Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors should be excluded from Arbitrations, and here's why

JC75

I understand it's hard to make Arbitrations into a perfect gamemode as they're meant to cater for a rather specific audience, and an audience who are rather specific of what they like. There's plenty of ideas from plenty of players, many of which would require deep thought about balancing of many factors. However, i have a suggestion that would improve Arbitrations significantly, and it would be no more than a flip of a switch.

Remove Dark Sector missions from the Arbitration pool.

Now this is quite predictably coming from the fact that all Dark Sectors have Infested as the enemy, and not many players like to fight against them. But even if they were a more engaging faction to fight, there's still a very objective fact as to why DS missions should be excluded:lSWd8ly.png

As this spreadsheet shows, Infested missions are dominating the Arbitration mission pool, encompassing a ridiculous 44% of all Arbitration-eligible missions. This makes it an almost overwhelming chance that any given Arbitration will be on an Infested mission, and i am writing this after having 3 Arbitrations in a row appear on Dark Sectors. No matter how fun or not fun the Infested are to fight, this dulls the experience significantly.

Another problem visible from this spreadsheet is that many of the Infested missions take place on the most outdated tilesets, with a massive bias toward Grineer Asteroid and Galleon. In addition to being some of the weakest tilesets (only Corpus Ship i think is worse than either of those), the fact that Arbitrations are fixed in level means that two missions on the same tileset with the same enemies, are for all practical measures, the same mission. Which means that to further dilute the pool of possibly interesting Arbitration missions, up to 4 different rolls can all be Infested Survival on Grineer Galleon.

If Dark Sectors were to be culled from the pool, it would leave 11 Infested missions for Arbitrations, which would be a perfectly reasonable number, especially for the amount of representation Infested normally get in the game. And don't forget, there are only 5 Corrupted missions too. If you wanted slightly more than that, you could enable Derelict Defense and Survival for Arbitrations; after all, we have to complete those missions to unlock Arbitrations in the first place.

And before anyone brings it up, obviously in a perfect world we wouldn't have boring factions nor tilesets, but i'm purposefully highlighting that culling Dark Sectors would be nothing more than a singular line of code that would significantly improve the Arbitration experience, and a perfectly reasonable change at that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JC75 said:

Now this is quite predictably coming from the fact that all Dark Sectors have Infested as the enemy, and not many players like to fight against them

Infested are my favorite to fight in arbitrations though? No stupidly a sling armor meaning that you need at least 3 people running corrosive projection and coaction drift if you plan to go for a long time. No effing nullufiers

• Like 5

On 2019-08-14 at 9:51 PM, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

Infested are my favorite to fight in arbitrations though? No stupidly a sling armor meaning that you need at least 3 people running corrosive projection and coaction drift if you plan to go for a long time. No effing nullufiers

You're entitled to your opinion but i predict you're pretty alone with it. And personally i'd stomach armor over 3 different units all with grapple hooks, especially ancient healers. Not to mention the occassional getting oneshot by toxic ancients.

And once again, no matter if you like infested or don't like them, there's no reason we should fight them in almost half of all arbitration-eligible missions.

On 2019-08-16 at 11:33 AM, JC75 said:

You're entitled to your opinion but i predict you're pretty alone with it. And personally i'd stomach armor over 3 different units all with grapple hooks, especially ancient healers. Not to mention the occassional getting oneshot by toxic ancients.

And once again, no matter if you like infested or don't like them, there's no reason we should fight them in almost half of all arbitration-eligible missions.

Oh trust me he's not alone. I'd rather fight against 3 different hookers than deal with the broken armor scaling, nullifier bubbles or one-shot snipes from across the room while I'm flying around the room.

Edited by TheRealShade
  • Like 1

Guys, guys. They are entitled to their opinions. I know when I was low level I preferred grineer because their armor was like paper. I didn't like infested much because I didn't have a good way of dealing with poison, and I didn't like corpus because of their stupid shield ospreys. But now that I am firmly endgame, I can kill pretty much any infested with two passes with my operator. The same cannot be said for the other factions unless there is specific aura set ups. 

Now, unless one of us gets on the discord and can check to see what people signed up to be pinged for, we can't really refute their claims, but neither can they refute ours. 

However, instead of gnawing the details of what each of us thinks which arbitration is preferable how about we actually discuss my suggestion, which they completely ignored to derail the thread: 

Speeding up the clock in arbitration survival for keeping your life support up. 

Edited by (PS4)NemitheNem
Elaborating

On 2019-08-20 at 7:30 PM, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

But now that I am firmly endgame, I can kill pretty much any infested with two passes with my operator. The same cannot be said for the other factions unless there is specific aura set ups.

I understand that for some people the definition of fun is pressing one button to kill everything and i'll let them have that, but i would reconsider if that's how a mode which the game purports as the endgame of endgame contents that's supposed to end more from players dying than from extraction, should be like.

On 2019-08-20 at 7:30 PM, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

However, instead of gnawing the details of what each of us thinks which arbitration is preferable how about we actually discuss my suggestion, which they completely ignored to derail the thread: 

Speeding up the clock in arbitration survival for keeping your life support up. 

putting aside that i didn't see you suggesting this anywhere earlier, while i do agree that 10 minute rotations are too slow, that'd completely force you to use extra loot frames even more than survival arbitrations already do.

15 hours ago, JC75 said:

putting aside that i didn't see you suggesting this anywhere earlier, while i do agree that 10 minute rotations are too slow, that'd completely force you to use extra loot frames even more than survival arbitrations already do.

Uh, dude, I'm the OP. You're saying that you didn't read the OP. 

On 2019-08-22 at 3:48 PM, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

Uh, dude, I'm the OP. You're saying that you didn't read the OP. 

I'm saying that i read your only other post in this thread and all it said was "i like fighting infested." Unless there's been edited or deleted posts in between, i have no idea what half of that post of yours was even referencing (who said anything about discord?) and i'm guessing that you accidentally posted in the wrong thread.