StanaCampe

Clan rant (MR 18)

I'm getting very disillusoned about clans in WF, i thought that getting into a clan would have allowed me to team up and do niche stuff that usually you can't get people to do on recruiting chat, like relics that aren't trending for example, or maybe as a more organized market hub to get away from the confusion of trading chat, instead from experience, the only value clans have ever provided me with, were nothing more than the labs: just get in, get all the good s**t, and then whatever, if they kick you because you go AFK for too long, WHO CARES, you wouldn't have been involved in any kind of activity either way and you can just join another one, if they don't kick you...well...WHO CARES!!

Clans are just a smaller, less useful region chat. Change my mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

You went in the bad clan, that's all and have you tried asking them to do things with you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanaCampe said:

Change my mind.

There is nothing to change. This was the exact problem from the very beginnings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanaCampe said:

Clans are just a smaller, less useful region chat.

Its that "out-of-place" vibe of experience when you're not familiar/relatable with the members of the clan sort of thing ... is it?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, StanaCampe said:

I'm getting very disillusoned about clans in WF, i thought that getting into a clan would have allowed me to team up and do niche stuff that usually you can't get people to do on recruiting chat, like relics that aren't trending for example, or maybe as a more organized market hub to get away from the confusion of trading chat, instead from experience, the only value clans have ever provided me with, were nothing more than the labs: just get in, get all the good s**t, and then whatever, if they kick you because you go AFK for too long, WHO CARES, you wouldn't have been involved in any kind of activity either way and you can just join another one, if they don't kick you...well...WHO CARES!!

Sounds like you joined the wrong clan, or you expect too much from said clan. 

We had a player ragequit ours because no one wanted to farm cryotic with him. Called us all effing cancers for good measure too.  

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Completely off-topic but how did you manage that?

I'm gonna assume back when downvote still existed, he made post/threads that put him in the negatives.

2 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

I'm gonna assume back when downvote still existed, he made post/threads that put him in the negatives.

Yeah. I figure this is the case too. 

4 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

2gT2et8.jpg

And saving that screenshot. This is a rarity to behold. 

• Haha 3

The problem is clearly on your side : you've joined Clans which were never supposed to suit your needs in the first place then complain about their own rules.

Try to find a clan with any voice stuff, find a clan GM with whom you'll first discuss before entering to ensure it fits your requirements, but stop complaining about your clan if you joined blindfolded.

• Like 4

Mine is pretty great. We do vaulted relic runs occasionally, and the people are really helpful for weird random missions. I occasionally trade with people, but normally it’s just rivens because I don’t like to spam clan chat. So depending on the clan, the experience can be different.

Sounds like you just got in a mediocre/inactive one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanaCampe said:

Literally like any other clan in literally any other MMO with a clan system. If you join an inactive clan, you can't expect much activity. 

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

You went in the bad clan, that's all and have you tried asking them to do things with you?

2 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Sounds like you joined the wrong clan, or you expect too much from said clan. 

We had a player ragequit ours because no one wanted to farm cryotic with him. Called us all effing cancers for good measure too.  

2 hours ago, MSEP1 said:

Mine is pretty great. We do vaulted relic runs occasionally, and the people are really helpful for weird random missions. I occasionally trade with people, but normally it’s just rivens because I don’t like to spam clan chat. So depending on the clan, the experience can be different.

Sounds like you just got in a mediocre/inactive one.

17 minutes ago, Cloverskull said:

Literally like any other clan in literally any other MMO with a clan system. If you join an inactive clan, you can't expect much activity. 

Then please, suggest another way to find and figure out if a clan is worthwhile other than recruiting chat, because that's how i joined every clan in the past and ALL of them, large or small, had at least 9/10 of players offline costantly.

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

The problem is clearly on your side : you've joined Clans which were never supposed to suit your needs in the first place then complain about their own rules.

Try to find a clan with any voice stuff, find a clan GM with whom you'll first discuss before entering to ensure it fits your requirements, but stop complaining about your clan if you joined blindfolded.

I like your idea, not so much your tone: while i thank you for bringing something different than all the others, next time don't click on a thread that has:"Rant" written in it's title if you don't like people complaining.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

2gT2et8.jpg

3 hours ago, Sajochi said:

And saving that screenshot. This is a rarity to behold. 

