AlphaPL

Prime Warframes and new players

Hey there i start this topic because when i play on public games i see lot of new players using prime warframes when i ask few of them why they are using this warframe I've  received answer i dont know how to get other frames or why i need to use normal frame when i can use prime one instead but they dont know how to play they are jumping in to sorties rush in to enemies and die and they  start typing why you are not helping me or when i tried to explain few things he answer i know how to play this game f off. I have an idea just increase mr needed to build prime warframes if you that will solve this problem new players will get knowledge about game about normal frames and how to mod to not die instantly

• Haha 7
  • Applause 1

And why exactly do you care about that?
Prime Warframe mean nothing. Most of these players bought them with plat anyways. So if they couldn't get the Prime variant, they would buy the normal version from the market. They would still not know how to play the game.
Your proposal won't change what you are complaining about.

I feel inclined to think that you yourself don't know much about the game if you think that owning prime items would mean that someone knows how the game works...

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

I m mr 20 and i have over 1k hours in game so i know something about it . Why i care because the are loosing huge part of the game and they are too weak for high lv missions. Having prime warframe or prime weapons mean nothing for someone who spend at least 500h in game and have basic mods for basic builds but for new players the are endgame thing and the think if they have them they will become endgame player and even if they buy normal frames they will get knowledge how to use them how to play game 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, AlphaPL said:

and even if they buy normal frames they will get knowledge how to use them how to play game 

Yeah... right... because you can get knowledge only by using the normal version. You can't get knowledge by using the prime version.

2 minutes ago, AlphaPL said:

I m mr 20 and i have over 1k hours in game so i know something about it 

Sorry but not sorry to break it to you: You know nothing, Jon Snow.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

But this is a free to play game, and some of the things they sell to keep the game running are prime vault and prime access, both of which let people spend real money for prime frames. When you buy a frame through either MR doesn't matter.

So increasing MR to build prime frames still wouldn't completely  stop new folks from getting prime frames, and no way is DE going to stop selling prime access and prime vault.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I love my primes, I really do. Just because they usually have some small but neat changes over the regular frames, such as the death orb passive or a little stat buff. And because they're shiny, fashion also counts!

But are they that different from the normal versions? Do they play differently from the regular versions? Do they provide a meaningful advantage over the regular versions? The answer is no, no and no.

And each frame is a character, each one takes some dedication to fully master its skills to a great extent. I know my Loki back and forward since 99% of my starter progression was made with him, so I had to fully master him as a newb. But place an Atlas in my hands, despite many people defending its tankiness, and I'll be the greatest noob since I don't particularly care for him.

That is the main difference regarding player skill in warframe - practice and dedication. Wanna know why? I try to learn how to properly play every frame and use most of them in a regular basis. I like to be creative with the tools I have within the game. Meanwhile my best friend, who I mentored for over a year, refused to stray from his Mesa and Rhino, to forma gear, and to dedicate himself to the game. He'd spend all his plat on cosmetics and rushing because he didn't want to actually bother with the game. He'd skip Gift of the Lotus alerts and Potato/Forma invasions because he could just buy that from the market. The result? A MR25 noob who gave up on the game months ago when he realised I wouldn't carry him trough endgame content (I.e. 3x3+ Eidolons) with his lack of skill and investment.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)Dredd1973 said:

But this is a free to play game, and some of the things they sell to keep the game running are prime vault and prime access, both of which let people spend real money for prime frames. When you buy a frame through either MR doesn't matter.

So increasing MR to build prime frames still wouldn't completely  stop new folks from getting prime frames, and no way is DE going to stop selling prime access and prime vault.

Did i say something about selling prime access and prime vault ? No. Did i say something about lack of skills in using prime warframes and too low mr requirements ? Yes.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, AlphaPL said:

Hey there i start this topic because when i play on public games i see lot of new players using prime warframes when i ask few of them why they are using this warframe I've  received answer i dont know how to get other frames or why i need to use normal frame when i can use prime one instead but they dont know how to play they are jumping in to sorties rush in to enemies and die and they  start typing why you are not helping me or when i tried to explain few things he answer i know how to play this game f off. I have an idea just increase mr needed to build prime warframes if you that will solve this problem new players will get knowledge about game about normal frames and how to mod to not die instantly

5 hours ago, AlphaPL said:

I m mr 20 and i have over 1k hours in game so i know something about it . Why i care because the are loosing huge part of the game and they are too weak for high lv missions. Having prime warframe or prime weapons mean nothing for someone who spend at least 500h in game and have basic mods for basic builds but for new players the are endgame thing and the think if they have them they will become endgame player and even if they buy normal frames they will get knowledge how to use them how to play game 

I think he's more like suggesting if only there's a way that when you go on a mission, you'd be automatically paired (Squad) with players not too distant to your MR level in order to achieve a successful run? and brain-wise cooperative via chat & action? He's just annoyed with newbies having maxed Primed variants that are neglecting mechanics that sabotages his mood for a success run... 

