Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's armor strip ability

TheInternetGuy

Can Mag's fracturing crush just permanently strip armor already? Her armor strip with polarize is really bad and on higher levels, even with the assist of fracturing crush, it would be too much of a bother to even use.

Fracturing crush already takes up a mod slot. I don't care if the armor strip is 20% so long as it's permanent and can be stacked. Why do you have to hurt Mag like this? I'm a masochist for playing Garuda but I have to draw the line somewhere.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Infirito said:

Get fracturing crush to 80%, cast her 4th twice, then cast her 3rd 1-2 times. Should do away with all their armour.

Those 4 casts would be 350 Energy before Efficiency Mods.

That ... doesn't exactly seem cheap / entirely reasonable to me, TBQH.

If you're using an Augment for the express purpose of removing Armor,
having to use other abilities to supplement it / make its effects stick is just a tiny bit silly, no?

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

If you're using an Augment for the express purpose of removing Armor,
having to use other abilities to supplement it / make its effects stick is just a tiny bit silly, no?

Sure, but those abilities don't JUST strip armour, they replenish shields for you / teammates, get you overshields and the augment also stops enemies from moving. Anyways, it's more of a group build, for solo it's much easier to get augment for your 3 and just use guns to kill stuff imo.

Edited by Infirito

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Would make it too powerful as it already provides an insane control against Grineers, imo.

reduce the armor strip to 20% as long as it's permanent would be a nice balance. Some warframes already do this and much better anyhow like oberon so unsure how it's going to be OP. Crush takes a bit of time to cast also.

3 minutes ago, TheInternetGuy said:

reduce the armor strip to 20% as long as it's permanent would be a nice balance. Some warframes already do this and much better anyhow like oberon so unsure how it's going to be OP. Crush takes a bit of time to cast also.

But why would you prefer having to cast your 4 5 times before stripping armor, instead of using it once, one-shot this painful target and his friends during the debuff window, then re-cast if you really need it ?

Anyway, if you're gearing yourself for a high-level grineer mission, you have the augment, you have CP, and you have Corrosive-based weapons (and probably a Saryn somewhere).

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

But why would you prefer having to cast your 4 5 times before stripping armor, instead of using it once, one-shot this painful target and his friends during the debuff window, then re-cast if you really need it ?

Anyway, if you're gearing yourself for a high-level grineer mission, you have the augment, you have CP, and you have Corrosive-based weapons (and probably a Saryn somewhere).

20% is the lowest I'm willing to go. I wish for a 40% armor strip but that feels a little too greedy as a player who enjoys/hate playing as Garuda. The thing is that it's a permanent debuff so I can CC and if the enemy is bothering us again, it gets another armor stripping. Teammates can take advantage of the debuff I gave to the enemy long after the stun wears off increasing in DPS. I don't need all the armor gone if people want to take advantage of the armor weakness.

Corrosive weapon is cool but generally aimed at one direction and Saryn is always going to plow through enemies regardless what frame you bring.

1 hour ago, TheInternetGuy said:

Corrosive weapon is cool but generally aimed at one direction

What I meant is that if you need Armor Stripping, it means :

- You're facing Grineer

- You're planning to face Grineer at high-enough level for the armor to be a problem

Thus, you HAVE at least one corrosive weapon somewhere.

I really don't think that it's reasonable to ask for one Augment to be superior to Corrosive's status, especially when it's an AoE spell with a potentially huge range.

Edited by Chewarette

4 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

What I meant is that if you need Armor Stripping, it means :

- You're facing Grineer

- You're planning to face Grineer at high-enough level for the armor to be a problem

Thus, you HAVE at least one corrosive weapon somewhere.

I really don't think that it's reasonable to ask for one Augment to be superior to Corrosive's status, especially when it's an AoE spell with a potentially huge range.

It's an AoE spell is exactly why it's good. Helping teammates out and hitting more targets in one go. Corrosive weapons is always good to have.

13 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

This is why efficiency mods are a thing.  😀  I mean that why would you go into a high level grineer environment with a caster frame without decent efficiency.  

Just saying.  😁 

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is why efficiency mods are a thing.  😀  I mean that why would you go into a high level grineer environment with a caster frame without decent efficiency.  

Just saying.  😁 

With streamline, it's 245 and that's still a pretty good chunk of your energy pool. No way I'll be using fleeting expertise either.

12 hours ago, Sajochi said:

Fracturing Crush is armor reduction. The entire purpose is to soften up enemies. Polarize strips. Mag is a caster frame, you're supposed to play her by casting abilities. Use them in combination ffs.

Same thing when fracturing crush is permanent at a lower armor strip %. How I see fracturing crush reworked is stripping 20% of current armor so at some point, polarize is better at stripping.

9 hours ago, uAir said:

You could just run CP x4.

But they're all Saryn.

15 minutes ago, uAir said:

If you're all Saryn how can you worry about Mag armor removal?
And regardless, just run x4 CP anyway.

One Saryn destroys everything already. x4 CP works regardless of the warframes present.

The thing is, I wish Mag had more utility out of her fracturing crush because it consumes a mod slot . Not to say it doesn't provide value as it is but in a place where you're dealing with hordes, it is nice to strip armor permanently which what makes corrosive weapons and CP so good. DPS always goes up regardless of time.

37 minutes ago, TheInternetGuy said:

One Saryn destroys everything already. x4 CP works regardless of the warframes present.

The thing is, I wish Mag had more utility out of her fracturing crush because it consumes a mod slot . Not to say it doesn't provide value as it is but in a place where you're dealing with hordes, it is nice to strip armor permanently which what makes corrosive weapons and CP so good. DPS always goes up regardless of time.

I see your problem.

Well, I hate how Mag can seamlessly go to 3 hour survivals while solo and my Mesa can't.
I wish there was a way for my Mesa to stack damage the way Mag does onto enemies so that I can infinitely scale up to any content with ease. 😞

12 minutes ago, uAir said:

I see your problem.

Well, I hate how Mag can seamlessly go to 3 hour survivals while solo and my Mesa can't.
I wish there was a way for my Mesa to stack damage the way Mag does onto enemies so that I can infinitely scale up to any content with ease. 😞

Agreed.  I think I'm seeing where the real problem is also.