Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have some content DE?

Ikyr0

4 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

Yeah not everyone is a collector and not everyone has that motivation to do things anymore.

Kind of like how not everyone who says something is telling the truth? 

3 hours ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Ahh ... its nice to see another thread about new content turned into a witch hunt of OP and his profile, this is why the warframe community is pathetic.

Kind of hard to have a witch hunt if the OP didn't 'creatively misrepresent' their situation. But it seems that they did, so here we are. 

Currently it looks like just another person who watches too much youtube, and decided to copy the style of their favourite muck-stirrer because what greater way to stroke a power fantasy than to claim "I have done it all, there is nothing that I cannot do"?

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

But what about me? 🤔 I also want new content, especially Gauss.. :3

You're the proof that what I said is correct:

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Kind of hard to have a witch hunt if the OP didn't 'creatively misrepresent' their situation. But it seems that they did, so here we are. 

Multi-year vet who has legitimately done most stuff in the game says "I want new stuff because I've sort of run out of stuff to do here", nobody bats an eye. 

Relatively new account with stats showing only a tiny fraction of the available content done makes a similar claim but with an unpleasant attitude thrown in for bad measure? Yes people are going to point out that their claims aren't entirely truthful. 

• Like 5

mr27 here, all weapons, frames, companions etc. only missing 2 K-drives (because their affinity system is messed up). I still have reason to play from Nightwave as well as adding Forma to the few weapons that still require investment. granted, I'm not playing all day like when we get a fresh update, but that's fine, because other games exist.

yes,. I want new content, but these things take time, and people would be even more salty if content was rushed out and ended up buggy. people need to chill.

• Like 3

really wish that the people demanding "more content" and "actual endgame" would actually, you know, define the terms and what they mean to them.
After all, content and endgame can mean many different things to people...as evidenced by the OP how most of the gear and leveling (the basic premise of this game) isn't "content"...somehow.

And yet they yell and demand "I want re-playable content and endgame" without even the slightest hint or idea of what that would look like.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Loads up Warframe; searches profile for Ikyr0

Looks at frame count, notices 18/65, chuckles.

Looks at primary count and notices 37/111: chuckles again.

Looks at secondary weapon count: Reads 32/102, and chuckles.

Looks at melee weapon count: Reads 47/154, shakes head.

Looks at players stats. Scrolls through stats a for about 10 seconds. Notices player only has 789 hours.

Shakes head in disgust.

Makes same kind of post in reply to players topic of having nothing to do.

Seriously dude, you've done squat compared to people with half your hours.

I share OPs sentiment and fully support their points. Please do that for my profile as well.

8 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

And yet they yell and demand "I want re-playable content and endgame" without even the slightest hint or idea of what that would look like. 

I wonder. Maybe this?

latest?cb=20150320022625

Edited by uxx0

10 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Loads up Warframe; searches profile for Ikyr0

Looks at frame count, notices 18/65, chuckles.

Looks at primary count and notices 37/111: chuckles again.

Looks at secondary weapon count: Reads 32/102, and chuckles.

Looks at melee weapon count: Reads 47/154, shakes head.

Looks at players stats. Scrolls through stats a for about 10 seconds. Notices player only has 789 hours.

Shakes head in disgust.

Makes same kind of post in reply to players topic of having nothing to do.

Seriously dude, you've done squat compared to people with half your hours.

THEY shouldn't have to. Helping players is on you guys to do, not them turning it into content for you.

Dead 😂😂😂😂 "NO COMMENT" after that bruh 

27 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

I wonder. Maybe this?

latest?cb=20150320022625

And what happens once you do the raid and have all of the rewards from it?
Oh yeah...its no longer content and you need more content because the game isn't creating enough new content for you to replay endlessly!

And just saying "Bu-b-b-b-but raids!!!!" isn't really answering the question...especially since most peoples problems with content in this game is that they have what they want, or they have it all, so nothing is worth doing. 
That happened back when we did have raids/trails.  People got what they wanted then complained that there wasn't any content for them to do.

