Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Deluxe

Aeon94

Wukong Deluxe Helmet ( primary channel ) doesn't match body after U25.6.3 changes. Not sure if it's related to lighting ( helmet and body are affected by lighting differently ) or just texture mismatch.

Warframe0010_zpsx0lfyghu.jpg

Also I summon thee @NightmareT12 , I know you like finding visual issues such as this. :)

Edited by Aeon94
  • Like 1

Seems texture mismatch. But holy cow the absolute clustermess this is starting to be. They should just have left it as it was when released, what the hell.

EDIT: Was literally typing before you mentioned me lul Enjoy because in september I'll most likely disappear under a mountain load of work 😛

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 2

First I'll start off by saying I don't own the skin but I checked it on my Wukong often enough before it was recently altered. Checked today and I'm almost certain youn can hardly see the glitter/sparkle? Surely this can't be intended as it added a nice effect to the skin and now it seems you can't really see it?

Wondering why it changed in the first place - it made the skin very unique. I considered buying it once I got the Prime but now I'm strongly considering otherwise.

Adding some standard pictures for reference. At all angles you can't see any of the shine/glitter whatever it was, as you did before.

Lvfiwa2.jpg

NCtvLBg.jpg

A0c2Kg0.jpg

Not much of a comparsion as I don't have pictures of before, but you can see the glitter even with dark colours.

Spoiler

25FAqF2.jpg

So right now it seems we just have a standard shader, opposed to whatever was used before.

Edited by Valiant

14 minutes ago, Slomobro91 said:

the dev's how many want it reverted

You mean the change the community itself asked over and over in so many threads ever since the skin was shown? It's a battle of players against players, not players against DE. Like many things in the game that DE only changes to appease to a vocal part of the community as if it was the only one.

I, for one, have fully ignored his Deluxe and even Prime skins since Mithra is the best one as far as my taste goes.

--

I will concede, however, that apart from fixes there shouldn't be any major changes to released skins. Because that'd be altering the product you purchased regardless of how others feel about. And in such a case a refund would be fair imo, even though I was not affected by this.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

You mean the change the community itself asked over and over in so many threads ever since the skin was shown?

I have only seen a single thread with 8 upvotes.

I ask for changes to be made sometimes, but mainly when there's a major mess up or the original concept is not fully respected. They need to be more careful and add much more thought to what is actually changed, a material change can change the look of an item by a lot. It can become an easy way to disengage your costumers.

To put an easy example: Can you imagine if you bought a car you liked today, and overnight it simply changed because someone else with the same model didn't like the paintjob? Would you buy another one?

People like to know that when they spend money on something, it can be as much respected as possible. Otherwise there's no incentive to do it, no one likes the feeling of insecutiry (and it's one that made me stop buying skins sometime ago now). The team need to understand that once it's put in the market for platinum, they need to be very careful on handling these. Everyone can properly preview it, so if you don't like something don't shove it down everyone's throats. IDK, it seems common sense to me.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I have only seen a single thread with 8 upvotes.

I ask for changes to be made sometimes, but mainly when there's a major mess up or the original concept is not fully respected. They need to be more careful and add much more thought to what is actually changed, a material change can change the look of an item by a lot. It can become an easy way to disengage your costumers.

To put an easy example: Can you imagine if you bought a car you liked today, and overnight it simply changed because someone else with the same model didn't like the paintjob? Would you buy another one?

People like to know that when they spend money on something, it can be as much respected as possible. Otherwise there's no incentive to do it, no one likes the feeling of insecutiry (and it's one that made me stop buying skins sometime ago now).

I have seen several for quite some time, but I do agree that DE shouldn't change released stuff after people bought it, no matter how some feel that it should be changed. Don't really have an opinion on Wukong's DL, though so I don't really know how bad it was/is. Why DE even changed it in the first place, post-release, is what confuses me the most.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

It's a battle of players against players, not players against DE. 

My thought is the people who liked it before weren't as vocal cause they liked it, but if we can show the DE's more people liked it before than the ones who complained before then it may get reverted. That's what I meant with what I said and in that case we need to speak up.

• Like 1

Issue is that whatever they've done has caused the sparkle and glitter to completely disappear.

I'd be okay with a reduction, I suppose if we had to have one, but they've pretty much removed it? Where's the fairness for those who actually liked it for The XX's sake? I seriously don't think I'll buy it right now as the glitter was the icing on the cake as it was so unique and different.

Don't know about you but I don't see any trace of what was supposedly reduced.

Lvfiwa2.jpg

NCtvLBg.jpg

A0c2Kg0.jpg

We shouldn't be sitting there only listening to those who complain about stuff, what about those who actually like it but don't speak up or did not have the chance to speak up as they didn't even know about it? It's ridiculous. Such changes shouldn't be happening.

Much like Frost Deluxe's helmet shader change, it came from nowhere yet DE decided to change it. That's not what I initially paid for to honest.

• Like 2

a2exfvr.jpgHere's a before/after just for comparissons sake btw.

The change to his skin was very welcome to me, personally, since I disliked the wet-stone like material that his skin had before. Less sparkles do the skin good and it shouldn't have been that sparkly from the beginning, at least it wasn't advertised to us as such in the Devstreams.
What they could have kept though is the transparancy of the glass in his "hair" region, but it's not so drastic that I would want them to revert the changes. 

TL;DR This skin is better now than before imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (PS4)SergeiTheBarb said:

TL;DR

is this a "barbie-dresser" issue?

