Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why you can't donate Roller Floofs to your dojo

[DE]Momaw

A small PSA so that you're all aware of where we are at regarding Roller Floofs. Many Tenno have been sad that they cannot donate Roller Floofs to their clan dojo, and have reporting it as a bug. This inability to donate was actually a deliberate choice on DE's part. The reason is that when the Floofs are placed in the dojo, the physics of the object do not work correctly for all players present. Each person sees the Floof moving and interacting in a different way, so you could never (for example) kick it back and forth with another player. There is also significant concerns about performance if players added dozens (hundreds) of fully interactive objects to a multi-user space. It was decided to not let this happen when we knew ahead of time that it was going to be problematic. This is a feature that we're interested in, and everybody else is interested in, but Dojo Football and Cooperative Ball Pits will have to wait for future programming support. (There is sadly no ETA for when this will happen.)

The year is 2024, Warframe has changed...

With a mighty crash of soft, bouncy sound effects, the first Clan Leader leaps headlong into the very first five-hundred-ball Roller Floof ball-pit in their Dojo. They are followed enthusiastically by nine more players all gleefully experiencing the explosions of physics-based beach balls.

Five minutes later, one, hovering on their K-drive Vandal and watching it rumble the Floofs below, asks "Is that it?"

To which the only response is "Well, yeah... I mean... I don't know what else you were expecting."

They all leave through the teleporter to reach their Railjack Prime and carry on with the grind. Maybe some come back to jump in the ball-pit again the next day. But many... would forget it existed until weeks later, and run past it to get to the Research.

This makes sense - though I do miss the old Dojo days where animations and network were much more like in-mission.. I guess because it was peer hosted instead of server.

One small request - I bought the Dog Days Captura scene so I could take my Kavat to play with all the floofs, but I was so sad to discover the Kavat AI in that scene is the "attack enemy" AI instead of "kavat on ship cause trouble play with floofs" AI that I was hoping for. IF there was some way to change that, would be so awesome!

4 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

A small PSA so that you're all aware of where we are at regarding Roller Floofs. Many Tenno have been sad that they cannot donate Roller Floofs to their clan dojo, and have reporting it as a bug. This inability to donate was actually a deliberate choice on DE's part. The reason is that when the Floofs are placed in the dojo, the physics of the object do not work correctly for all players present. Each person sees the Floof moving and interacting in a different way, so you could never (for example) kick it back and forth with another player. There is also significant concerns about performance if players added dozens (hundreds) of fully interactive objects to a multi-user space. It was decided to not let this happen when we knew ahead of time that it was going to be problematic. This is a feature that we're interested in, and everybody else is interested in, but Dojo Football and Cooperative Ball Pits will have to wait for future programming support. (There is sadly no ETA for when this will happen.)

Juat make the capacity cost extremely high so we can only put 5 in a room . My floof shop needs this. Also so what if we cant play footie. 

F L O O F S H O P!!!

2 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Juat make the capacity cost extremely high so we can only put 5 in a room . My floof shop needs this. Also so what if we cant play footie. 

F L O O F S H O P!!!

Also "but lunaro" 

Give us a lunaro court then. Fully customizable though obviously. 

Thanks for the insight into the issue with it.
Hm... so it can't be a physics object, as those are rendered clientside like particles and vary client to client  ( not broadcast and so instanced per client independently ).
Doesn't that lend itself to being spawned as an NPC ( neutral or enemy ) reactive to physics with a stub AI that simply waits to be kicked and then broadcasts its' movement as any enemy would? Wouldn't even require a new AI I think, you could just recycle or inherit from the obstacle course AI already present. Heck, just make them another flavour of it - it's a good sized space and can be modified by the player as well.

:)

On 2019-08-15 at 5:30 PM, Caramello said:

They seem to work perfectly fine in the orbiter when i invite people over 🤔

In orbiter you're in a squad connection. However in dojos and various other public places you get a different kind of connection, a more data limited one.

Did you notice how people not in your squad barely have animations?

Also it kinda makes sense why dojo duelling requires a map change I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Don't mean to necro a year old post, but why couldn't they just be client-side? I know it would still be kinda disappointing that it couldn't be kicked back and forth between players and the positions of the balls wouldn't be synced, but it would still be fun to just let our pets play with them in a ball room.

I imagine it would be no different than if you invited someone to your orbiter.

Archived