Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Woes...

RyojinOrion

I've got some gripes about the Stalker...

First of all, when he appears... Most of the time he names a boss I haven't faced in a long time, or not at all. For example, last time I saw him, he told me I won't get away with the murder of Kril, even though I don't even have that mission unlocked yet, let alone completed.

Second, I find him quite difficult to defeat all on my own, and he seems to appear exclusively when I play solo... So I simply do as much damage as I can, then run like hell and let the NPCs kill him for me. Funny thing is, the group that killed him tends to be no match at all for me, even if they haven't taken any damage at all before I face them myself. In the end, it feels like a hollow victory, to be honest, and that isn't something that one should feel when the Stalker is defeated, IMO. [EDIT] Since I did not make it perfectly clear, let me do so now: I do NOT mean to say that the Stalker is too hard, and I don't particularly give a damn about strategies on defeating him. My point is that I should not be able to just run into the next room and wait for the enemy NPCs to do my work for me, especially when the NPCs that do my work for me don't stand anything resembling a chance against me when I am generally weaker than the Stalker.

Third, when he dies... Does he only drop Slash Dash? Because that is the only thing I have ever gotten from him. Saw him killed five times this week alone, and each time he only dropped Slash Dash, which is completely useless to me.

Edited by RyojinOrion

1. If he names Kril or another boss you haven't beaten, it's because of an alert boss you have done before.

2. Certain frames best him easier. A frame with Invisibility can just pop it quickly and kill him while he has no idea.

Certain weapons are much more effective as well. A Strun Wraith can kill him in a few shots.

3. No. He has a small chance to drop the blueprints of his signature weapons, Dread, Despair or Hate.

Tip: If he spawns, jump onto a crate or a wall, then he can't slash dash you.

Making it much easier to beat him.

Edited by EganMC

1. If he names Kril or another boss you haven't beaten, it's because of an alert boss you have done before.

2. Certain frames best him easier. A frame with Invisibility can just pop it quickly and kill him while he has no idea.

Certain weapons are much more effective as well. A Strun Wraith can kill him in a few shots.

3. No. He has a small chance to drop the blueprints of his signature weapons, Dread, Despair or Hate.

1. Ah. Makes sense, I suppose.

2. That is beside the point. The point is that I should not be able to just run into the next room and wait for the enemy NPCs to do my work for me, especially when the NPCs that do my work for me don't stand anything resembling a chance against me when I am generally weaker than the Stalker.

I suppose a secondary point to that (Even though it was said first) is that he seems to show up for me only when I play solo. I can only think of one time when he showed up for me online. That's prolly just down to RNG, though, so I'm not too fussed with it.

3. That was a rhetorical question. Suppose I should have worded it better so that it would be more obvious. I know he has a chance to drop those blueprints, but if he doesn't, he should drop something other than Slash Dash. Now for a non-rhetorical question: He has other frame abilities, why not drop those as well? Why just the weapons and Slash Dash? Or is RNG just screwing with me again?

Edited by RyojinOrion

1. Ah. Makes sense, I suppose.

2. That is beside the point. The point is that I should not be able to just run into the next room and wait for the enemy NPCs to do my work for me, especially when the NPCs that do my work for me don't stand anything resembling a chance against me when I am generally weaker than the Stalker.

I suppose a secondary point to that (Even though it was said first) is that he seems to show up for me only when I play solo. I can only think of one time when he showed up for me online. That's prolly just down to RNG, though, so I'm not too fussed with it.

3. That was a rhetorical question. Suppose I should have worded it better so that it would be more obvious. I know he has a chance to drop those blueprints, but if he doesn't, he should drop something other than Slash Dash. Now for a non-rhetorical question: He has other frame abilities, why not drop those as well? Why just the weapons and Slash Dash? Or is RNG just screwing with me again?

As far as I know, he only drops Slash Dash or Heavy Impact. That's all I've seen anyway.

I think his blueprints are a 10% chance, so RNG is being evil for you. I got despair on my very first kill of him.

Tactic can beat the stalker above certain frames or powerful weapons.

When you play a frame that has no useful ability vs the Stalker, such as Volt, you need to maintain distance and preferably get the high ground to escape his slash dash. When he's forced to use his how, you can shimmy left and right repeatedly to dodge his shots while maintaining decent accuracy with whatever weapon you use yourself.

Edited by EganMC

Tactic can beat the stalker above certain frames or powerful weapons.

When you play a frame that has no useful ability vs the Stalker, such as Volt, you need to maintain distance and preferably get the high ground to escape his slash dash. When he's forced to use his how, you can shimmy left and right repeatedly to dodge his shots while maintaining decent accuracy with whatever weapon you use yourself.

Again, that's beside the point.

2. Necros 3 or 4 fully maxed out soul punch, and he's done.

3. the drop rate has dropped a lot since the blueprint drops first started.

Personally, I agree that you shouldn't be able to just run off into the next room and let Random Grineers #587-595 shoot him to pieces. Think that means his AI needs work - as he's tried to Slash Dash me when I was literally three stories straight up from him, that's pretty obvious to begin with.

Of course, I also think that he needs to be reconsidered in general; if he kills you, you Revive and run on, and it's not even a problem unless you're either bad at the game, running a lowbie/undermodded frame, or doing Nightmare Mode and getting the 'No Shields, No Energy, Totally Not Hamhanded Attempt To Force Stealth Play' complication. If you kill him, you get Slash Dash and/or maybe a blueprint. In summary: He has minimal effect beyond "Oh boy, maybe I'll get something neat if I kill this tough enemy. Probably not, though. I'll probably get a mod for Excalibur's #1 skill. ... Why am I doing this again?"

There's not even a logical reason, as far as I can tell, for him to be trying to avenge some of the bosses he tries to avenge, whether they've been killed or not - he was last attacking me over 'Golem,' and as the only 'Golems' in the game are J-2000 Golem/Lephantis and J-3 Golem, both Infested, I'm really not sure why this was something he was doing. He probably just hasn't been reworked in a while, and doesn't know any better.

Also: as for him attacking over Alert bosses? I've never done an Alert that had Kril as a target. Or anything resembling Kril. If I've fought Kril, in fact, it was before the account reset, as I don't even have the fight with Kril unlocked. People have suggested that this may be due to fighting the Hyena.