Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soloing bounties.

nebfab

Question

OK, I'm quite far along the chart, but in the open maps a baby seal probably has better survivability than me. I do not want to team on those maps because of my PC problems (it crashes fairly often on those maps and I don't want to annoy other players by constant disconnects. Not to mention that with the event on, my spot in the Vallis is likely gone by the time I reconnect anyway.) And, frankly, I don't like to team. (Why look like an idiot who can't play in front of others?)

Then I learned (after the spoiler quest) that the only way to get more focus lenses is... Yeah, bounties (or real money)

I guess there;s no advice here other than "git gud," "get a better PC" (it's just above the minimum req and is in fact a Linux box, using custom SteamPlay build to launch the game, which adds up to this not being a game's problem) "get those event mods next time," and "not earning focus won't gimp you all THAT much later" I'm just venting. Back to grinding for better mods, discovering after a few hours I'm still a baby seal in bounties, rinsing, repeating...

But If anyone has any ideas besides that I'd be thankful.

Edited by nebfab

16 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, nebfab said:

OK, I'm quite far along the chart, but in the open maps a baby seal probably has better survivability than me

Look up builds online / upgrade the mods you own further for increased survivability (like more health & armor, don't worry much about shields)

8 minutes ago, nebfab said:

Then I learned (after the spoiler quest) that the only way to get more focus lenses is... Yeah, bounties (or real money)

Or by trading them with other players.

8 minutes ago, nebfab said:

"git gud,"

Just takes time.

9 minutes ago, nebfab said:

"get a better PC" (it's just above the minimum req and is in fact a Linux box, using custom SteamPlay build to launch the game, which adds up to this not being a game's problem)

It would obviously work but budget may be an issue.

9 minutes ago, nebfab said:

"get those event mods next time,"

Are you referring to the Thermia event? On Youtube, look for "Warframe Thermia Cheese" for some idea on making your life easier.

10 minutes ago, nebfab said:

"not earning focus won't gimp you all THAT much later"

It's very easy to farm focus solo in various locations once you have a few lenses.

11 minutes ago, nebfab said:

But If anyone has any ideas besides that I'd be thankful.

Having trouble surviving... Get rhino. He is one of the best to help newer players. Half way decent build on frame and weapon and the t5 bounty shouldn't be an issue. Can also get specters from spy missions so you have a "teammate". If anything they are good decoys.

14 minutes ago, nebfab said:

bounties

FWIW, my go-to Frame for regular Bounties (and also Fractures) is a high-Duration Nova,
makes dealing with enemies streaming in from all directions much more managable (also yay Enemy Radar Mods),
and she's even pretty durable, at 300% Duration, her 1 gives 90% damage reduction to her Health.

E.g. Zephyr is also quite fun / useful for most Free Roam content (I even solo'd my first Teralyst with her lol),
a Frame with a diverse kit that not least includes stationary defense like Frost can make your life a lot easier,
Rhino is great for lots of content and this is no exception, you could try an invis Frames like Ash or Octavia, ...

But yeah, better Mods certainly play no small part in your general performance.

Edited by NinjaZeku

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

You can farm plat to buy lens from others.

Also, bounties are much easier solo. In pub, there's always at least one dead-weight in the team.

Which warframes are you using? What's their build? Which weapons are you taking to open worlds?

Excalibur and Wukong Prime are @lvl 30, both with the reactor and adapter, had a rotten luck with getting the last Rhino blueprint (40 runs or so) but It will be built day after tomorrow, I built several other frames bu7t didn't play them much yet. Weapon-wise I have Broken War, and Guandao with semi-decent damage (300-ish physical, and ~2*300 elemental) I'm still finding guns I like enough to get catalysts for them (MR7.)

Mods. Random trash. I just got a non-flawed Serration, still didn't fully upgrade it. Which is about the same with all other mods. It's OK in the chart though.

Edited by nebfab

5 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Are you referring to the Thermia event? On Youtube, look for "Warframe Thermia Cheese" for some idea on making your life easier.

