Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #130!

[DE]Rebecca

This has been on my mind off and on for years now, but Duviri Paradox brought it to the fore again, so I have to ask: it seems to me that the song "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" by Blue Oyster Cult could almost be Warframe's unofficial theme song. Was it an influence at all, or is this just coincidence?

Big fan of the game, had some questions for Dojo related content.

1. Will we see more architectural items added to existing tabs? There are a lot of pieces found on corpus, grineeer and orokin tilesets that would do wonders for our dojo creations. I’m thinking about the corner pieces for angled staircases, more grineee gear like structures, corpus items from the new tilesets.

2. Will items +/- range ever be expanded? There are several pieces that cannot shrink from their spawned stare and even that one grineer piece that trying to change it size converts it to a massive size that cannot return to its original size without spawning a new one. Grineer pipes are a great example of a piece that would be nice to reduce smaller to attach them to other pieces that can be shrunk further and also to look more realistic. There are orokin pieces that it would be nice to make bigger too.

3. There are some weird bugs with moving pieces, for example when you move some pieces upside down they fall out of the fixed grid if you have those settings on. Every time I select a piece like that upside down it jerks left or right and I cannot line things up without taking off fixed grid and it takes longer to sit there on xbox lining it up.

4. Remove the barriers for us moving objects. There’s no real reason to stop ya from blocking things like room consoles or trade stations, and it limits how we immerse our decorations in rooms. Give us the option to move things in/out of any object to expand our potential please.

4. Capacity is always an issue for us who like detailed projects. Big robots are cool, but I prefer the details and making everything right but this takes a lot of pieces and i runout of capacity on passion projects constantly. Is there a way we could spend platinum to expand a rooms capacity like we do for slots? 1400 isn’t even enough when you start costing a room in fire pits. With the cool effects having such a steep cost, we burn through it quickly. I’ve always wanted to do a tribute to bowser in a room with fire covering the floor but atm I can’t cover more than a corner before capacity is capped.

Love the game though, keep up the great storylines and sharing the love! Just got my Prestige pack for the cassowar last night and loving the set!

3 hours ago, (XB1)lEtherealVoidl said:

Will we ever get the opportunity to build more than one forma, potato etc. at a time or at least lower the build time to 12h instead? The time gating is getting a bit tedious.

I'd love for the foundry to let us queue up multiples in general.  So refining gems, ciphers, or anything really, we could queue up 5, 25, or all of them you can afford.  I'm fine with them still building sequentially, one after another.

When are ship upgrades coming as well as the railjack docks as well as gauss and grendels release and when do we expect the duviri paradox and are we ever gonna get excalibur prime in relics since you de stated past prime frames and works? it would be nice if de put excalibur prime in the relics since the normal excalibur is farmed on mars would be nice if excalibur prime was farmed in the mars relics related to the original beginner excalibur? Also would be nice if there was a genderbender option for frames that could be male or female and will the stalkers get nightwave in the next episodes even if the stalkers will be next to get a nightwave if so please implement it into the game...

When will you guys hit the nuke button on arsenal slots (warframes, guns, robotics) or make them more feasible to obtain without requiring the player to use premium currency or wait on a single slot per month or so for them? You guys nuked revives a while back, not sure how this ugly thing still rears its ugly head to deter new players, and still pesters older users to this day. This game is a looter shooter at its core, and throwing a paywall on that concept seems a bit... anti-user?

- Challenging endgame content is a bit lacking. Sorties are laughable. Kuvas/nightmares are easy. Make their reward chances and difficulty scale based on level and number of forma of the squad.

- Content in general that scales higher quicker based on squad gear would be nice.

- Definitely some frames that need some attention. (Vauban, Atlas, and Mirage for starters)

- Addressing current metas would be nice.

- Boosting unpopular rivens would be nice.

- Making some zones other than Hydron and Helene popular would be nice.

- Still haven't received my Nekros Prime.

Yo, I wasn't going to say anything, but saw a few others making some statements I agree with, at least on some level.

•Would love to see the ability to switch between melee and guns more reliably. The current system is decent, sure, but I really don't like the decrease in visibility - particularly of my own feet - when trying to glide. Would be nice if there were either a method of zooming the camera outwards, at least so we have a bit more awareness, to those who choose to make use of it; rather than request an ability to toggle melee more substantially than things can be today. Obviously not a high concern, just more a background nuisance.

•Would be nice if we could get that water themed equinox skin. Been using her as a main, ever since I bought the first form, back whenever I joined. (More than three years ago, I believe) Every time I bullet jump with her, especially the prime, the tails of her coat/dress/jacket remind me of a squid, or octopus. I would love to see this theme brought to fruition.

•Really would appreciate it if the mobile app could get some serious love. There's a ton of S#&$ I can't do over the phone, like purchase DNA Stabilizers from the market, or read about mission types, or lore. I don't know how many spend much time on these within game, but would certainly be more economical to allow us access to the majority of "consoles" within our orbiter. Guarantee you'd see plat sales on the go.

•More """"diverse"""" skins, for instance, why make a frame based on body type, and trying to be inclusive towards your audience, when you could actually just make bombastic skins? Much less data, much less time coding, and you don't risk breaking the game, having to add something to appease. Just a thought. Most people who play equinox do so in day form, because they think it represents gender. Okay, give them a skin for those who think the forms are based on gender. The idea being maybe they'd actually use both forms for once. Just a thought. (Might also mean people like me buy more frames, rather than refuse to use certain ones, regardless how good their kit is.)

looking at you, Hildryn.

