Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Morse Code in Ludoplex ambient sound?

captainHalide

Question

Hey, so while goofing about in my decorating, I clipped into my ludoplex for a bit and noticed something.  If you're very, very close or inside the ludoplex, there's an arrhythmic beeping sound that kinda resembles morse code.  It's pretty rapid-fire though, and not being at all versed in morse I can't figure it out, but has anyone figured out if there's a message in there?

16 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, megalomaniacalHalide said:

there's an arrhythmic beeping sound that kinda resembles morse code.

Do you mean the noise when you are interacting with it and viewing the 'games'? That just sounds like random noises to me, not at all like there would be a morse code message.

1 hour ago, NoSpax said:

Ok, it has a morse code type signal around 996-1000hz (it's picked up using some filters by CWGET), there is a sound mixed in reminiscent of Robot 36.

But all are garbage - unless I have been doing it wrong.

This isn't my question but I dig cryptography and thinks it's pretty cool you hunted this down. Well done😄

Well, there could be something though. All I did check was Morse and SSTV - the obvious choices when it comes to gaming.

There are a lot more radio protocols I don't know of. The "morse" code could be a sync or "clock signal" for the payload in other frequencies.

The sound file is in Stereo, means one data is in left, the other in right channels. For some reason, when played, the volume indicators both wiggle unnatural.

Am 21.8.2019 um 18:44 schrieb nebfab:

RTTY? It sounds like very fast Morse code...

Well, I would need to get some software for that.

It's a little hard for me to get a clean sample, even with music turned off. Most annoying thing is the ambient noise, you cannot avoid.

edit: I bet the Ludoplex is a Red Herring. Why hide something there, if there is actually an ingame radio.

Right now, my Liset is orbiting Sedna and there is somehow complete radio silence except Nightwave.

I bet, depending where your ship is orbiting, you get different intercepted radio transmissions and that is what we may look for.

nvm, forced chatter by turning on/off in options. no morse so far though, except 3 beep VOX.

Edited by NoSpax
  • Like 1

Because I happen to get a radio transmission with no chatter but faint beeps.. It was during the halloween event.

Caught me off-guard, because right now it's either Nightwave talk or some Grineer talking or some Grineer with fighting noises in the back. I can't verify that though, I am not at home over the weekend 😞

Edited by NoSpax