The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assimilate and Nyx's Abilities

PopTartZombie

Nyx is actually pretty well rounded, can't wipe low level enemies, but her ability to turn a battlefield into chaotic friendly fire induced hysteria is pretty good. Mostly when applied anywhere other than the more grindy mass murdery type missions.

My feedback as of now as far as figuring out Nyx and a good way to make Nyx more of a well rounded frame.

Step one. Remove the limitation for armor stripping, as Mag does this but 1000x better.

Step two. Change the one mind control limit to 4-6 allowing a more consistent amount of converted "help".

Step three. Chaos if fine.

Step four. Give absorb innate assimilate 15%/30%/45% movement.

By doing this you'll need to change assimilate and make people angryeryer. Ahh, I can already hear the fanboys screams. Like a symphony. Back to the feedback. Maybe nerf assimilate it's self being 15/20/25% movement. Maybe add an additional change, giving assimilate a base 5k dmg towards absorbs startup. Giving a baseline to the reflection damage, and giving the opportunity to increase movement with assimilate, making it optional.

Edited by PopTartZombie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PopTartZombie said:

Step one. Remove the limitation for armor stripping, as Mag does this but 1000x better.

um, what limitation exactly? seeing as Psychic Bolts is easily 100% of Armor, Shields, and disables some Auras.
Mag is able to do that with an Augment, but Nyx is getting this for free.

13 minutes ago, taiiat said:

um, what limitation exactly? seeing as Psychic Bolts is easily 100% of Armor, Shields, and disables some Auras.

He ment that Nyx can only strip up to 6 targets only. If you want to strip other targets you have to recast the ability but lose the armor strip of the previous targets.

34 minutes ago, EpicD said:

He ment that Nyx can only strip up to 6 targets only. If you want to strip other targets you have to recast the ability but lose the armor strip of the previous targets.

however, you don't need to Equip an Augment to do it, so ¯\(ツ)/¯

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

3 hours ago, EpicD said:

Removing the up to 6 limit. Cast cost should be the nerf. Mag has a lot more powerful semi-direct damage tools at her disposal. Nyx needs a lot less cons vs pros to be brought back up to speed. I like the direction theyre going, yet I'm not seeing the frames persona yet, let alone a feel for what playstyle Nyx is intended to be. Right now, shes good at not dying and beat around the bush cc.

5 minutes ago, PopTartZombie said:

Removing the up to 6 limit. Cast cost should be the nerf. Mag has a lot more powerful semi-direct damage tools at her disposal. Nyx needs a lot less cons vs pros to be brought back up to speed. I like the direction theyre going, yet I'm not seeing the frames persona yet, let alone a feel for what playstyle Nyx is intended to be. Right now, shes good at not dying and beat around the bush cc.

i can only say again that to do what Psychic Bolts does, Mag has to Equip an Augment. Nyx doesn't. is 6 Enemies not as convenient as no practical limit? yes. but it's more effective than Fracturing Crush since it covers more than just Armor.
granted i was hoping and still do want Pschic Bolts to nullify bonus Eximus Resistances and maybe even Sortie bonus Resistances, as then it would be pretty absurdly powerful in the sense of covering many types of Enemy Buffs / Player Debuffs that nothing else in the game currently even is capable of affecting.
but even without that you have an effect that is already stronger than the suggested comparison, and doesn't cost a Mod Slot. so having a limitation elsewhere is not surprising.

If Nyx could Mind Control so many enemies, why would you bother to cast Chaos? Is the Mind Control to be cast manually for each target? Assuming the former, isn't this energy intensive?

Regardless, you get situations like the following: Using Revenant as an example, with casting his Enthrall and its ability to self-propogate, gives a very similar effect to Chaos. In fact, it is probably superior given that the affected enemies don't even shoot at you if you get too close.

At any rate, some of this depends on how you are playing but the effects are similar. I can go for very long stretches of time and never get touched as Revenant as all the enemies are busy with each other.

I'm fine with a Mind Control buff if we could turn Chaos into something else. I'm not married to it.

Also, Absorb is so horrible, I'm not sure I would use it even if the augment was baked into it. I never used Assimilate in the entirety of the time I played Nyx. I'd prefer something else entirely.

Thanks for the feedback regardless. The more of these threads that show up, the more likely she is to see some future salvation.

Edited by ArcKnight9202