As for the thread, I would generally suggest for you to recruit & host your own squad so that you could probably determine the capability of your team... your suggestion is a little bit absurd and not profit-wise for DE. ^^

• Like 1

I don't see the issue here. The only difference between primes and not are small stats. 

Also, to do sorties I'm fairly certain you have to beat the war within. I have a hard time believing that it's common to go get that far and still not have a clue how to build a warframe.

You could just solo everything. I do that all the time when it's spy missions.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, my whole response to this can be summed up with the simple point of: Why not just not judge people based on MR or which frame they're playing at that MR?

My first Prime frame was acquired when I was MR3 because I'd joined a clan that liked Void runs (back in the Key era), and there's no problem with that.

• Like 2

Where are all these angry players I read about? I want to get in on some of these great convos. I like tilting trolls (and sometimes being one). I feel left out. All my random squads have been civil all these years. Anyone got any tips?

11 hours ago, The_Mustachio said:

Anyone got any tips?

Play Limbo on Exterminate missions, you're bound to find something there ^^

Noob here, actually I got my primed by farming at this point it's not so difficult to get primes, actually it's easier than normal ones, when you look at chroma equinox and so.

It's not the frame but the players what I learned in dog days was that many are actually bad at fps and don't bother to do basic things like  learning Patterson's or play with caution.

Yesterday I was in Saturn defense misión with nekros and all the party was trashing how nekros it's lame and hydroid tentacles are the best for brain death gaming, I agree that nekros can be better but they were like tentacles are the best, at that point bombards started to spam, I ended up reviving half of the party that were just dying rushing into bombards and gunners in wave 25.

So yeah the issue it's mostly player mindset more than having or not primes.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, prodi1600 said:

So yeah the issue it's mostly player mindset more than having or not primes.

Hey, I'll emphasise this bit a little more for the rest of you.

MR is just 'how much stuff you have', it's neither a measure of player skill, nor a measure of a player's attitude towards the game. While there are some assumptions you can make, such as somebody who is less than 100 hours in being MR 20 means they've no-lifed the levelling and maybe bought a few bundles and boosters to get things going.

But that's about it. I'm MR27 and while I'm good at this game, I know plenty of people better, and I've seen plenty of people at MR27 that are a lot, lot worse.

It's completely down to the player themselves. A good player can compensate for a bad frame, but a good frame doesn't compensate for a bad player. I play Zephyr, a lot, and I can take her to nearly every mission I want, if I want, whether public or solo because I know the frame, I know the game, and I know the things that make it all work. But that doesn't mean I can't be out-done by a simple MR14 with a base Excal who just plays better than I do.

It's not the frames, it's the players, and when and where they acquire their frames isn't an indication of that.

• Satisfied 1

Le 15/08/2019 à 10:48, AlphaPL a dit :

Except that Prime stuff is kind of early/mid game. You are even more funny to suggest that some MR could mean anything in term of skill. Hydron is a thing, if you've never heard of it in 1000 hours sad for you. 

Le 15/08/2019 à 16:22, FerockQuartz a dit :

I think he's more like suggesting if only there's a way that when you go on a mission, you'd be automatically paired (Squad) with players not too distant to your MR level in order to achieve a successful run? and brain-wise cooperative via chat & action? He's just annoyed with newbies having maxed Primed variants that are neglecting mechanics that sabotages his mood for a success run... 

As for the thread, I would generally suggest for you to recruit & host your own squad so that you could probably determine the capability of your team... your suggestion is a little bit absurd and not profit-wise for DE. ^^

The good thing about the game is that there's not a single thing you can't carry by yourself. If someone is annoyed by new players, maybe they're themselves the problem?

I've been using the recruitment chat, it doesn't mean anything about skill... A chroma with 0%dps in trio is one of the many examples of this. You get the frames you want in your team, that's a thing but the end result can always be terrible.

Le 15/08/2019 à 21:16, Birdframe_Prime a dit :

Honestly, my whole response to this can be summed up with the simple point of: Why not just not judge people based on MR or which frame they're playing at that MR?