•There's not a single laser sword, or solid steel, more classic style greatsword. Yet the berserk-like nature of melee almost demands it, no? Would love to see a large sword which feels more like a beveled enourmous slab, rather than a delicately carved, and/or laser augmented weapon, which somehow doesn't melt itself with its own heat. Just give me a claymore, like what's on the back of the dual-sword syandana.

•Syndicates need some love, some opportunity to show real "devotion." I'll just say that the Maggor set doesn't properly satisfy the need for more grineer-like designs for your frame, and what with the position, the lasers of the maggor set extend out of your armpit instead of off the armor itself. Doesn't mesh well with most frames, so, here's my thought. Slightly modify, or steal patterns off actual grineer, and give them to the steel meridian. Take this as a hypothetical, by all means. 

•Custom sentinels, maybe? Myself, I'm very much a fan of Diriga's design, and have avoided use of almost all the other sentinels, simply on basis of the look alone. Although I know the forma count is part of it. Would be really nice to get a new sentinel, maybe one you could make from a large variety of slowly updated parts. Could even put this in the robot shop in fortuna. What jives me, is the look of a back-alley scrap bot, something you might see in futurist China. I'd quite enjoy sticking more air sacks and tangling tuns together, and making something a bit more focused on assisting me on missions, rather than building to one-shot level 150's that have already been asleep for half a minute.

Finally, some much more ridiculous ideas:

•Another Umbral frame. This doesn't need a storyline in my opinion. Just another umbra would be really nice. The immediate assumption is that Umbral frames would be released in the same order as everything else, Excal, Loki, Mag, Volt. Frankly, I don't see anyone wanting another mag, or another Volt, as both already do well on their own, and wouldn't actually benefit much, standing there shooting instead of spamming abilities. My first thought is Equinox or Nidus. Decently popular frames, so you know they wouldn't be a waste. On top of this, both frames have reason for why umbra would be a good choice for them. Equinox is more obvious, so I'll just say that Nidus already generates life from abilities, there's no real telling he isn't capable of acting on his own already. We know why umbra got the new form, it would just be very interesting to see a reproduction to another frame, with the AI takeover while you're in operator form.

•We have no real "berserker" style frame. We have speed, we have damage, but in terms of an almost knight-like melee frame, the best we have right now is gara. Capable of getting close at almost any level, and eradicating the enemy quickly. However, that's not what gara was meant to do, was it.

personally I think there's a lot of profit behind a rather large thick frame, which has a sort of Vash the Stampede arm cannon in the left arm, and uses a greatsword as a signature weapon. Third ability could stack over time, and when used fires a compressed cannon blast to do significant damage to a number of targets in the way of the blast. Fourth ability could function more like a reverse chroma, where armor and shield increase rather a lot upon use, and you gain a sort of thick armor, and this would also increase melee potential.

excuse the ramble, essentially this is a "totally not anime" ripoff idea of Guts, which really just tickles the atmosphere of what I'd like as a future frame. We've had a lot of good designs, but I imagine the idea of a frame specifically to use massive swords at high potential, to be a pretty profitable idea. There's wacktons of anime fans in the community, and the idea of a sentient frame was rather appealing to me. Didn't play out in the same feel I expected. So, what about if this hypothetical frame came about during the New War, or later? Stalker is a sentient augmented frame on the enemy side. Would be interesting if we Tenno managed a frame of similarity, but isn't an Excalibur. I imagine it would fit pretty well within the game. At least as well as hildryn fits on any normal map.

5 hours ago, kxZyle said:

Hi there o/

1. Currently, the affinity system encourages leeching when leveling weapons—only 50% of gained affinity goes to the weapon on your own kills vs. 75% on allied kills. To combat this, would it be possible to make affinity skip fully leveled and unlensed gear, and only go to unleveled and lensed gear? 

2. Will the Kuva Lich system in Empyrean change the Kuva economy in any way? If so, how? Are there any other changes planned for Riven rerolling costs, Kuva drop rates, or plans for more Kuva-giving missions?

3. Do you have any updates on the removal of Pet Stasis and the two new Kavat species?

4. Will you ever raise other auras' capacity bonus to 18 to match Steel Charge?

5. What's your opinion about adding a third special Warframe slot for Augments?

6. Could we have custom zoom levels on the open-world minimap? With the default setting, it's almost impossible to tell what's around you when outside.

7. Are you adding more constant-effect, aura-like Ephemera like Smoking Body or Corprosant Prime? Will you be putting any Ephemera on the Market?

corposant prime ephemera is a prime exclusive that u can buy on market if its made available to get without real money then we all want a refund 

Can you please allow Prime weapons to use the non-prime skins? Not a huge deal, but users of a few oddly different Prime's (Silva and Aegis, etc) would enjoy it a lot. Should be easy.

And can we turn off certain prime features on the default skins? Oberon Prime is stuck with his prime shoulder pads and cannot get back his classic look. This matters to me because classic broberon could look friggin awesome as a being of nature's wrath, and, the prime shoulders ruin it.

Edit: can you add cooler effects for Zenith? IMO, secondary fire should look like a railgun, etc.

Hello i have some questions:

1. Currently it feels like some frames and weapons are so popular compared to other ones, but also that feels in the power of the frames and weapons, is there any major re-balance updates coming?

2. Riven mods are an awesome idea, but trying to sell/trade them to others are very painful and unenjoyable. Are there any plans to make some kind of auction house in game were a player can put 1-3 riven mods for sale and everyone can see and buy it without the need to spam the trade chat?

3. Mixed mission types for example like this: Spy objective > sabotage objective > hijack > defend for 5-10 waves (while waiting for the transport ship to arive) > archwing exterminate (to clear the path for the transport) > boss fight when the transport lands > reward screen. Would be nice to have one long mission with some real END GAME rewards after it, Any plans?

Archived