So please elaborate on how you would make truly replayable content that you, and most of the other people demanding it, would agree is "content".

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Oh yeah...its no longer content and you need more content because the game isn't creating enough new content for you to replay endlessly!

And just saying "Bu-b-b-b-but raids!!!!" isn't really answering the question...especially since most peoples problems with content in this game is that they have what they want, or they have it all, so nothing is worth doing.

It was a break from the usual grind. Gathering your clan mates/friends once a day for about an hour of doing something other than grinding was pretty much what kept me motivated in this game. That, breaking raids horribly and speedraiding. The latter was a completely different experience to casual raiding. Sadly only LoR(NM) was fun to speedrun. Mainly because it was the only content that required mechanical skill, rather than being a gear check. Before you say that 6x3 requires mechanical skill as well: Sure. But it doesn't feature WFs movement mechanics as much as raids did. And that's what makes it rather unpleasant to play for me.

In plain english: I'd like to see more content geared towards movement. Fixing and expanding on custom dojo obstacle courses would be a start. Having competition with leaderboards also helps sustain replayability. In case you didn't know: Raids had leaderboards as well.

36 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

It was a break from the usual grind. Gathering your clan mates/friends once a day for about an hour of doing something other than grinding was pretty much what kept me motivated in this game. That, breaking raids horribly and speedraiding. The latter was a completely different experience to casual raiding. Sadly only LoR(NM) was fun to speedrun. Mainly because it was the only content that required mechanical skill, rather than being a gear check. Before you say that 6x3 requires mechanical skill as well: Sure. But it doesn't feature WFs movement mechanics as much as raids did. And that's what makes it rather unpleasant to play for me.

In plain english: I'd like to see more content geared towards movement. Fixing and expanding on custom dojo obstacle courses would be a start. Having competition with leaderboards also helps sustain replayability. In case you didn't know: Raids had leaderboards as well.

You want to see more content geared towards movement? I'll oblige, I'll design one content where you're dead if you're being too slow for 0.3 seconds and I'm being too generous here

This is the logical equivalent of walking into an ice cream shop everyday, ordering only Vanilla and Chocolate, and then complaining that they need to serve more flavors. The ice cream shop can't cater to your specific palette, maybe they'll have Vanilla Chocolate Swirl one day but you'll order it 10 times and then complain that they need more flavors again.

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

That happened back when we did have raids/trails.  People got what they wanted then complained that there wasn't any content for them to do.

So please elaborate on how you would make truly replayable content that you, and most of the other people demanding it, would agree is "content".

Considering how much people replay games like DMC, Mega Man, Halo and other classics, maybe trying to clean up the gameplay loop would be a nice start. Those games have orders of magnitude less content than Warframe yet people replay them. A lot. Meanwhile, Warframe's high level gameplay... well, a lot of our 'best' stuff is dancing around elements that make for good gameplay.

Ignis Wraith for example, which is AoE, good DPS for most content, armour stripping, crit-viable, has a large magazine and good ammo economy, viable range for most areas and punches through crowds. Is it a good weapon? Yes. Does such a weapon produce interesting gameplay engagements? No, as it basically has no drawbacks, except maybe 'doesn't scale all that well'. What makes a weapon interesting is it's drawbacks. Snipers are interesting because you have to find long sightlines because you're a sitting duck up close. Shotguns and melee weapons require you find means to get up close and personal because you're helpless from further away.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

log in. NW completed 2d ago, took about an hour an a half. daily Sortie was finished in 3 mins earlier today.

looks at Arsenal. spins frames around. adds Smoking Body ephemera to Oberon, looks dope AF.

looks at Arsenal again. nothing left to unlock or grind.

looks at focus points. maxed out. Pass on ESO.

looks at Void Fissures. Plenty of primed junk for Baro this week. Pass.

starts Arbie. Defense-Infestation, again. FML, alt-f4.

This has been your daily "Can we have some content DE" thread.

