Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is warframe's support that bad and misguided?

CalmClouds

I've read quite a few horror stories about how the support team harms the game's players rather then help them. People are saying that they'll ban you without reason or at the very least without giving you a reason, which might not even be a good reason for a ban to begin with. Apparently, even using these forums is risky, since there's always the chance the the seemingly mad support team might misfire your way.

There are quite a lot of posts saying very similar things on the internet, and that got me curious. Creating this post should land me in some warframe watchlist or naughty list, according to what these posts are claiming. The key word is "should" because apparently the support team is also incredibly slow at taking action... which would ultimately be a good thing, considering that they have such a record of banning people for bad reasons. If that's to be believed, then it will take at least a month before anybody even notices this post. That is, assuming that the support team will even take the time to read anything past the title before acting. 😛

So, jokes aside, is the support really the boogeyman that people make it out to be? Assuming that you still have access to the forums, do any support survivors/victims have any horror stories to share with the rest of us? I'm very curious~

PS. please don't ban me, I'm joking

• Like 5

Where the heck did you read that, the Fallout 76 forums? XD

No, the only thing wrong with support is that they are understaffed, and so it takes a while for them to answer to tickets. Everything else you just said there is some wild fantasies so far removed from reality, they could be turned into a best-selling saga that will be remembered forever alongside The Lord of the Rings.

Signed, someone who actively tries to see how far he can push the rules before warnings start coming (and so far I have 0, after lots and lots of deleted posts).

Edited by Gabbynaru
  • Like 4

Um, so the people Ive seen claim they were banned in my opinion have been banned for legit reasons.  Like using another term for the N word, making rude comments, etc.  If ur a pleasant person and act accordingly u can enjoy the game and everything it offers without any trouble from anyone.  Its people who completely cross the line who get banned (or make obvious veiled comments), and then are shocked and affronted that DE would ever do so.  Lots of people voice concerns about the game and the technical issues around it and do so without any penalty from DE.  

Edited by hendrix923
  • Like 1

The worst I've personally seen is forum posts mysteriously vanishing without a trace (including some of my bug reports ???) but that's on the forum moderators, not support. At their worst, support is just slow to get to things, not actively malicious.

42 minutes ago, CalmClouds said:

Apparently, even using these forums is risky, since there's always the chance the the seemingly mad support team might misfire your way.

Absolutely, what you don't realise is that every account that claims it's older than a year is entirely fabricated, as everyone gets banned at some point within a year by the tyrannical support team. 

These accounts provide the illusion that there are actually people around longer than a year, and you should pay them no heed.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Absolutely, what you don't realise is that every account that claims it's older than a year is entirely fabricated, as everyone gets banned at some point within a year by the tyrannical support team. 

These accounts provide the illusion that there are actually people around longer than a year, and you should pay them no heed.

The reason why there exists accounts older than a year is because the support team still hasn't gotten around to banning them yet 😛

Support doesn't hand out bans just because they want, nor will you find some "seemingly mad support team" here on the forum. Anything directed toward Support is, hopefully, for good reason. They follow guidelines similar to what we follow here - https://forums.warframe.com/guidelines/

They're not reckless and take everything into account. I'm not sure what you've seen on the net, probably someone mad that they were actually caught, but Warframe Support is nothing short of hardworking.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, -Himari- said:

Support doesn't hand out bans just because they want, nor will you find some "seemingly mad support team" here on the forum. Anything directed toward Support is, hopefully, for good reason. They follow guidelines similar to what we follow here - https://forums.warframe.com/guidelines/

They're not reckless and take everything into account. I'm not sure what you've seen on the net, probably someone mad that they were actually caught, but Warframe Support is nothing short of hardworking.

So you praise the support team eh? You know who does that? A SYNTH! 😛

But on a serious note, I'm glad that my impression of a boogeyman support team is being dispelled by all these people. I have invested too much of myself in this game, after all xD

• Like 1

I feel like its mixed ive personally had no issues with support and a friend of mine whos account got hacked and all his platinum stolen had his issues fixed in like 3 days so its probably support is just understaffed and people just cant be patient and create more tickets which just makes the wait longer

In my experience every game with an active support base ends up with these stories of people getting banned or punished for nothing.

In virtually every case, unless the owner/creator are known for not being the best of people, these stories are untrue. A lot of people that end up on the receiving end of these love to play innocent for internet pity points, are ignorant to the rules of the platform, or think their idea of rules being unjust is grounds to break them.

Edited by trst
  • Like 1

The best thing to do is not be an idiot anywhere online that can be linked or screen shotted to your account.  People *@##$ and moan about something but never give the facts, only their version of the story which of course is wrong.  

I had a big issue with how the kuva weekend went awhile ago when we got a booster.  I bought a booster so I should have been getting 4X kuva but if you were in your operator when the last braid was destroyed you would only get 2X for the mission.  DE admitted their problem yet did nothing to help me in the support ticket(did about 200,000 kuva, should have had at least 350,000.)  "We cant give you that much, we can give you 1000 kuva though"  

I put in a ticket for all the resources that went into my built archwing launchers that were made before Fortuna came out.  I even did the math for the 4 resources and support still told me to get stuffed even though those resources were literally just blown into the wind.  

So yes, they dealt with it according to protocol or whatever but its really stupid sometimes.

1 hour ago, hendrix923 said:

Um, so the people Ive seen claim they were banned in my opinion have been banned for legit reasons.  Like using another term for the N word, making rude comments, etc.  If ur a pleasant person and act accordingly u can enjoy the game and everything it offers without any trouble from anyone.  Its people who completely cross the line who get banned (or make obvious veiled comments), and then are shocked and affronted that DE would ever do so.  Lots of people voice concerns about the game and the technical issues around it and do so without any penalty from DE.  

If only I had a dollar for every time I saw a "i cant believe i got banned for saying *insert something dumb here* in region chat".

• Like 2

I'd personally rate Warframe support a solid 9/10. From my experience, they're as quick and efficient as possible, and the responses don't appear robotic.

As for Forum mods... no shade, but I feel like they only exist to close down threads and redirect players to Warframe support. I don't see them interact with the community much, this thread being an exception, then again, neither does DE. Again, this is from what I've seen. They're doing their jobs properly, but that's about it.

I have no love for Chat mods. Speaking from personal experience and events I've witnessed in Region chat, they can be extremely petty sometimes, and being unable to talk to a mods in-game after getting suspended seems like something that shouldn't be a thing, and is very unfair.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

(All the extreme off topic talk there gets awkward and sometimes even disgusting, which I can say because the game automatically opens region chat when I log in and I find myself glancing over it)

It's mostly bullS#&$. The rumors about region chat are mostly baseless or are just "events that happen for about 10 minutes before a majority of players involved get a chat ban and it all simmers down" but blown out of proportion.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I heard mysterious stuff about some mods there

As far as I know, they're fine for 90% of the time, but there are times where they are very petty, as I mentioned, and have a tendency to powertrip. Maybe it's just leftover behavior from the days where they were know for fully abusing their power. To use a somewhat crude analogy: their leashes are looser, but not by much.

Again, them and Region chat are fine 90% of the time, but that 10% is very memorable when it happens.