Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Levels

Dopey

Question

A question that has been bothering me for quite some time

If I purchase a viper for example, And then I decide to level that viper to 30, And I decide to buy another viper for example, Will that other viper be level 30 aswell?

The Viper is just an example

6 answers to this question

So that mean I can basically level up the weapon as many times as I want(selling it and re-making it) over and over and my mastery rank will go higher and higher?

No. You only gain mastery points the first time around. Two examples:

- Level a weapon to 30 -> won't get any mastery points if you sell it and level another one, or if you forma it and re-level it.

- Level a weapon to 20 and sell it -> if you buy another, you won't get any mastery points until you reach 20 again.

Edited by CitizenV

So that mean I can basically level up the weapon as many times as I want(selling it and re-making it) over and over and my mastery rank will go higher and higher?

Nope. Levelling a weapon only gives you the affinity once.

As an example, say you get a level 20 Viper, and you craft another one that's unranked.

You got the affinity from the first Viper's levels, but the new Viper won't net you any affinity until it reaches level 21.

No. You only gain mastery points the first time around. Two examples:

- Level a weapon to 30 -> won't get any mastery points if you sell it and level another one, or if you forma it and re-level it.

- Level a weapon to 20 and sell it -> if you buy another, you won't get any mastery points until you reach 20 again.

So I only get mastery rank for the first 30 levels of any weapon?