Welcome to the club brother. That is the summary of 99% of Warframe Vet's daily experience with the game.

Now that you've made this thread, you can expect to hear great answers from the community like :"Play a different game", "take a break", etc.

39 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

This is the logical equivalent of walking into an ice cream shop everyday, ordering only Vanilla and Chocolate, and then complaining that they need to serve more flavors. The ice cream shop can't cater to your specific palette, maybe they'll have Vanilla Chocolate Swirl one day but you'll order it 10 times and then complain that they need more flavors again.

No, because you just described my preferred ice-cream purchasing system. I generally only order chocolate and vanilla, because I enjoy them. None of that nonsense with prefixes and suffixes either. Not "French vanilla". Not "Belgian chocolate". Not "chocolate chunk". Not "vanilla ripple". 

And you'll not hear me complain that I have gotten what I wanted, because I enjoy those. You'll never hear me fussing because they don't offer more flavours when I know that I only happen to enjoy a very narrow range of what is on offer. 

So the OP's post is the illogical equivalent of walking into the same shop, only ordering one thing, and then complaining about the lack of variety. 

But hey that what their heroes on YouTube do all day, and imitation is the order of the day. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977

vor 5 Stunden schrieb DeathDweller:

No, it doesn't have that much of a content, it just isn't put in order or locked.All the content (beside weapons) is open to anyone after MR8.This is why it's overwhelming.

and whats the problem to reach mr8? you even do not need to spend money to get really fast to mr8 just with doing core and side quests

DE releases bug fixes. Forum: can we have content? There’s nothing to do.

DE releases content. Forum: can we have bug fixes to all the stuff we have to do instead of new stuff?

Seen threads on both of these recently.

• Like 2

vor 13 Stunden schrieb 844448:

Define, "endgame" because from what I look from so many people, it's another game mode that you will play over and over again until you're sick of it, or have all drops from it and never touch it because "nothing left to unlock or grind"

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Tsukinoki:

really wish that the people demanding "more content" and "actual endgame" would actually, you know, define the terms and what they mean to them.
After all, content and endgame can mean many different things to people...as evidenced by the OP how most of the gear and leveling (the basic premise of this game) isn't "content"...somehow.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Tsukinoki:

The first step would be to finally give us some high-level missions (Sortie3-level) to play that are

1. not randomized (like Arbitrations, Sorties)
  2. not  too niche (like Eidolons)

Yes, high-level content exists in Warframe, but its always randomized and or time-gated/limited, meaning that the game offers the gameplay you are looking for way less frequently than it could and should offer. All the standard-activities in Warframe should be available in high levels aswell at all times (this is not a new request, i know)

This doesnt solve the problem ofc, but would be a good start.

For me Endgame in Warframe could look like the following examples.

Nemesis-Starchart

• certain missions on the Starchart are available as "Nemesis"-Missions
  • whenever you play and succesfully finish a mission, your progress (enemy-level) gets saved
  • when you start it again, you start where you have stopped before
  • when you fail, your Nemesis-level drops again
  • Milestone-Rewards (at certain Nemesis-levels)
  • special conditions when you are close hitting a Milestone (Bosses, special conditions)

The long version and a link is in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

General:

• on certain missions on every planet, the player has the option to play the mission in Nemesis-Mode
  • whenever you finish a mission succesfully, your progress gets saved (progress=enemy level)
  • the next time you play it in Nemesis Mode again, you will start where you have stopped the last time
  • your profile shows your average Nemesis-lvl in different categories like Planet/Missiontype/etc (this could be expanded to Clans aswell for a Clan-Leaderboard)
  • this will hopefully give the players both a reason and the option to push themselves as far as they want to while having a steady progression in game

The Missions:

At first i was thinking about adding this on each Mission on the Starchart, but my conclusion was that this is too much and too complicated.

