CalmClouds

Is warframe's support that bad and misguided?

5 hours ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

The best thing to do is not be an idiot anywhere online that can be linked or screen shotted to your account.  People *@##$ and moan about something but never give the facts, only their version of the story which of course is wrong.  

I had a big issue with how the kuva weekend went awhile ago when we got a booster.  I bought a booster so I should have been getting 4X kuva but if you were in your operator when the last braid was destroyed you would only get 2X for the mission.  DE admitted their problem yet did nothing to help me in the support ticket(did about 200,000 kuva, should have had at least 350,000.)  "We cant give you that much, we can give you 1000 kuva though"  

I put in a ticket for all the resources that went into my built archwing launchers that were made before Fortuna came out.  I even did the math for the 4 resources and support still told me to get stuffed even though those resources were literally just blown into the wind.  

So yes, they dealt with it according to protocol or whatever but its really stupid sometimes.

You for real? You got an infinite number of free uses for the archwing launcher. You want your "resources back". 

You ran into an issue with one very small part of the game, so you spent a whole weekend doing just that, hoping to get many times more of the resources than the task rewards, got hundreds of thousands of kuva, decided that you should have had hundreds of thousands more and are unhappy that they said "yeah, that's not going to happen"?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Scissorsmith said:

Yes, well, you're probably right, it's just that the threads I was following to find out if my concern about whether that story/those stories are fake or not have thus far disappeared. Things like that can spook a man, ya know?

It's possible those threads were merged into other threads as well. Merging threads do not alert players, and is often mistaken as removing/deleting a thread--if you posted in a thread that no longer exists as far as you can see, the first thing you should do is check your own post history to see if your post in said thread still exists in what may be a new thread.

Alternatively, if it was determined that the threads were spreading misinformation or violating forum rules, they may be removed instead of being locked; when we remove posts or threads for rule violations or spreading misinformation, we do not publicly announce such actions in order to better respect the posting user's privacy and avoid negatively impacting their reputation within the community...

After all, if we posted "User <insert user here>'s post/thread was removed for violating rule 1, 2 and 6" whenever we removed content, we would actually be violating our own "No naming & shaming" rule, as we'd be naming a user and shaming them by airing the colloquial dirty laundry.

If you have questions about specific threads, your best option is to send a private message to a moderator to inquire about the nature of a thread's removal.

• Upvote 2

I don't think we're allowed to talk about it anyway, but it does make me wonder. If the Guides had a role in issuing Support tickets, then your story becomes more credible, and the phrasing "you don't deserve to play warframe" reminds me of one of them.

Again, what's done is done. It's best we just leave it at that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the only bad thing about support imho - their response time is over 99999 days. Which is bullS#&amp;&#036; for a theme,where you need fast help. Its like calling ambulance and waiting for it for a week. Wtf? this shouldnt be a thing,lol. And DE isnt a smol indie company with no money so they cant hire more people. I dunno.

But no,i dont think support can do bad things to people with no reason. At least from my/friends experience. 

Their support is more than good, it's just the players that can't be patient and start flooding the support with so many tickets, slowing the global response speed

Unless you can handle 100 requests a day with half of them posting 3 tickets a day and start posting badmouth messages if you can't solve their request in less than a day which will make you a prime candidate for their support

Did a bit of cleaning.

Let's avoid turning hostile towards one another. 

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Letter13:

Did a bit of cleaning.

Let's avoid turning hostile towards one another. 

Oof.. this'll be tough 😛

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

ho

Yep.  They literally removed resources from my inventory, why is that not a problem to you?  

They also admitted that there was a coding problem yet did nothing to fix it.  Again, a problem that should have been addressed, not just a hotfix for next time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Yep.  They literally removed resources from my inventory, why is that not a problem to you?  

They also admitted that there was a coding problem yet did nothing to fix it.  Again, a problem that should have been addressed, not just a hotfix for next time.

You should be careful when editing the quotes. 

