Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Purple Mystery Boxes!

Prekatt

So I was running around the new Gas City tileset awhile ago and found a weird purple container.  Er, the container is grey, but it has purply lights on it.  Anyway, I just kinda saw it and was all, "Oh, that's cool."
But I found another one, and now I can't help but wonder if there's something more to these things.
Since I haven't found a thread about them, I figured I'd start one for people to share info and/or theories for fun.

Here's quick pics of the two I've seen:
One
Two

So, here's what I know:
They don't appear to respond to anything.  Scanners, attacks, attempts at interaction, collision, ect.
They act like part of the tile (which makes sense since they're reskins of one of the tile props anyway).
They're in out of the way places.  They...seem mysterious?  Yeah, I don't know much.
Oh!  These two also show up in tiles that also have a secret lab.

What I think:
They might just be an extra mark that there's a secret lab on that tile, but they're out of the way, and that'd mean that there'd need to be one of these on every lab tile (which there may be).
They could just be little easter eggs, but the last time I found one of those it was more obviously one, and that seems weird to hide so may similar ones across a tileset.  Plus, if it is an easter egg, why purple containers?
They might be placeholders for something to come.  Don't know what, but it...kinda would make sense.

Anyway, share your own ideas and pics of any that you've stumbled across.  It'll kinda be like a treasure hunt or something!

• Like 3

They are all over the place. And one for sure is not in a practical location to be used in any way for the future. Its under a small catwalk within the extraction zone of one of the exit tiles. Only reason I spotted it was waiting for a slow player behind me.

As cool as it is that they might mean something, they likely don't.

8 hours ago, Prekatt said:

So I was running around the new Gas City tileset awhile ago and found a weird purple container.  Er, the container is grey, but it has purply lights on it.  Anyway, I just kinda saw it and was all, "Oh, that's cool."
But I found another one, and now I can't help but wonder if there's something more to these things.
Since I haven't found a thread about them, I figured I'd start one for people to share info and/or theories for fun.

Here's quick pics of the two I've seen:
One
Two

So, here's what I know:
They don't appear to respond to anything.  Scanners, attacks, attempts at interaction, collision, ect.
They act like part of the tile (which makes sense since they're reskins of one of the tile props anyway).
They're in out of the way places.  They...seem mysterious?  Yeah, I don't know much.
Oh!  These two also show up in tiles that also have a secret lab.

What I think:
They might just be an extra mark that there's a secret lab on that tile, but they're out of the way, and that'd mean that there'd need to be one of these on every lab tile (which there may be).
They could just be little easter eggs, but the last time I found one of those it was more obviously one, and that seems weird to hide so may similar ones across a tileset.  Plus, if it is an easter egg, why purple containers?
They might be placeholders for something to come.  Don't know what, but it...kinda would make sense.

Anyway, share your own ideas and pics of any that you've stumbled across.  It'll kinda be like a treasure hunt or something!

It's a Surprise Mechanic!
Wait, wrong definition.

I think they could be a new cache or something in the future, other than that, they are only props.

Edited by 6Sanity9x

23 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

they're Lootboxes.

Alad V has been trying to monetize everything he can, now he's gonna give you random rewards.. in exchange for platinum! :devil: 

*Luckily pulls legendary core from all lootboxes

There will be this one kind of player while you only get spicy tofu from it

• 1 month later...

71239160_10157453610934707_5515317656850I was running a Ceph Suda mission and decided to look deep to find the data medallions. 

No where else on this tileset did i see that magenta color on anything static. the whole level was blues and greys with some yellow lines here and there.. This box was also hidden and up within another set of pipes..... 

What is this box?!?! I have searched online and my google skills have failed me as i cannot figure out what it is!!! ITS TOO RANDOMLY ODD TO BE JUST A BOX!!! 

As far as anyone knows,they don't serve any purpose. Perhaps they are placeholders for something that was removed or something to be added, we won't know until something happens to them. A number of people have pointed out that they are only in the rooms with a secret lab leading people to believe that they are placeholders or removed items that relate to them.

6 hours ago, RX-3DR said:

A number of people have pointed out that they are only in the rooms with a secret lab leading people to believe that they are placeholders or removed items that relate to them.

I'm not sure that's entirely true.  There's at least one at an extraction tile tucked under a staircase.

On 2019-09-20 at 8:42 AM, Firetempest said:

"Warframe purple box" is all you needed to Google.

I don't know if this was a joke, but googling that simply directs me to this forum.  If you found something more, would you mind linking it?