Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes and new players

AlphaPL

15 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Every new player isn't like that. You want a massive change done because of your bad experience 

Not only that, but a very juvenile, isolated experience.   

Sounds like he is upset over pay-to-play and calling it something much different.   Even going so far as to make himself seem calm..... in the beginning. 😂

Edited by (XB1)Funk711

6 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

And if they wanted to make it MR similar matchmaking they would need way more than 40k players a day

That is something that DE will never want to do, because (as is one of the most common points that needs to be pointed out on this Forums and across this entire game) MR is not any kind of indicator of skill.

MR is an indicator of how much stuff you have. There is nothing in the MR system that says how skilled you are, your attitude towards the game, your understanding of even the most basic concepts of the game.

There are also no stats that the game records that could ever make matchmaking even vaguely based on player skill. So all of OP's desires to not only judge books by their covers, but other players' desires to only play the game with those that are as good as they are in the vein of a skill-ranked shooter, are just... not going to work ^^

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

That is something that DE will never want to do, because (as is one of the most common points that needs to be pointed out on this Forums and across this entire game) MR is not any kind of indicator of skill.

MR is an indicator of how much stuff you have. There is nothing in the MR system that says how skilled you are, your attitude towards the game, your understanding of even the most basic concepts of the game.

There are also no stats that the game records that could ever make matchmaking even vaguely based on player skill. So all of OP's desires to not only judge books by their covers, but other players' desires to only play the game with those that are as good as they are in the vein of a skill-ranked shooter, are just... not going to work ^^

I semi agree with the statement that MR isn't an indicator of skill.

Because MR8's and above are usually quite good players.

But I argue this point strongly:

You will never find a non-smurf MR0 who is better than a 3k hours MR27. You just won't...

2 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

You will never find a non-smurf MR0 who is better than a 3k hours MR27. You just won't...

Uhhhh, you do know that some Vets do start Alt Accounts right?  When you take that into account, you can and will see a MR 0 who is better than a MR25 or higher.  i know this to be a case as I myself have done this and i know a few more others who also have Alt accounts that they keep at very low MR. 

23 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhhhh, you do know that some Vets do start Alt Accounts right?  When you take that into account, you can and will see a MR 0 who is better than a MR25 or higher.  i know this to be a case as I myself have done this and i know a few more others who also have Alt accounts that they keep at very low MR. 

I literally just said a non smurf. Read it next time

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

I DID read.  Smurf to me is a a little blue cartoon character from the late 70's early 80's.  

I see the confusion. There are multiple names for a alternate account.

Smurf and Alt are the most common names but there are others.

From context you should've been able to get that that is what smurf means

1 minute ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I see the confusion. There are multiple names for a alternate account.

Smurf and Alt are the most common names but there are others.

From context you should've been able to get that that is what smurf means

You assume too much.  That's not a good thing.  😛 

12 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I found an MR 22 back when max rank was MR 22 that believed (honestly believed and tried to prove it) that Sprinting in Survival drained more Life Support than Walking. His account had about 2.5k hours in it at the time, and that was probably because of his habit of walking through Survivals.

When MR 25 was max, I found a guy that argued with me for an entire mission that Life Support in Survival stacked beyond 100% and if he popped a pod at 90% it would take 30 seconds before it dropped below 100% (because 20% = 30 seconds) and then rage-quit when I told him to prove it, and it took just over a second to tick from 100 to 99.

I have some pretty solid stories about high-ranking, long-running players that have less knowledge about the game than the average MR 4 should have.

In a sense you can't find a non-smurf account lower than MR 8 that is better than a long running max MR player, but you can find a long running max MR player that is worse than a non-smurf lower than MR 8 player.

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I found an MR 22 back when max rank was MR 22 that believed (honestly believed and tried to prove it) that Sprinting in Survival drained more Life Support than Walking. His account had about 2.5k hours in it at the time, and that was probably because of his habit of walking through Survivals.

When MR 25 was max, I found a guy that argued with me for an entire mission that Life Support in Survival stacked beyond 100% and if he popped a pod at 90% it would take 30 seconds before it dropped below 100% (because 20% = 30 seconds) and then rage-quit when I told him to prove it, and it took just over a second to tick from 100 to 99.

I have some pretty solid stories about high-ranking, long-running players that have less knowledge about the game than the average MR 4 should have.

In a sense you can't find a non-smurf account lower than MR 8 that is better than a long running max MR player, but you can find a long running max MR player that is worse than a non-smurf lower than MR 8 player.

I stand corrected...

5 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I like your wording for that better than mine.  I will admit to enjoying the comments by other players when I play my very low MR alt account.  It cracks me up.  

On 2019-08-15 at 3:19 AM, AlphaPL said:

Hey there i start this topic because when i play on public games i see lot of new players using prime warframes when i ask few of them why they are using this warframe I've  received answer i dont know how to get other frames or why i need to use normal frame when i can use prime one instead but they dont know how to play they are jumping in to sorties rush in to enemies and die and they  start typing why you are not helping me or when i tried to explain few things he answer i know how to play this game f off. I have an idea just increase mr needed to build prime warframes if you that will solve this problem new players will get knowledge about game about normal frames and how to mod to not die instantly

you do not need to change any of this. you need to learn more about how to play the game.

On 2019-08-15 at 3:48 AM, AlphaPL said:

I m mr 20 and i have over 1k hours in game so i know something about it .  

i consider almost all people newbs until they have at least 3K hours in mission, not steam.  until they you're usually living in a false sense of thinking you know something, when really, you know at best a sliver of info.

yes, you know the  basics of how to wall run, and what an elemental combo is.  congrats... that means you aren't fresh off the boat and you're not likely to be a huge burden by  making we wait a full minute on extract for you, but you're still going to be running behind me doing practically nothing for most of the missions and i'll be surprised if you break double digits in damage without relying on a nuke frame, and even then, I still out dps nuke frames regularly.  It by know means indicates that you're experienced enough to speak as an authority about most things.

Granted, there are always exceptions to rules, but generally speaking, it's pretty good to have a sliver of humility if you aren't a well established authority on a given subject, and 1000K hours and mr 20 is not that.

bear in mind, i have 5K in mission hours, and max mr, and run a large clan with a decked out dojo.  i still don't know everything.  i have a pretty good idea about most things, but i still learn stuff now and then.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-17 at 10:32 PM, WoodedSkate89 said:

true, but if you intentionally forced a friend to remain mr0 for a long amount of time for laughs, they could still easily 6-7 forma a bog standard braton/aklato/dual skana and easily deal with any starchart content, its not like there is anything vital that needs vastly superior weapons, they just help clear things quicker, but they arent needed, same for operators/arcanes/amps/etc.