Samhel

Why are nullifiers this common?

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

It does.... I've had my Halo removed through walls...

I've been yanked out of the Rift through walls and a solid floor too....

I don't know what version of Warframe you're playing but for me Nullifiers are borderline broken...

Dude, get the video evidence and get that sh!t into a bug report! This is NOT supposed to be happening in 2019, and if it IS the devs need to see it ASAP!

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Dude, get the video evidence and get that sh!t into a bug report! This is NOT supposed to be happening in 2019, and if it IS the devs need to see it ASAP!

Would if I could.... can't so I guess im Screwed....

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

In every mission with nullifiers I've seen, their bubbles go through roofs, floors and walls all the same. Example: Void tileset... any room with two floors. A nullifier on the 2nd floor sometimes has the bubble going through the floor so that it is visible on the ceiling from the first floor. Same with walls sometimes! Touching the bubble in any of these scenarios nullifies abilities.

EDIT: Example 2: Definitely anywhere on Europa... the MC Escher of Warframe tilesets. What a mess!

Edited by nslay

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nslay said:

In every mission with nullifiers I've seen, their bubbles go through roofs, floors and walls all the same. Example: Void tileset... any room with two floors. A nullifier on the 2nd floor sometimes has the bubble going through the floor so that it is visible on the ceiling from the first floor. Same with walls sometimes! Touching the bubble in any of these scenarios nullifies abilities.

EDIT: Example 2: Definitely anywhere on Europa... the MC Escher of Warframe tilesets. What a mess!

the last thing we need is boolean crossbred with nullifier bubbles since they're already hellish to grapple with if you're a client with any lag (they stay in effect because of lag even when they're visually down, is one reason; processing power is the other). and generally the bubble sticking through surfaces means that you can significantly reduce it from behind cover without getting face-to-face with an enemy that can one-shot you on high levels. i don't have a problem with them as long as i don't have to charge into them to take them down while i have long-lasting abilities on

Edited by evilChair

9 hours ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

The difference is that abilities are basically Magic, and Magic is frequently countered by something like a nullifier in many types of sci fi and fantasy.

Also, building around just one type of attack, in any situation, naturally leaves you vulnerable. I have no problem with this in a video game.

Also also, I can’t think of a reason where you would have a load out that’s power based that can’t also have a good gun to handle nullifiers. 

So there's plentiful-anti-magic, so Mages are always vulnerable - But Guns always work, to the highest degree with no such vulnerability.

Most Sci-fies, or fantasies, typically don't have a sword be the solution to every problem without no defense against it, while talking about how "all powerful magic" has numerous defenses. As at that point, they'd question the point of the magic, if the Sword did it just as well, and never failed to work.

Whom have noting to ever be concerned about - since, they aren't ever vulnerable if they're an automatic-user.

You can't think of a reason, where a Gun isn't perfectly capable of handling Nullifiers? Okay, when is that gun that can handle Nullifiers left in the state Abilities were, when the Nullifier arrived.

As the absence of when the Gun isn't the best solution, was the point.

8 minutes ago, Zakaul said:

You can't think of a reason, where a Gun isn't perfectly capable of handling Nullifiers? Okay, when is that gun that can handle Nullifiers left in the state Abilities were, when the Nullifier arrived.

I don’t understand this sentence. 

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

not everyone knows english and some people communicate with google translate as the middle-machine.

• Satisfied 1

12 hours ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

When is a firearm, in the same position as the Ability user against nullifiers.

Any weapon that could kill or man-handle the Nullifier, is usually able to handle any content as well - unlike the abilities, basically.

Which are hard-locked by the Nullifier - requiring the firearm, but not the reverse.

Basically, When is the fully-automatic weapon hard-countered, in the same way abilities are by Nullifiers.

Did that help? I'm not always sure if I've made a loop

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Would if I could.... can't so I guess im Screwed....

What you mean to say is that, yet again, someone has told you how the mechanics of the game actually work and that you're either mistaken or lying and, when pressed for proof, you don't want to provide (because, as usual, you're either mistaken or lying).

At the very least you can type up the bug report and tell them the exact steps it would take to reproduce it. Anything is better than tossing your hands in the air and going, "WELP, I'M SCREWED."

• Applause 3

Posted (edited)
On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎15 at 1:15 PM, Lutesque said:

If you tried to stealth Kill a nullifier with a finisher it will Sprout its bubble and some how that completely negates the finisher....

Uhm... why ? 

This one is a straight up lie.  I stealth kill nullifiers all the time.  Been doing it constantly since back when DE changed them to spawn with the bubble deactivated.  I've done it with dang near every type of melee weapon released since that change and I have not had what you described happen even once in over two years.  

This is including all the times (which is alot) I use Pluto spy to rank up gear using stealth multipliers as well as my normal gameplay.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zakaul said:

When is a firearm, in the same position as the Ability user against nullifiers.

Any weapon that could kill or man-handle the Nullifier, is usually able to handle any content as well - unlike the abilities, basically.

Which are hard-locked by the Nullifier - requiring the firearm, but not the reverse.

Basically, When is the fully-automatic weapon hard-countered, in the same way abilities are by Nullifiers.

Did that help? I'm not always sure if I've made a loop

Ok, that makes more sense now, but it still doesn’t seem relevant to me.

Who says that every specific way powers are debuffed has to happen to weapons in the exact same way? 

I agree that nullifiers are a pretty simple way of preventing power spamming, but Warframe powers are pretty simple as well. There’s no subtle way to defend against magic aim-bot pistols or everyone on the map is now poisoned or electrocuted.

Also, there ARE debuffs for guns. It’s all the different resistances to the different armours and shields and flesh that makes up the enemies. Your mods determine how effective or ineffective your guns will be against certain enemies.

So yeah, it would be nice if there was a more complex and interesting system that governed your powers that allowed for some strategic back and forth with enemies like nullifiers, but I have no idea what that would be or if it would even be fun. 

I’m pretty happy with nullifiers as just giant annoying bubbles that I unload a clip into once in a while.

What I do hate, though, are energy leeches. Forget those dudes. At least give me a sound effect or something to let me know it’s happening.