I did. All I've seen depend on the mods I don't have. 😞  (Though I'm making effort to farm some of them) I still don't have un-flaved Flow or Continuity even.

1 minute ago, nebfab said:

I did. All I've seen depend on the mods I don't have. 😞  (Though I'm making effort to farm some of them) I still don't have un-flaved Flow or Continuity even.

I can hook you up. (Sidenote: being in a good clan can also help a lot with getting new stuff, whether it's grinding together or just trading)

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

10 minutes ago, nebfab said:

OK, I'm quite far along the chart, but in the open maps a baby seal probably has better survivability than me. I do not want to team on those maps because of my PC problems (it crashes fairly often on those maps and I don't want to annoy other players by constant disconnects. Not to mention that with the event on, my spot in the Vallis is likely gone by the time I reconnect anyway.) And, frankly, I don't like to team. (Why look like an idiot who can't play in front of others?)

As long as you have a well-equipped frame and gear there's nothing bad doing solo for bounties. Focus Lense(s) can be trade  with platinum which is earn-able by just selling your prime junks.

You only do team-up on Big Boss hunts (PoE => Teralyst, Gantulyst, Hydrolyst; OV => Exploiter Orbs, Profit Taker Orb).

7 minutes ago, nebfab said:

I just got a non-flawed Serration, still do\idn't fully upgrade it. Which is about the same with all other mods. It's OK in the chart though.

Well, I see a big problem here, serration/point blank/hornet strike/pressure point are those mods you WANT maxed. After those the multishot mods, then depending on the weapon the criteria mods, 90 elemental or 60/60 elemental. Be also sure to build the right elements for the enemies you fight.

4 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

I can hook you up. (Sidenote: being in a good clan can also help a lot with getting new stuff, whether it's grinding together or just trading)

Thanks, But I'll try to grind them myself. I want pride and accomplishment I guess. A clan... The one I'm in is tiny with most people being offline, at any moment, but I'm sort of reluctant to look for a busier one just yet. 

2 minutes ago, nebfab said:

Thanks, But I'll try to grind them myself. I want pride and accomplishment I guess. A clan... The one I'm in is tiny with most people being offline, at any moment, but I'm sort of reluctant to look for a busier one just yet. 

Prefer a clan that's near your location/country.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

Well, I see a big problem here, serration/point blank/hornet strike/pressure point are those mods you WANT maxed. After those the multishot mods, then depending on the weapon the criteria mods, 90 elemental or 60/60 elemental. Be also sure to build the right elements for the enemies you fight.

Yea. Serration I just haven't gotten around to yet because I was levelling shotguns when I got it. (point blank and pressure point are maxed, but I still only have flawed hornet.) I have maxed elemental mods, though, again, not a full set for pistols.

3 minutes ago, nebfab said:

I would give them to you unranked, the accomplishment can come from ranking them up. There's so much to grind for in this game...you'll have that feeling regardless.
As for a clan, a good clan can teach you a lot. And a good dojo has a very large amount of blueprints etc that will prove useful. If you stop being reluctant, we have room 😉

Looking at your later comments. The amalgam mods aren’t that great. So don’t stress about getting them all this week when the thermia fracture comes back around once a month. Your progress from each return is remembered so you won’t have to start over or anything. 

Do a fracture here and there, but mostly just get the nondamaged mods that you will actually use and the endo to need for upgrading them.  

2 minutes ago, Gibsonx said:

Looking at your later comments. The amalgam mods aren’t that great. So don’t stress about getting them all this week when the thermia fracture comes back around once a month. Your progress from each return is remembered so you won’t have to start over or anything. 

Do a fracture here and there, but mostly just get the nondamaged mods that you will actually use and the endo to need for upgrading them.  

Weirdly enough endo isn't an issue, thanks Nora for making me search "sculpture farming tips" 😄 It's just mods themselves.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement 🙂