Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] - Fireblast Rework

KomradKickass

In its current form, fireblast is redundant/inferior to WoF.

My suggestion -  Change fireblast from a radial DoT, to an instant damage explosion with high knockback (but no lingering DoT ring), this gives it utility in increasing the distance between close-range attackers and the squishy ember, differentiates it from WoF, and fits the name fireBLAST better.

Thoughts?

It already does high damage on cast.

The wiki has it listed as 150 fire damage on the initial cast, which is then reduced by armor, which I would not consider "High", especially considering that it is a 75 energy skill and the "explosion" damage output of M.Prime, the Ogris, and what-not. Regardless, I think the knockback would be more important than the damage anyways, as it increases its utility when compared to WoF.

given that ember's thing is that she's a CQC caster... sending enemies flying out of her reach just means that she'd have to go and chase them down. again.

I would rather keep the circle of dancing grineer. better CC. does way more damage than WoF too. dunno why people even bother bringing WoF.

given that ember's thing is that she's a CQC caster... sending enemies flying out of her reach just means that she'd have to go and chase them down. again.

I would rather keep the circle of dancing grineer. better CC. does way more damage than WoF too. dunno why people even bother bringing WoF.

I will have to disagree with the claim that Fireblast does more damage.

Assuming max level skills:

WoF:

400 dmg

"ticks" every 0.75 second

much larger radius

FB:

150 dmg

"ticks" every 1 second

small radius

granted, fireblast lasts twice as long, but it still cannot make up for its lower damage and tick rate, let alone the massive disparity is coverage area.

In the Ember thread i threw in some ideas for overworks of her abilities. Mind you that's just ideas i throw around in my head not serious data based improvements. Still my idea for an alternative to fireblast was this:

"3: Fireflight/Firebird.
New Description: "Propells Ember forward while creating a wave of fire behind her."

Function: Heavy elemental charge attack.

Animation: Ember streches her arms behind her and is then propelled forward with flaming wings streching from her back.

Effect: Basicly a heavier AOE version of Excals Slash Dash and Rhino's Charge. Ember is pushed forward while creating a corridor of damage behind her. Every enemy in the corridor is hit by a flame attack which bypasses armor and ignores fire immunity by 50%. The size of the wings is actualy a visual indicator of the size of the corridor Ember created.

Idea: Fireblast in it's current form is very similar in functionality to World on Fire, many complain that it's a weaker alternative to the later. While Fireblast has the advantage that it persists and can delay melee attackers by hurting them when they bypass the ring, it's more effective to cast WOF to ensure they will keep recieving damage. As such i thought that Fireblast and WOF should be combined. This new ability is meant to compensate the main change i propose to WOF, while giving Ember a near room clearer attack power. While similar to Rhino's and Excals first, this power would deal more damage and have a wide range of effect. The power could be used as much for attacking enemy formations as it could be used to escape large crows while clearing the path for team mates."

Chicken jokes aside, i thought it would make a good alternative to WOF and Overheat in terms of function.

Edited by Othergrunty

I will have to disagree with the claim that Fireblast does more damage.

Assuming max level skills:

WoF:

400 dmg

"ticks" every 0.75 second

much larger radius

FB:

150 dmg

"ticks" every 1 second

small radius

granted, fireblast lasts twice as long, but it still cannot make up for its lower damage and tick rate, let alone the massive disparity is coverage area.

fireblast ignores armour. WoF doesn't. enemies easily acquire 200+ armour, which cause fireblast to do more damage.

it also hits everything in it's aoe. instead of 3 targets.

and you can stack a whole pile of 'em if you need even more damage.

fireblast ignores armour. WoF doesn't. enemies easily acquire 200+ armour, which cause fireblast to do more damage.

it also hits everything in it's aoe. instead of 3 targets.

and you can stack a whole pile of 'em if you need even more damage.

Ahh ok, is the armor ignore on FB recent (9.8 or whatever)? even though I use ember alot, i seem to have some trouble with FB, as it dosent seem to always proc for me. Is there some trick?

Still, I think ember should have some form of radial knockback/knockdown, not to mag-pull levels, but something to give her some breathing room.