I prefer an issue with a purchase made that was changed after without consideration. If people didnt like the sparkles they didnt have to buy the skin. To change a skin purchased because people didnt like the sparkles is an issue since it affects the people who bought it cause they liked how it looked at the time. This is now a supplier consumer issue where the suppliers is wrong.

2 minutes ago, Vespilan said:

a2exfvr.jpgHere's a before/after just for comparissons sake btw.

The change to his skin was very welcome to me, personally, since I disliked the wet-stone like material that his skin had before. Less sparkles do the skin good and it shouldn't have been that sparkly from the beginning, at least it wasn't advertised to us as such in the Devstreams.
What they could have kept though is the transparancy of the glass in his "hair" region, but it's not so drastic that I would want them to revert the changes. 

TL;DR This skin is better now than before imo.

That's fine but you could see a preview and chose not to buy it before in skin section under warframe, but the ones that saw it liked the look and bought it are the ones getting screwed cause now it is not what they paid for. It's not only about which looks better it's the bait and switch to the people who paid platinum for a look that was changed after purchase.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Slomobro91:

it's the bait and switch to the people who paid platinum

It surely was not a bait-and-switch.
The skin got released, people complained about it being all glossy because this weird material is really hard to use /make look good for most people, DE changed the material. This is literally what a vocal part of the players asked for. There was no malicious intend.

Edited by Vespilan

12 minutes ago, Vespilan said:

It surely was not a bait-and-switch.
The skin got released, people complained about it being all glossy because this weird material is really hard to use /make look good for most people, DE changed the material. This is literally what a vocal part of the players asked for. There was no malicious intend.

The thing is the people who didnt like it had a choice when they saw it in skin section under warframe where as they removed the choice from the ones who did like it and bought it for that reason. It may not be with malicious intent, but it is definitely not right for a product to be changed like that. If this had no way to be shown on wukong before being purchased that would be one thing, but you could literally put it on your wukong in game and choose to purchase it or not. 

Edit: Also, I have put in a request for a refund I know that is possible, but you have to acknowledge they removed our choice just to sell to a few others who had one and still do. That's the messed up thing.

Edited by Slomobro91

2 hours ago, Slomobro91 said:

Just wanted to create a thread for us to show the dev's how many want it reverted, or at least a choice for it in game. This is to replace the petition that @Surica-11 made that the dev's deleted. They also deleted my complaints so I think we need our voices heard here.

Thank you for creating this.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

You mean the change the community itself asked over and over in so many threads ever since the skin was shown? It's a battle of players against players, not players against DE. Like many things in the game that DE only changes to appease to a vocal part of the community as if it was the only one.

I, for one, have fully ignored his Deluxe and even Prime skins since Mithra is the best one as far as my taste goes.

--

I will concede, however, that apart from fixes there shouldn't be any major changes to released skins. Because that'd be altering the product you purchased regardless of how others feel about. And in such a case a refund would be fair imo, even though I was not affected by this.

I can't even believe that players wanted that to happen, after all the negative feedback I've read and heard so far. They're all disappointed and mad that it's gone now. 

That's also exactly what we're on about; buying something for them only to change it afterwards or remove something on it.

I read that a lot of people only bought it because it was sparkling, me including. Some even bought it with their real money and not from plat which they got from trading prime parts which they don't need. In my opinion, it's more than unfair to change it. 

54 minutes ago, Slomobro91 said:

The thing is the people who didnt like it had a choice when they saw it in skin section under warframe where as they removed the choice from the ones who did like it and bought it for that reason. It may not be with malicious intent, but it is definitely not right for a product to be changed like that. If this had no way to be shown on wukong before being purchased that would be one thing, but you could literally put it on your wukong in game and choose to purchase it or not. 

Edit: Also, I have put in a request for a refund I know that is possible, but you have to acknowledge they removed our choice just to sell to a few others who had one and still do. That's the messed up thing.

Please tell me how that went, I want a refund as well and curious if that's even possible. 

35 minutes ago, Surica-11 said:

Thank you for creating this.

I can't even believe that players wanted that to happen, after all the negative feedback I've read and heard so far. They're all disappointed and mad that it's gone now. 

That's also exactly what we're on about; buying something for them only to change it afterwards or remove something on it.

I read that a lot of people only bought it because it was sparkling, me including. Some even bought it with their real money and not from plat which they got from trading prime parts which they don't need. In my opinion, it's more than unfair to change it. 

Also deleting posts in a Hotfix thread, regarding Wukong's changes, is very f-ing disrespectful. I didn't start it, I only wrote my opinion and more than 20 people upvoted my post which was the petition to change him back or give us the choice to get our money/plat back and apparently DE didn't like that and deleted that comment as well as my following comments. I feel picked on and very disrespected. That's why the whole "Players against DE" thing now. 

I completely agree I bought plat with my real money and got that skin for the gloss sparkles. 

My refund requests are still open so I'm hoping its cause I said either change it back or give me a refund and the community is making them consider changing it back, but I doubt it and it's probably just slow for them to respond.

After all the positive I have heard about the DE its disappointing to see them do that.

1 hour ago, Xirka said:

No one has summoned him? Guess I will do what must be done. @DeMonkey

Unfortunately I have to wait. Not going to give an opinion until I'm unable to see it for myself. The loss of lustre in the crystal hair is a bit of a bummer though.

Edited by DeMonkey