Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sacrifice first Somachord Fragment not present?

Gendalph

Talked to some people who have all of these fragments:

• The Sacrifice Somachord fragments are guaranteed to spawn if you don't have them scanned yet
  • Fragments always spawn at the same spot
  • Fragments were added to Sacrifice after its initial release

I haven't touched The Sacrifice after its initial release, so I should have had 0 progress on fragments. I've ran that mission twice four times, but didn't get the fragment.

What's the intended behavior?

Edited by Gendalph
ran mission two more times

I was repeating this quest line for somachords just recently.

I wasn't able to get any somachords from the 1st mission. I even tried aborting the mission and retrying. And no somachords in 1st mission. The same behavior occurred on other missions as well; no somachords, but i did find cephalon fragments.

I don't remember exactly how many times I played those missions, but I did quest line 4-6 times and individual missions were aborted and replayed almost 10 times per quest line, until in the 4th mission I found 1st somachord apparently in random location. After that no somachords in the rest of the quest line, but in the new quest line the rest somachords were exactly where they should be.

For me it looks like getting 1st fragment is bugged; It does not appear where it should be, or there is way too low roll chance for it to appear. If you are lucky/persistent enough you can find it in random cephalon location throughout the rest of the quest line.

14 hours ago, teardroppixie said:

I don't remember exactly how many times I played those missions, but I did quest line 4-6 times and individual missions were aborted and replayed almost 10 times per quest line, until in the 4th mission I found 1st somachord apparently in random location. After that no somachords in the rest of the quest line, but in the new quest line the rest somachords were exactly where they should be.

My clanmate told me that the whole Sacrifice had exactly one Somachord fragment for a while, which makes tones unobtainable, because according to Wiki:

Somachord Fragments can be found in each mission except for the last, with predetermined positions. The fragments must be scanned in mission order; if players miss a fragment, they are required to replay the quest. Your Creator requires two scans from the first two missions, while To Take Its Pain Away requires three scans from the third, fourth, and fifth missions.

• 2 weeks later...