Ezkatana

DE took my plat and gave nothing back

Question

Has anyone else got a message about suspicious trading and your plats were taken. Even though all your plats were aqcuired legally. I asked a clanmate about this and they said its probably because they guy i traded with got plats ilegally or stolen plats. So i wrote a complain to warframe  and after 15 days they told me to go to support or here. This is what they said "In the meantime, we would recommend to have a look at the [Help Center](https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us) and the [Warframe Forums](https://forums.warframe.com/)".

• Haha 1

6 answers to this question

just because YOU aquired the plat legally does not mean the person you got the plat from aquired it legally. it's very unfortunate, but this is something where DE pretty much needs a zero tolerance policy to prevent "plat laundering"

Posted (edited)

You’ll want to submit a support ticket for actual assistance with your issue. I imagine they pointed you towards the forums so you could read up or learn more about the issue and its potential causes but no one here has the capability to get your platinum back.

And yes, if you’ve obtained illegitimate platinum though any means, it can be removed from your account at any time. There isn’t really any way to tell if the trade is “bad” other then potential warning signs like low MR player offering suspiciously high amounts of platinum. My rule of thumb is “if it’s too good to be true, it probably is”. 

Edited by FrostPrime

If you sent a message to the support, one word: " patience ".
They are overworking already, be patient.

If the plats were indeed corrupted-plats, then " repent for the wrongs of others ".
Go back to void fissures & farm the missing plats.
DE must not allow people to get "something back" as it will only encourage bad-practicing, with low to no-consequences for illegal actions.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

To fully explain you issue, it works like this:

person 1 gets illegal plat intentionally. They then trade it to person 2, who trades it to person 3 and to you (person 4). Persons 2-4 obtained illegal plat by legal means. When the system notices that person 1 got illegal plat it tracks where that plat went it finds it in the accounts of persons 2-4. It then removes this plat from their balances. If they are left with a positive balance (e.g 10 plat left in their account) then de will send them a message to tell them where their plat went. If they are left with a negative balance (e.g -10 plat in their account) then they will be soft-banned by de until their balance is made positive again. Sadly de probably won’t give your plat back because that encourages people to get plat illegally.

Edited by Countryartist65

Your clan mate is right, if you have recently traded plat it may be gone if it was bad plat - raise a support ticket and you may get something, or not  -but you should get closure.

if you purchased it from Warframe officially and havent traded anything  , check with your bank if they stopped the purchase for some reason.

The forums are unable to assist with account issues, suspensions and bans.

You need to work with support to sort this out.

"If you have purchased Platinum through an unofficial 3rd party site or from another player there’s a good chance the Platinum was not legitimately obtained (for example, it might have been stolen from another player’s account, or it might have been purchased using fraudulent credit card information). Should an investigation find that you received Platinum from one of these fraudulent sources, it can and will be removed from your account. Please contact Warframe Support and we will be happy to work with you to resolve the issue and get you back into the game as soon as possible."

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010426932-Negative-Platinum-Balance-Help