Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Deluxe

Aeon94

@Surica-11 I've complained quite a few times for something similar (anyone here remember Harka Frost?) in Hotfix threads and my posts haven't been deleted. Make sure you always try to be respectful when writing, which I'm the first one to not always be when I'm disappointed.

Just stating it because in a heat moment it's something that can happen and that's when it gets deleted, so you gotta be extra careful in those situations.

14 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

@Surica-11 I've complained quite a few times for something similar (anyone here remember Harka Frost?) in Hotfix threads and my posts haven't been deleted. Make sure you always try to be respectful when writing, which I'm the first one to not always be when I'm disappointed.

Just stating it because in a heat moment it's something that can happen and that's when it gets deleted, so you gotta be extra careful in those situations.

I read it and it was respectful basically just give up votes to petition change back and quoting the people who posted on the thread they didnt like it. The devs deleted it and said it shouldn't be posted on that thread essentially and that's why it was deleted instead it should go here, which is why I made this thread.

Although, I don't agree with what they did since it is a player issue with the hotfix they performed.

Edited by Slomobro91

vor 6 Minuten schrieb NightmareT12:

I wasn't writing anything rude or demanding anything, just wrote like "Upvote this post to sign this petition", added a couple of people's posts to my post and suddenly it's gone. I write another one, saying that I won't give up nor let my voice go under. Gone again. I wrote a last one, stating how I feel about that, if you're lucky/quick you can still find it. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Slomobro91:

I read it and it was respectful basically just give up votes to petition change back and quoting the people who posted on the thread they didnt like it. The devs deleted it and said it shouldn't be posted on that thread essentially and that's why it was deleted instead it should go here, which is why I made this thread.

It shouldn't be posted on that thread? But it was regarding Wukongs changes, the ones that came with the same Hotfix and I'm not allowed to post in the same thread and say my g*****n opinion?! 

Edited by Surica-11

Anyways let's hope at the very least someone drops here and adresses this, which should be the correct course of action, and hopefully a good discussion ensues on how to act in the future and the seemingly lack of coordination sometimes happens with Deluxe skins (mismatching materials between frame and Syandana for the 3rd time should be a red flag).

The April emissive letdown ended up bringing a better system forward so I'm hoping for a similar outcome here.

This thread is for discussing and giving the feedback the recent changes to the Wukong Deluxe skin.

It is not here for people to complain about moderation and posts about it will be removed.

"6) COMPLAINTS – We will not tolerate inappropriate, aggressive, or hostile complaints posted on the Forums. If you have a complaint about a player, report the issue. If you have a complaint about how your behavior on the forums has been moderated, send a Moderator a private message. They will do what they can to sort out any issues."

You can contact any of the moderators or raise it with Support.

https://forums.warframe.com/guidelines/

I really hope they'll revert this change or at least reduce the sparkle and not totally remove it.

Otherwise I'd like a refund because the skin looks like a plastic armor and I prefer the Wukong Prime, I would never bought it as it is today.

This is a statement I received from a moderator. I dont know if I am allowed to put name so I'll leave that out just in case. 

"Hello,

I've received a response and its not good news I'm afraid.

I've been told that it is unlikely to change in the near future however like everything, they may review in the future based on constructive and respectful feedback given on the change.

If you are unhappy with this, you can request a refund via support."

still very disappointing after the rollercoaster today, but at least they will be giving refunds.

1 hour ago, Slomobro91 said:

This is a statement I received from a moderator. I dont know if I am allowed to put name so I'll leave that out just in case. 

"Hello,

I've received a response and its not good news I'm afraid.

I've been told that it is unlikely to change in the near future however like everything, they may review in the future based on constructive and respectful feedback given on the change.

If you are unhappy with this, you can request a refund via support."

still very disappointing after the rollercoaster today, but at least they will be giving refunds.

Though that seems a viable option. Would have appreciated greatly, if people were offered a choice to choose either of the two versions in game, ultimately satisfying both the sides. And as for the ones on forum voicing from both sides, it would be nice if DE could offer us a reason as in why these changes were triggered nor reverted to quench our curiosity.

26 minutes ago, BlizzardRage said:

Though that seems a viable option. Would have appreciated greatly, if people were offered a choice to choose either of the two versions in game, ultimately satisfying both the sides. And as for the ones on forum voicing from both sides, it would be nice if DE could offer us a reason as in why these changes were triggered nor reverted to quench our curiosity.

I completely agree I tried to fight for something and lost. I will just take my refund and maybe down the line something will happen. I think a gloss metallic or matte showed be implemented tho.

Hello,

I originally thought it would be great to have the crystalline sheen reduced, but the update got rid of it completely. This more or less ruins the skin for me because it becomes really, really flat.

To add to this, the 'hair' or crest on the helmet and the crystal parts on his back and tail had a lovely translucent effect to them and really popped with the energy running through the crevices. That's now completely gone. 

Edit: Additionally there are texture discrepancies afte the latest patch as shown here:

Please reconsider completely nuking the uniqueness of the skin and at least consider rolling back the changes on the helmet and crystal parts.

-Evan

iSqmnY9.jpg

4hWjSns.jpg

Note the previous sheen on the helmet.

