods are useless.

Edited by Dovahjim

That's because Dethcube has around 250 to 350 hp while Carrier has 35, yeah that's not a typo (well perhaps on DE's end), 35 hp. Also Sentinals have 0 armour so armour mods are useless.

Well I'm not using the armor mods on mine since the U10 UI shows 0 base armor.

I don't see 35HP on the carrier.

Carrier:

2013-09-23_00001.jpg

Dethcube:

2013-09-23_00002.jpg

(sorry for the low res grabs it's off a client installed on my work laptop.)

Same resilience mods on both. I think their HP is the same, but it just seems Carrier is dying faster.

Edited by sushidubya

I'm using armor mods just because there is room left for it on potatoed carrier. And pretty much nothing else to stick there anyway. Except Spare Parts ofc.

He almost instantly dies to toxic ancients, disruptors and healers can get him too though, and I presume suicide runners can do that too.

He never survived a single golem fight.

Flamethrowers just insta-toast it, nothing to add.

Did not notice how corpus kills it, but it sure does.

No such thing ever happened to a dethcube or shade before, so something is obviously different.

You need to draw aggro yourself so the sentinel doesn't take the hits. Rhino's IS is great for this, but even simply hosing down enemies will do.

Funny part is, I'm using Rhino with Iron skin, and it still goes poof in... generally every mission with more than 150 enemies.