The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Been Playing A Week - Some Feedback.

SectorCommand

The gorgon, I would re-nerf it and just give it a CRAPLOAD more ammo - it runs out far too quickly and still isn't up to par with guns like the SOMA.

If you made it the "big gun" which could be used with cold/fire/elec upgrades and just be a big support gun for those pesky xenomorphs ;) I'd like to see it as something you don't target a single creature with but something you have fun with and just spray - perhaps give it some kind of bonus with the slowing of enemies (suppression?).

Going by the different damages and reloads etc, you guys are obviously trying to differentiate the weapons from each other. However, it's making some weapons suck and others OP.

Perhaps a new static "strength" should be applied to each to give that weapon a particular edge in a particular circumstance.

I have been playing a Trinity as full support, but there's no specific support weapon I can use in groups - so the Gorgon would seem like a good choice in the example above - at least from where I'm sitting.

Edited by SectorCommand

need ammo?  Use Ammo mods.

want to slow enemy's?  Use Ice Mods.

want it to spray everything?  Don't aim.

you want to kill everything before reload?  Learn To Aim Better.

so to sum up.

Use Mods to get the most out of any weapon.

Use Mods to help control Mobs.

Aim.

-End Of Line-

Playing for a week. Thinks he's an expert on metagame and game mechanics.

Can you believe this guy?

Just because I've been playing THIS for a week, doesn't mean it's my first rodeo.

The weapons are pretty non-specific, and the devs are obviously trying to make them all different but at the same time balanced, so perhaps just a new strength for each weapon under particular circumstances would achieve that.

Otherwise you end up with weapons that go unused while others are used by everyone who wishes to min/max.

Edited by SectorCommand

Lol... "re-nerf" The Gorgon has been nerfed twice. Secondly; slowing? there's a mod for that. The Soma is in a completely different category than the Gorgon. there are tiers of weapons. There's a wiki for that.

Well, to be fair, weapons are tiered semi randomly and by tier I mean mastery requirement.

1: The gorgon, I would re-nerf it and just give it a CRAPLOAD more ammo ...

2: The weapons are pretty non-specific, and the devs are obviously trying to make them all different but at the same time balanced

Otherwise you end up with weapons that go unused while others are used by everyone who wishes to min/max.

1: When you've played a few hundred hours then we'll talk.

2: This was a very important argument I posted in the Soma nerf post a moment ago. It turns out DE is not set on balancing game weapons, it would make a lot of sense but Steve or whomever is not interested it seems... They in fact want to make the holy grail weapon which everyone aims for, which would mean 99% all other weapons will be left for garbage. So that in the end everyone is using the same silly weapon.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/111576-soma-nerf/page-3

Edited by GrilledSalmonWithLemon

<etc>

Welcome to Warframe!  In terms of feedback, the most useful thing you can offer right now is whatever you're most struggling with.  It's pretty likely that you'll feel somewhat differently about a particular balance-point within another couple weeks of playing.  But if there's something that's stopping you from progressing or enjoying the game (eg, 'can't figure out what weapon benefits a support Trinity'), that's something experience is actually going to hinder other players from noticing.