And it's not a problem because it's like I walked into a store, bought some stuff, and later the company contacted me to let me know that I had won a lifetime supply of what I bought. You gonna be all salty and demand a refund because they gave it to you? 

This isn't even the first time it's happened to you, the whole "you bought these before but we're making them free from now on. Maybe you never got the widgets for your scanner, and maybe you forgot that they're a thing. Either way, it's not an actual problem. 

Seriously, what do you think we're going to be spending those resources on anyway? 🙄

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Did a bit of cleaning.

Harsh. You missed a post, though.

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Seriously, what do you think we're going to be spending those resources on anyway? 

I would empty my resources in a night if these get implemented

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I would empty my resources in a night if these get implemented

That's a mighty big "if", and honestly can't be used to factor into the question any more than "what if DE paid us real money for turning in our common resources that, due to recent changes, are far more easily obtained than in the past". 

The claim that I was responding to of:

30 minutes ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

They literally removed resources from my inventory, why is that not a problem to you?  

It's nonsense. The person bought something consumable, in large quantities, and they eventually became obsolete, because of the fact that a change has been made so we never have to buy more. They are literally complaining about getting something for free. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

tho

Its not the archwing launchers I care about, its the resources I had to grind out to build them.   Please try to understand yet again, resources taken out of my inventory.  That is a problem. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Its not the archwing launchers I care about, its the resources I had to grind out to build them.   Please try to understand yet again, resources taken out of my inventory.  That is a problem. 

Stuff and nonsense. You willingly bought them with those resources, and still have them. You only want the resources back now because they made it so you get an infinite number of uses out of a single one. 

Nobody told you to make so many, it was a choice. I made the same choice. We could each have just made a few at a time, and never bought in bulk. We each chose to make a bunch of them. 

Well, DE took pity on us and said here's what, you don't need to ever make another, just one of those is all you need. They literally gave us an infinite number of free uses, and you're complaining about it. That's ridiculous. 

As it stands there's very little that even uses those resources, and now that the thumpers drop metric craploads of those resources, it's definitely not a problem to get more than you spent in a tiny fraction of the time, although realistically we both know that there's not much reason for us to do that. 

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

made

Can easily use 5-10 launchers in bounties on POE before K drives existed.  Making a few at a time makes no sense.  I had 92 made.  No sense in going to foundry after every mission to make more.  I'm not complaining about having unlimited launchers, you are twisting it to make it sound like I am. 

You are really trying here, aren't you?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Can easily use 5-10 launchers in bounties on POE before K drives existed.  Making a few at a time makes no sense.  I had 92 made.  No sense in going to foundry after every mission to make more.  I'm not complaining about having unlimited launchers, you are twisting it to make it sound like I am. 

You are really trying here, aren't you?

Wait, only 92? That's what you consider an inconsolable loss? 😂

Ok you got me. I thought that you were making what might have been a legitimate complaint about losing a "large" number of resources like so many of us did. This is like demanding that the city dig up the sidewalk because you dropped a penny and it rolled down into the storm drain. You were even going so far as to suggest that 'someone' had taken it from your inventory, I'm pretty sure that you still have all 92  🙄  of them and you've probably already used the infinite launcher (that you didn't have to pay for) more than that. 

You have gained, not lost. 

• Upvote 1

I've contact support for various issues over the years and never had any issues with them personally.  I've never had any issues with negative/stolen plat though so I can't speak from experience there.  As generally positive as my experiences have been though, I do feel like sometimes the support might not be as informed about certain things as they should be. There was one time a friend of mine and I discovered that particular tennogen helmet was able to be traded to other players and when I asked support if this was intentional, they said that "this is by design", indicating the the tennogen helmets were supposed to be tradable and closed my ticket.  This didn't make any sense to me as no other tennogen items were tradable so I contacted Rebecca directly about it and explained the situation, and she basically said "Yeah no, that's not supposed to be tradable lol" and it wasn't very long until it was patched (like literally a day or so).  So if support made a mistake like that, it wouldn't surprise me if similar unintentional mistakes were made with other people.

