Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best MOA combos?

(NSW)Kaizer

Question

I'm looking to make a good MOA since I have built nearly everything in Fortuna. I've never done anything with the MOA I see there are 3 models but I'm not sure what is good regarding the parts that go with them. I'm Old Mate in Fortuna so I have no restrictions on access to parts.

Edited by (NSW)Kaizer

15 answers to this question

Just now, Lutesque said:

Supposedly they are all very Similar...

In any case what you can is build all of them for MR  (only the heads give MR) and to aquire their Precepts.... once Gilded All The MoA Precepts will be compatible with Any MoA model...

That part I did read into, I was more about parts and the stats to go with the heads.

There's no MOA combo. Actually the stats given by each part are just for fun. Even with highest health, at high level missions they will just be slapped hard.

Just consider all of those parts are "fashion MOA". Make the most beautiful or stupid MOA and you're gud.

• Like 2

Don't bother until they boost them. I have tried a few combinations, but whatever stats you decide to chose (Health, Shield, Armor, Health+Armor, Shield+Armor, Health+Shield) will create a useless Moa who'll get rekt by literally everything and everyone in this game. Not even sure they can survive on Earth.

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Don't bother until they boost them. I have tried a few combinations, but whatever stats you decide to chose (Health, Shield, Armor, Health+Armor, Shield+Armor, Health+Shield) will create a useless Moa who'll get rekt by literally everything and everyone in this game. Not even sure they can survive on Earth.

They can definitely survive earth... but helps when you have Link Shields or Link Health going and if you get the packleader on there for healing.   Basically, needs to be treated more like a Kubrow than anything else.   Are they great?  No.   But levelling up a second one anyway.   The Tazicor electricity gun is fun once you convert it to radiation and rank up the multi-shots… soon with punch-through.  Hillarious, if not especially effective.  🙂   Keeps enemies busy.

Precepts are interchangeable without gilding.  There seems to be a TypeA and TypeB precept and you can have one of each.

Edited by Krenlik

Really all of the parts are just for fashion, except the part which determines what additional polarity will be added. I'd pick Naramon for Primed Animal Instinct.

Though, if you are perfectionist, then choose those parts which give your Moa highest armor, then health and minimum shields:

Armor > Health > Shields.

As for precepts, Security Override and Statis Field are the best, IMO.

Pick your favorite headpiece and match the other three parts according to taste (ignore the stats).  Make the other two heads with the cheapest/available parts for the remaining slots.

Level them all up, gild, level again and trade the two burners in for standing.  You have one MOA you like with all 6 MOA precepts.

Edited by (NSW)Linntheque

The differences are really not significant (other than head choice for precepts) 

The one that gives highest health, moderate armor and low shields would be the preffered choice for most survivability, 

But the difference again is too tiny to notice where it would matter. 

2 hours ago, Krenlik said:

They can definitely survive earth... but helps when you have Link Shields or Link Health going and if you get the packleader on there for healing.   Basically, needs to be treated more like a Kubrow than anything else.   Are they great?  No.   But levelling up a second one anyway.   The Tazicor electricity gun is fun once you convert it to radiation and rank up the multi-shots… soon with punch-through.  Hillarious, if not especially effective.  🙂   Keeps enemies busy.

I don't know, Kavats seem definitely 300% more tanky than Moas. It was an excruciating pain to level them as they had to be revived every two minutes, while my Kavat can tank for a while before dying.

Just now, Chewarette said:

I don't know, Kavats seem definitely 300% more tanky than Moas. It was an excruciating pain to level them as they had to be revived every two minutes, while my Kavat can tank for a while before dying.

To be fair... both Kavats have ways of negating Damage.... one goes invisible the other Reflects Damage back....

Doesn't really make them Tanky....

They just lucky most of the time.

People seem to like the defense Oloro Moa option, Alcrom core, Trux gyro (can pick what u like visually) and Tian bracket for extra polarity.  I built this one, it has pretty good survivability up to reasonable content, but I use maxed link mods with tanky frames.  The hacking mod doesnt seem to work well.  I prob would have built an offensive moa (Para) knowing what I know now just for fun.  The Sentinal weapon Cryotra in Fortuna also seems to be liked for its freezing affect, building it now.   Its fun and a little different and it fills that companion spot in ur ship so yeah.  Enjoy.  

I took it on a Sotie a few nights ago with Ivara to test the hacking mod, got into the tall vault with the opening in the ceiling.  Dropped down and waited a second.  Expected to see the Moa teleport into the vault.  Instead its just looking at me on the other side of the glass window.  HAHA, it made me laugh so hard, anyway it never entered the vault so I have no interest in ever using it again for that purpose.  

Edited by hendrix923

The statistical properties offered by the parties are not significant enough to make any difference. With that, there are only two considerations: Precepts (skills) and aesthetics.

Without going into aesthetic considerations, the best of the 3 MOAs is: Lambeo.

The skills of the other two models are, (as [DE] we are already accustomed) so inconsistent and so poorly implemented that it is not worth using in any situation where they should be necessary.

Source: I have all 3.

Edited by Awazx

i heard they buffed moas as of 2023 and are lowky better then beast companions but all i can say is personally its between lambeo and bhaira lambeo is genuinely better overrall cause of its use and  versatility the stasis field slows projectiles 90% and damage is taken 60% on you  its a win win but bhaira is for those PESKY beefy eximus bhaira basically nullifys them thats all but i've yet to try it all of this is just on the wiki so idk how effective it is in game that is if your companion can survive at all no sense in having the companion abilitys if its dead thats all im saying so choose your risk 

6 hours ago, 2kiler123forme123 said:

i heard they buffed moas as of 2023 and are lowky better then beast companions but all i can say is personally its between lambeo and bhaira lambeo is genuinely better overrall cause of its use and  versatility the stasis field slows projectiles 90% and damage is taken 60% on you  its a win win but bhaira is for those PESKY beefy eximus bhaira basically nullifys them thats all but i've yet to try it all of this is just on the wiki so idk how effective it is in game that is if your companion can survive at all no sense in having the companion abilitys if its dead thats all im saying so choose your risk 

Does 2019 not mean anything to you, necromancer?

pixel art skeleton GIF