Besides that, in many gamemodes the enemy lvl doesnt really makes a difference, so i think focussing on these 3 would be the best:

• Survival
  • Defense
  • Exterminate
  • on every planet, each of those Missions is available in Nemesis-Mode

Considering the 2 endless-gamemodes a huge benefit for everyone who wants to fight higher-lvl enemies is that he can do that without having to fight the low-lvl enemies for a long time before he gets to the desired lvl. This has been a recurring request for a long time anyway.

Considering the Exterminate, i picked this gamemode because i think it would be cool to also have a quicker mission in the mix aswell. It could serve the purpose of testing your gear and modding before going into the endless modes for example besides providing some quick fun of course.

The Matchmaking:

I was debating for myself whether this Nemesis-Mode should be Solo-Only or with Matchmaking.

In the end, i didnt want to forbid matchmaking because people could "leech" the nemesis-lvl ; this is something that is probably the most fun with friends/clanmates etc.

• you can play Solo and in premade groups
  • if you play in a party, the Game will take the Nemesis-lvl of the player who has the lowest at that moment
  • (this way, you cannot simply start a group with someone who has a high Nemesis-lvl to instantly go from 10-500 for example)
  • i dont know if public matchmaking should be an option or if its restricted to invite only, but if its possible the same rule applies
  • Bonus: If a fissure-Mission takes place on a Mission on the Starchart that provides the Nemesis-Mode, you can play it aswell

The Rewards:

This will be a hot topic and i fear that the whole discussion might focus on this part, but i still think i have to say a few words because otherwise the 1st question would be "but what about rewards?" 😁 So what are rewards that make sure players feel rewarded but dont give other players the feeling that they have to play something they dont want to?

• 1st rule: nothing essential that a player will need at any point in the game
  • 2nd rule: no scaling rewards - you dont get more ressources if you play on a higher lvl

Besides a spot on Leaderboards (for single players and clans) and your statistics in the profile, i am thinking of Milestones:

• to reach Milestones, we have to increase our overall average Nemesis-lvl (calculated from all available Missions)
  • huge Milestones happen every 100 levels
  • these will provide a custom glyph and emblem
  • small Milestones happen every 50 levels between the huge ones
  • they can offer one time rewards like a Riven-Pack, Kuva/endo/credits, basically the stuff you can get from Sorties but a little more of it
  • the small Milestones could be also available for each Planet (Nemesis-lvl calculated only from the missions on a planet)

Additional thoughts:

Of course there could be a lot more to this, but i think for the start its good to keep it simple.

Anyway, some things that came to mind were:

• failing missions will decrease your Nemesis-lvl again (you cannot farm the rewards this way of course^^)
  • just our 4 (or 6 with arcanes) revives, no bleedout timer (but no stupid Arbitration mechanics aswell 😄)
  • certain bosses spawning in the missions when you are on your way to the next Milestone
  • certain conditions (like in Sorties) when you are on your way to the next Milestone
  • weird stuff like a "all enemies are Noxes exterminate" on your way to your next Milestone 

Persistent Outposts In Orb-Vallis/Plains of Eidolon with scaling Personalized Alerts

• when we capture Outposts in the Open Worlds, they stay captured even when we leave the OpenWorlds
  • this offers lots of benefits, but i wont go into detail in this topic since it doesnt belong here
  • the Corpus/Grineer will try to recapture them - this will lead to personalized Alerts for each Player (they work like other Alerts in Warframe)
  • its scaling, meaning the longer we hold the Outposts, the stronger the attacks will become

Longer, more detailled version and Link in the Spoiler below again:

Spoiler

General idea:

• if you capture a point, it stays captured forever, even if you chose to extract
  • In public matches, the host determines wether they are captured or not
  • if you are not the host but are in the lobby when it gets captured, it counts as captured for you aswell

• we can start all bounties from those Outposts if captured (less traveltime)
  • they offer ammo/health/energy supplies
  • they offer a "quick travel" Option (from Outposts to Outposts and to the Gate of Cetus / Elevator of Fortuna)
  • each Outpost will become the "home" of one NPC we know from Cetus/Fortuna
  • these NPC's will offer custom missions
  • either tasks we have to finish in one Session or tasks that work like certain Riven- or Nightwave tasks (longer, but we can work on those tasks for several days)