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's a mighty big "if", and honestly can't be used to factor into the question any more than "what if DE paid us real money for turning in our common resources that, due to recent changes, are far more easily obtained than in the past". 

The claim that I was responding to of:

It's nonsense. The person bought something consumable, in large quantities, and they eventually became obsolete, because of the fact that a change has been made so we never have to buy more. They are literally complaining about getting something for free. 

Funny thing is that the lost resources are not something hard to obtain and you can regain it in no time

From the handful of times I've interacted with support I've always found them to be polite, helpful and genuinely nice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

You are a tit.  

Still twisting and missing the point.

Much as I usually find myself at odds with @(PS4)guzmantt1977, I have to agree with him here. You're whinging on GD because everyone else got what you so preciously bought, where the definition of "precious" and "bought" are both very loose.

1 minute ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Much as I usually find myself at odds with @(PS4)guzmantt1977, I have to agree with him here. You're whinging on GD because everyone else got what you so preciously bought, where the definition of "precious" and "bought" are both very loose.

I didnt buy anything?   I farmed for it all.  Thats time.  I dont know why 'buying' is a term when it should be farming or grinding.  

32 minutes ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

You are a tit.  

Still twisting and missing the point.

Really? Well then I'll just hope that I'm a Parus Major. I also suspect that you're never going to understand why support denied you, your demands. 

Your request is no more reasonable than if you were to ask them to permanently take back the infinitely available launchers, and allow you to spend those segments, forcing you to buy them for the rest of the time your account remains active. Surely then, you wouldn't claim that the resources were "wasted", just because you were actually forced to spend all of them, would you? 

And let's make this really clear. Apart from credits, and circuits, the only thing you're going to be asked to use the plains resources on repeatedly is Fosfors and Eidolon phylaxis. So.... 

Just to address some of the “playing innocent” comments, random bot-bans happen.

My fiancee’ has been waiting for a month (29 days) to get a response about why she was banned and, hopefully, get it removed. The only reason we can fathom is playing on the same IP (living together) and having a faulty modem that we replaced right after (Our ISP told us they were registering 300k errors from the modem when we called them).

No conspiracy theories here. They probably get 2k “I did nothing wrong” claims a week and it takes time to go through all that and filter legitimate claims from true violations.

That said, the terror that someone from the tech team might dismiss it as “eh, you probably deserve it” is real, and there is no way to give the team additional information (that might help them) without updating the ticket, which presumably kicks you back in the queue and might even get you banned from contacting support.

So, at least personally, I don’t think there is an evil team out there too get you, taking pleasure in the exertion of tyrannical control, but the ease of getting flagged by an automated process, a small team doing a lot of work, the month long waits for answers, and the real chance of rubbing someone the wrong way, all help to create situations in which, at least for us, can make you feel that your account may be arbitrarily taken away with no recourse. 

Edited by Anarbitrio
Grammar

On 2019-08-14 at 4:24 PM, CalmClouds said:

I've read quite a few horror stories about how the support team harms the game's players rather then help them. People are saying that they'll ban you without reason or at the very least without giving you a reason, which might not even be a good reason for a ban to begin with. Apparently, even using these forums is risky, since there's always the chance the the seemingly mad support team might misfire your way.

It's nonsense, I've been here for almost 6 years, never been banned and I've gotten into quite a few arguments. Some people just don't know what's acceptable behaviour. Every single person I've see with a temp/forum/trade/chat ban deserved it.

On 2019-08-14 at 4:24 PM, CalmClouds said:

So, jokes aside, is the support really the boogeyman that people make it out to be? Assuming that you still have access to the forums, do any support survivors/victims have any horror stories to share with the rest of us? I'm very curious

It's a really bad idea to discuss individual cases of moderation, no good ever comes of it which is why it's against the forum rules.

Simple fact is that people lie, badly behjaved people lie a lot more.

• Upvote 1