Now note how it's missing after the patch as of 16/08/19.

yECDiDG.jpgw

Edited by Evanescent

I'm severely disappointed by this change to the deluxe skin. I bought it specifically because the crystalline body looks so cool. With this change I will be asking for a refund but I really wish I could have my jewelled monkey back. 😞

• Like 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Drasiel:

I'm severely disappointed by this change to the deluxe skin. I bought it specifically because the crystalline body looks so cool. With this change I will be asking for a refund but I really wish I could have my jewelled monkey back. 😞

Same here.

Without the sparkling effect it looks just plain, nothing "deluxe" about it. With it tho, it reminded me more of lava instead of a crystalline look IMO.

After all the traditional history of Sun Wukong is that he survived 49 days of the samadhi fire in Laozi's furnace which gained him the ability to recognize evil, so why make such a badass look so plain? Make him sparkle bright again just like the sparks of the fire 🔥

Just got a refund today and was told it was a "courtesy" they screwed us who liked it and they want to call refunding a courtesy! for real! 

What ever though I'll be watching to see if they fix the deluxe skin and next time I'll wait a couple months before buying a deluxe skin again to see if I like the final product, since what they put out obviously cant be trusted to be one.

Edited by Slomobro91

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Slomobro91:

Just got a refund today and was told it was a "courtesy to me" they screwed us who liked it and they want to call refunding a courtesy! for real! 

What ever though I'll be watching to see if they fix the deluxe skin and next time I'll wait a couple months before buying a deluxe skin again to see if I like the final product, since what they put out obviously cant be trusted to be one.

Whatever... what counts is that you got your money back. 

Another lesson that I learned the last couple days: 

• When a new skin comes out, don't buy it immediately.

It really sucks to change a skin, helmet, or anything else after it comes out without a good reason. Oh, some people didn't like the sparkles? Well don't buy it then. We were the ones that got screwed over, really. We wanted the sparkles and bought it, now they're gone and they call a refund a "courtesy". If I buy something from a store, where the salesman still has the ability to change it after my purchase and changes it to a point where I'm not satisfied or happy with that product, I'll get a refund without it getting called a "courtesy", it's called "right to return unsatisfactory products"

Edited by Surica-11

11 minutes ago, Surica-11 said:

Whatever... what counts is that you got your money back. 

It really sucks to change a skin, helmet, or anything else after it comes out without a good reason. Oh, some people didn't like the sparkles? Well don't buy it then. We were the ones that got screwed over, really. We wanted the sparkles and bought it, now they're gone and they call a refund a "courtesy". If I buy something from a store, where the salesman still has the ability to change it after my purchase and changes it to a point where I'm not satisfied or happy with that product, I'll get a refund without it getting called a "courtesy", it's called "right to return unsatisfactory products"

Yes I hope other people will start doing this too so maybe they will start to realize how untrustworthy this makes them look. 

Also, to keep this on topic so as not to get flagged. I ended up using the return to make my wukong look good with a tenn skin cause at least (from my understanding) those dont get changed and I'd rather support the independent artist at this point.

20 minutes ago, Slomobro91 said:

Yes I hope other people will start doing this too so maybe they will start to realize how untrustworthy this makes them look. 

Also, to keep this on topic so as not to get flagged. I ended up using the return to make my wukong look good with a tenn skin cause at least (from my understanding) those dont get changed and I'd rather support the independent artist at this point.

Yeah I'm probably going to be investing in the mithra skin if I get refunded. Which is annoying because I can't use the refunded plat to buy it but I'm kind of at the angrily ambivalent stage where I'm just going to shelve wukong for a couple months because looking at him now is a reminder of what was taken away.

On 2019-08-16 at 5:41 AM, Evanescent said:

Please reconsider completely nuking the uniqueness of the skin and at least consider rolling back the changes on the helmet and crystal parts.

I completely agree. Everything looks so pale & plastic right now after the hotfix update.

Until now, I've been wondering... why the change? They've already done a good and unique design yet, it became its worse in the end.

On 2019-08-16 at 6:05 AM, Valiant said:

Agreed. If they 'had' to reduce it, wish they didn't, they should have at least kept a balance. It is gone completely. I kinda suspect a bug. 

My thoughts as well. Even after reading the red text "hotfix" notification, they said that It'll be REDUCED not REMOVE.

gYxkgGk.png

Reading that made me nervous when I was on a defense mission. Hoping that the unique skin that I really liked and just recently bought wouldn't be at its worse in this unsuspected "hotfix." Unfortunately, after restarting the game and looking at it... disappointment just struck the heck out of me.

21 hours ago, Slomobro91 said:

Was planning to do the same as well.

Looks better
  Helping an artist by supporting his/her design

= Self-satisfaction

-----------

Bottom line and imo regarding the "hotfix"... never have I ever posted regarding on other deluxe skins that I've bought.

22 hours ago, Surica-11 said:

Starting today, I'll remember this lesson for the rest of my life. I don't want to be disappointed again.
+This will be my last post regarding this topic.

Though until now, I'm still hoping for them to revert it back or at least stick to what they've said which is to REDUCE.
I'll still pray for that day to happen.