• the Grineer/Corpus will try to get these outposts under their control again
  • this will become a new addition: Personal Alerts

Gameplay:

• capturing the Outposts will work just as it works now
  • once they are captured, random, personalized Alerts will happen
  • this means that we will recieve an Alert from time to time that one of the Outposts is under attack
  • just like in any other Alert, we will have a certain timeframe to accept the mission and defend it (1 or 2 weeks)

• the longer we are in control of these Outposts, the more difficult the attacks will become (higher level enemies, tougher units, more Mini Bosses like Raknoids)
  • at the same time, the longer we hold these Outposts, the rewards from the NPC-Mission will slowly get better

• the attacks/personal alerts will happen once a week at most and once a month at least

Rewards:

• doing the personal Alerts will offer Rewards just like any other Alert
  • these Rewards can be standard rewards like Credits/Endo/Orokin Catalyst and Reactor
  • besides that, in certain interval's they should offer Open-World-specific rewards like Arcanes or stuff we usually buy for standing from the NPC's 

These are just 2 examples, and other players made lots of good suggestions aswell.

But as you can see, in this forum just very few care and discuss these ideas.

Instead, topics like this flourish again and again washing everything constructive away in a day.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MSEP1 said:

DE releases bug fixes. Forum: can we have content? There’s nothing to do.

DE releases content. Forum: can we have bug fixes to all the stuff we have to do instead of new stuff?

Seen threads on both of these recently.

Gotta love Japanese game developers where they tend to not respond to the fanbase. 

Kinda sets the precedent in place. 

Problem with us as a community is that if you give us an inch, we'll demand the whole yard. It can be good, but it can also be horribly bad. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Lol love how collecting items that don't do anything for you is your definition of content. I have all the prime frames but not all the weapons because I have no reason to get them I guess I have sooooo much to do. Or maybe I should collect the basic frames because it's such a difference 😂. Dude don't go through people profiles to make a bad point.

Was not a bad point when it's going off of what he was saying about having nothing left to unlock or to grind when he was in his arsenal. When checking his profile, he had over 350 items left to "unlock/grind" for.

Posts saying they have nothing left to unlock or grind for, when they have 350+ gear items left to unlock and grind for, plus many more things to work on, such as actually getting your own K-drive, etc etc. The posts just come off as a lie.

I can entirely understand why doing endless missions like arbitration could lead people to leaving or not wanting to play. Endless missions like this do not really consist of a challenge unless you're trying for leaderboard scores. The biggest issue with this game is the endless missions as they are mindless missions that everyone says is great! But get stale quickly as they don't have anything in actual, to do.

We all want new content, but with substance beyond endless mission. We want missions that come with meaning, and something much more engaging than becoming a robot.

New content is in the works if people bother to watch devstreams, or overviews.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Considering how much people replay games like DMC, Mega Man, Halo and other classics, maybe trying to clean up the gameplay loop would be a nice start. Those games have orders of magnitude less content than Warframe yet people replay them. A lot. Meanwhile, Warframe's high level gameplay... well, a lot of our 'best' stuff is dancing around elements that make for good gameplay.

So play Warframe the same way, once every year. You just cant compare those things. You guys just have unrealistic expectations.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

These are just 2 examples, and other players made lots of good suggestions aswell.

But as you can see, in this forum just very few care and discuss these ideas.

Instead, topics like this flourish again and again washing everything constructive away in a day.

Do you know why its the case? Because only a negligible part of community wants such content. You want to believe that there is many players like you but in reality there is just a few, such content would be dead on arrival. You complain how the game is easy etc but the truth is that vast majority of players is not able to solo even teralyst. Im not as much as opposed to such content but i just dont see a reason to waste dev time on it. I know i wont be touching it the same way i didnt complete even 1 raid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

So play Warframe the same way, once every year. You just cant compare those things. 