My first Prime frame was acquired when I was MR3 because I'd joined a clan that liked Void runs (back in the Key era), and there's no problem with that.

Because MR is not skilled based, it's timed based, because most people do it in Hydron afk watching youtube while a nuker do the job. You don't learn a thing by raising MR.

The only way to judge someone is to play with them and figure out that way.

And no there's nothing wrong to get a prime at MR3 even if op feels like it should be some kind of elite equipment of sort.

il y a 52 minutes, Birdframe_Prime a dit :

Hey, I'll emphasise this bit a little more for the rest of you.

MR is just 'how much stuff you have', it's neither a measure of player skill, nor a measure of a player's attitude towards the game. While there are some assumptions you can make, such as somebody who is less than 100 hours in being MR 20 means they've no-lifed the levelling and maybe bought a few bundles and boosters to get things going.

But that's about it. I'm MR27 and while I'm good at this game, I know plenty of people better, and I've seen plenty of people at MR27 that are a lot, lot worse.

It's completely down to the player themselves. A good player can compensate for a bad frame, but a good frame doesn't compensate for a bad player. I play Zephyr, a lot, and I can take her to nearly every mission I want, if I want, whether public or solo because I know the frame, I know the game, and I know the things that make it all work. But that doesn't mean I can't be out-done by a simple MR14 with a base Excal who just plays better than I do.

It's not the frames, it's the players, and when and where they acquire their frames isn't an indication of that.

Nicely said ;)

On 2019-08-15 at 6:31 AM, AlphaPL said:

Did i say something about selling prime access and prime vault ? No. Did i say something about lack of skills in using prime warframes and too low mr requirements ? Yes.

*suggests raising prime warframe MR crafting requirements*

*Player explains why the prime vault/access makes this idea not functional*

*tells player that his explanation is irrelevant to the post*
87d.jpg

ok troll try harder with better bait next time

• Satisfied 1

On 2019-08-15 at 9:19 AM, AlphaPL said:

It's a shame most new players just spend money on the game and buy all the prime vaults and primes from other players.

(When I had to start again from my xbox to pc account everyone thought I was braindead and tried overcharging me for primes, I honestly don't know why people do that).

But most new players do this cycle:

1. Choose warframes poster boy excalibur as a starter frame

2. Buy a non-prime frame with plat because they don't know how to get a non-prime frame (killing the same boss grind)

3. Find out about prime frames

4. Get scammed by a MR20 and pay 300-500 plat for primed version of either the frame they bought with plat or their starter

5. Keep spending money

6. Have nothing to grind for

7. Lose interest.

8. Stop playing

• Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-15 at 3:22 PM, FerockQuartz said:

Warframe hasn't got enough players for that

Most missions I play there is usually only 1 open squad

Edited by WoodedSkate89
  • Haha 1

Yea don't try to carve player toxicity out of warframe

It doesn't have it

The game's too boring to have any challenge to ignite any toxic behaviour 

On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎15 at 7:31 AM, AlphaPL said:

You do know that buying Prime access completely bypasses all MR requirements, right.  Which leads back to the below quote...

On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎15 at 3:48 AM, AlphaPL said:

I m mr 20 and i have over 1k hours in game so i know something about it . 

Which means you really know NOTHING, Jon Snow.  Because increasing the MR requirement for Primes wouldn't stop low level or inexperienced players from having Prime frames.  

• Upvote 1

On 2019-08-15 at 5:19 AM, AlphaPL said:

You should work that english before creating posts, nobody will understand your proposed ideas unless they're literal gods of translation.

8 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Most missions I play there is usually only 1 open squad

You know that just means that there's only one squad with an extra spot available and also set to Public, right? There's 40,000 players on daily on Steam alone, let alone the consoles or those that don't use the Steam launcher.

Your 'only one squad available' doesn't account for maybe another 10 to 80 squads or solos running that mission that you can't join because they're full or set to invite/friends/solo.

• Applause 1

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You know that just means that there's only one squad with an extra spot available and also set to Public, right? There's 40,000 players on daily on Steam alone, let alone the consoles or those that don't use the Steam launcher.

Your 'only one squad available' doesn't account for maybe another 10 to 80 squads or solos running that mission that you can't join because they're full or set to invite/friends/solo.

True, but console has nothing to do with it seeing how there's no crossplay. And if they wanted to make it MR similar matchmaking they would need way more than 40k players a day

• Haha 1