Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who has a Drift Frame ?

Lutesque

So whats Drift Frame ? 

You get the idea... its like Fight Club (yes... i didn't actually watch Fight Club) with Warframes... 

I personally don't take part in the Activity itself but the builds are useful for Regular content....

For my Full Parkour Needs im rolling With Mirage For Now... just because shes easier to manage then Nova (Teleporting can be abit Finicky due to Gravity, Momentum and the Lack of Jump Reseting, also Energy).... other than Vitality I have nothing but Bullet Jump and Sprint Speed Mods on My Build... basically nothing on this build helps with Mission objectives... its literally just for the sake of Moving around faster.... Doesn't Require Energy.... survivability is poor... I died when I got ambushes by some Zealots...

And then for partial Parkour I have Nezha.... is good because building around his passive doesn't use up all my Slots like it does on Mirage... so I have a few Slots left over for mission Effectiveness... Nezha is cool because he's self sustaining with Reaping Chakrahm.... which I can make fit... just....

Maybe one day il graduate to Nova... just need to Git Gud first...

So.... does anyone else have a Dedicated Parkour Frame ?

• Like 1

Ever since they changed the wall-running part to the "bunny hop" on walls (wich I liked) I tend to just use walls as my "floor of choice" to keep moving so... Kinda ditched my drift mods for better control, but that's me being weird as usual. :3

1 hour ago, AndouRaiton said:

I don't have a dedicated parkour frame; i don't need one. I normally play nezha these days and in the past i used to play inaros. It doesn't really matter which frame you pick as OP mode is fast enough for majority of content, even in the plains.

I actually have very Bad Control of my Operator.... its definitely the fastest way to get around but the threat of Getting Stuck on Geometry is all to real...

1 hour ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I play on Nintendo Switch and it's my Joycons that do the drifting. Does that count?

I don't see why it wouldn't... Nintendo For The Win 😉 !!!

1 hour ago, Ahniar said:

Ever since they changed the wall-running part to the "bunny hop" on walls (wich I liked) I tend to just use walls as my "floor of choice" to keep moving so... Kinda ditched my drift mods for better control, but that's me being weird as usual. :3

mirage is actually pretty good at bouncing off Walls.... if the ceilingd on most tiles is high enough I might put Proton Pulse back in my Build...

In certain parts of the void it is possible to cover a considerable amount of distance without touching The floor...

Im still Salty About that nerf though....

• Like 1

Glass cannon Nova with the wormhole augment is by far the fastest way to move around in the game (most of the speed record are with Nova) but it does take a bit of practice to get used to in order to not slow down and also to not get hit. Energy management? That's what energy pads are for.

Nyx with a Menticide arcane helmet is also quite nice but there are dozens of ways, I've seen slash dash Excals, Firewalking Nezhas, Loki has a very high base sprint speed, Rhino with the Vanguard arcane helmet is very fast, Saryn using molt, Volt max power strength of course, there are heaps of ways. And nowadays you can just operator dash through the entire level without slowing down.

Edited by Zilchy

3 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I play on Nintendo Switch and it's my Joycons that do the drifting. Does that count?

...As a Switch owner this hits WAY too close to home, thank the stars above that Ninty is now offering free Repairs on them.

I don't know if this counts, but I've recently started using Wukong for all my run-fast mission types (capture, rescue, sabotage, some spy tilesets). Max duration, Natural Talent and Streamline. As a bonus, I also include the Enveloping Cloud augment to keep the rescue target invisible all the way to extraction.

Wisp is my parkour warframe of choice lately.. She hovers around great and her passive kinda encourages you to be jumping all over. Plus you get some insane 45 second plus speed boosts when you build for strength. I find myself doing all kinds of parkour with her and zooming through stuff. Her ability to teleport is pretty nifty to for getting around if your doing a more stationary mission and just zooming around set locations. Can also send your decoy one way when your slaying, then teleport to it and continue the massacre.Or use it  to scale walls and get to hard to climb spots pretty good. 

That said, A speed wisp and a  speed volt are almost to much to control properly.. Go so fast that sometimes a simple doorway can become a challenge to get into. It goes from being fun parkour to being a game of Tenno pinball. Seen lots of Tenno go flying right past extraction point into oblivion., haha 🥴

Edited by bananacat89
spelling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AKTKWNG said:

I don't know if this counts, but I've recently started using Wukong for all my run-fast mission types (capture, rescue, sabotage, some spy tilesets). Max duration, Natural Talent and Streamline. As a bonus, I also include the Enveloping Cloud augment to keep the rescue target invisible all the way to extraction.

It does.... 

It also doesn't cost alot of Energy or Mod Slots....

I eould do it too if I gad my Wukong Levelled.

2 hours ago, Frennick said:

Worst part is that the movie portraits just running and bulletjumping, but no midair rolling?
When you combined all that, it's really very little all the rest have in terms of speed.

But hey, whatever floats your boat :P

You need to increase your Roll Speed for that to have a Significant Impact.... also theres a trade off.... you tend to Plummet when you roll.... so theres that....

18 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Just wait till Gauss, it'll be drift frame 100% of the time.

Not really.... 

It depends on how his Speed Works.... how much energy it uses. How practical it is to Control...

Atleast for thats the case....because I play on Controller I won't be able to use the hold function unless they they set it up to function like Garuda's 1 (Citation Needed) & 4 (pretty sure this is the one).... Both buttons need to be pressed to activate the Ability but only the Shoulder button needs to be Held to Keep the Ability Active... leaving my thumb free to steer....

44 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You need to increase your Roll Speed for that to have a Significant Impact.... also theres a trade off.... you tend to Plummet when you roll.... so theres that....

No you don't, because you use "Crouch" before landing, causing you to slide and then connect into a new bullet jump + roll. This can be done from ANY distance and height as long as you time it.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Not really.... 

It depends on how his Speed Works.... how much energy it uses. How practical it is to Control...

Atleast for thats the case....because I play on Controller I won't be able to use the hold function unless they they set it up to function like Garuda's 1 (Citation Needed) & 4 (pretty sure this is the one).... Both buttons need to be pressed to activate the Ability but only the Shoulder button needs to be Held to Keep the Ability Active... leaving my thumb free to steer....

who needs control when you can have more speed 😛

4 hours ago, Frennick said:

No you don't, because you use "Crouch" before landing, causing you to slide and then connect into a new bullet jump + roll. This can be done from ANY distance and height as long as you time it.

Wait.... what.... you mean using the Roll to Land not to extend your Leaps ? 

1 hour ago, Unagi604 said:

Didn't watch the video, but any mention of Arcane Vanguard on rhino?

There was.... all The Relevant Arcane Helmets were mentioned.