If I was comparing it to the specific gameplay loops, you might have a point. But I'm not - none of those games have the same combat loop as each other or Warframe. What those games do have in common is extremely strong loops, and that keeps players coming back and being satisfied whenever they do. Warframe gets stuff like this guy, who (as many people have pointed out) hasn't even experienced the full range, yet feels there is nothing left to experience that's worthwhile.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Im just going off what OP said. "Nothing left to unlock or grind". Perhaps we have very different reading of that kind of statement. 

That causes players to look up the OPs Profile to try prove a point, you do realize that this is just the same as naming and shaming right and that's against the rules IIRC. Everyone has a statement that is diffident to one another, if you seen the "Dog Days" event topic, you'll kown alot of people will disagree that there is Content Drought. Sure you have things to farm, but Perhaps OP is the type who levels in their own time, not rushes things.  

Likewise for myself, I don't have everything (alteast I don't think I do), but most of the items either don't Interest me, are useless or have no use outside of X Mission.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GaussPrime:

I just hope they announce tomorrow that Gauss is coming this month to PC.. which then results in mid/late fall for consoles.. 😞 the longer they keep him the longer we consoles have to wait.. and I can't wait for him. I love him. I love all of his abilities. I love his design. 

My God can you please stop spamming every thread you can find with your impatience about Gauss no matter if its fitting or not? 🤨

We get it, you want him now and thats fine, but you dilute so many topics with this its really getting annoying.

Btw: all of this made me realize you are CubicClem who changed his name, this should make you think a bit...

vor 47 Minuten schrieb kuciol:

Do you know why its the case? Because only a negligible part of community wants such content. You want to believe that there is many players like you but in reality there is just a few, such content would be dead on arrival. You complain how the game is easy etc but the truth is that vast majority of players is not able to solo even teralyst. Im not as much as opposed to such content but i just dont see a reason to waste dev time on it. I know i wont be touching it the same way i didnt complete even 1 raid. 

i dont know, i think there are a lot...and regarding raids - the mechanics simply havent been really fun and i dont think we should think nobody wants Raids.

Pretty much no one wants Raids as we had them, but good Raids with "normal" Warframe Gameplay but longer missions with probably 8 players again you have to coordinate? i think many people would love that. The 8-player experience with some coordinating was arguably the best thing about Raids, the tasks might have been tedious, confusing or boring, but playing together in a more tactical way was what my Clanmembers and i enjoyed the most.

This could be realized on the OpenWorlds aswell:

Capture Outposts in OV/PoE to trigger something like a Raid:

Zitat

General idea:

• capturing those outposts is the condition to start more difficult and longer missions
  • the players have to capture all outposts first
  • once all Outposts are captured, the Raid-Mission starts

Gameplay:

• we will have to do one main task and a few side tasks

• Main Tasks Example: Massive Extermination
  • we have to kill "all" enemies on the Plains/Orb Vallis
  • this includes large amounts of Mobs and some Mini Bosses like Raknoids or Thumpers
  • there will be a Hotspot, for example a large cave in the Plains or one of the huge Corpus facilities in Orb Vallis (Spaceport for example)

This will be combined with a few side tasks

• Side Task examples:
  • unique defense-missions on the different outposts:
  • On the Orokin Dig Site for example, the portal might open and different enemies might come out of it, we have to push them back and close the portal again
  • Spy Missions that will reward us with information about enemy-locations
  • Sabotage Missions that will weaken the MiniBosses of the Main-tasks

Rewards:

• since capturing the Outposts and the following mission will take some time (30 to 45 minutes) the rewards should be matching the time investment
  • possible rewards are Arcanes, Eidolon Shards, Lazulite Toroids, etc

Again, my main and side-tasks are just examples, a lot is possible here.

All it should show it that we can have a Raid with normal mission which is still engaging and needs some coordinating.

Additionally, depending on what Outpost we capture first/last we could chose the Raid we want to play.

Edited by DreisterDino