3 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Yeah. I figure this is the case too. 

2 hours ago, 6Sanity9x said:

what GIF

How??

i-have-no-idea-whats-going-on-via-9gag-c

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, StanaCampe said:

Then please, suggest another way to find and figure out if a clan is worthwhile other than recruiting chat, because that's how i joined every clan in the past and ALL of them, large or small, had at least 9/10 of players offline costantly.

Set up your own clan, recruit your own like-minded players, grofit. Or adapt. To me it just sounds like you came up with a image of how clans should be, and the reality is just disappointing. 

NGL, from the impression you're giving here, it's like you're dismissing clans just because they don't want to do what you want to do.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Set up your own clan, recruit your own like-minded players, grofit. Or adapt. To me it just sounds like you came up with a image of how clans should be, and the reality is just disappointing. 

NGL, from the impression you're giving here, it's like you're dismissing clans just because they don't want to do what you want to do.

It's not like that, it's that clans don't give me anything i can't get somewhere else, especially now that you can customize your orbiter and invite people in it, so there's virtually no reason for clans to exist, and no reason for me to invest time and money in one.

5 hours ago, FerockQuartz said:

Its that "out-of-place" vibe of experience when you're not familiar/relatable with the members of the clan sort of thing ... is it?

Yes, that's exactly right! And don't get me started on those retarded internal rank system to prevent people from just raiding the labs as soon as they get in the clan!

Edited by StanaCampe

2 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

That's what I did. Joined a clan, realised that it was all newbs like me. Saw that the founder hadn't made any contributions. Left and made my own. Built it up mostly solo. Did most of the research by myself. 

When I run into newer players who need a leg up, I'll invite them, explain that they can just buy the research and split after, or they're welcome to stick around. If there's any unfinished research that they want to contribute to, they're welcome to pitch in, but it's not a requirement. There's a dude that never replied to any of my messages, and one that's been offline for over a year, and I'm fine with that for now. Just because you're in the clan doesn't mean that anyone is going to stop what they're doing to come and do what you want to do at any given moment. 

That's how I run my clan, because that's all I needed my clan for. If OP wants a clan that's got regularly scheduled group activities like some sort of day-camp for preteens, there's nothing stopping them from creating one. If they are joining my clan, that's not what they're going to get. 

1 hour ago, StanaCampe said:

It's not like that, it's that clans don't give me anything i can't get somewhere else, especially now that you can customize your orbiter and invite people in it, so there's virtually no reason for clans to exist, and no reason for me to invest time and money in one.

And they're going to come there and replicate the researched weapons you have? Or use it to trade? Or do those obstacle courses? Did that really make sense in your head? 

1 hour ago, StanaCampe said:

Yes, that's exactly right! And don't get me started on those retarded internal rank system to prevent people from just raiding the labs as soon as they get in the clan!

Now this looks closer to the truth. You weren't able to get what you wanted as quickly as you wanted so you were upset about it? 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, StanaCampe said:

Clans are just a smaller, less useful region chat.

this is mainly the case if the clan doesn't have any of your personal friends in and /or you and them have not made any effort to communicate with each other. if you had some people you know in there, you'd likely feel a lot more comfortable.

• Like 1

Large clans are just an amalgamation of all of the chats put together. Large alliances are the same but on a much, much larger scale. This is inevitable due to what happens when you put hundreds (thousands?) of people in the same room together. These also tend to form their own cliques, for good or bad.
Smaller clans are usually just friend groups, solo players who work together on research projects, or small groups of like-minded players who just like to have someone to run with now and again that they're familiar with. You want one of those if you're looking for some form of actual intimacy within your clan.

It's the nature of the beast that as a clan gets larger each individual member starts to blend into the scenery. You either do something to stand out or you just don't.

Solo Clan dude here.

Best decision I ever made.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, StanaCampe said:

That exists for a good reason. You think we appreciate people joining to grab the equipment and then either leaving the clan immediately or staying and just leeching off of us rather than contributing and becoming a valuable clan member? In the case of having the ignis wraith I'm damned if I'm giving them access so they can go and rip people off in trade chat. Here's a suggestion for you lad, go and build your own dojo, fund all your own research and then see if you like having randoms join, grab your hard earned tech and then do nothing to contribute.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Upvote 1