Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe is special to you?

MSEP1

Valkitty! 

First frame i ever built and frame i completly fell in love with. Always using her pretty exclusivly (unless i need to use something else for some comp for certain content).

Even though she's currently at the bad spot. I still find myself always playing her.

Ages ago on an armored core kick, i threw down in the suggestion forum at the time an armored core like frame, a frame based around guns. I like to think that post was the starting point for Mesa. Might have been, might not have been. But Mesa has a special place in my heart for that. 

I got carried by a colector spirit, as such any frame I built still remains in my arsenal (Baruuk is the last missing piece from the standard ones sooo...). 

Were to start... My starter was Excal wich does see some use from time to time, mostly when faffin around in random missions. But the frames I use more as a means of nostalgia are still Vauban n' Ember, the forgotten ones... 

Tough lately I'm finding myself using Khora/Wisp for the most part. 

Cheers

Excal was my first, so he obviously has a special place for me. He was also the one I used through the cinematic quests - he broke War for me, infiltrated the Queen's fortress for me and helped me go toe-to-toe with Excalibur Umbra.

However, my main love is Limbo. My master of the rift. I felt drawn to him ever since I looked him up on the Wiki, and acquiring him was one of my early goals. I'm not entirely sure why he's so special to me, honestly. I just really associate with him. I also enjoy his playstyle a lot though - manipulating enemies, the environment... it's a lot of fun.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Excal was my first, so he obviously has a special place for me. He was also the one I used through the cinematic quests - he broke War for me, infiltrated the Queen's fortress for me and helped me go toe-to-toe with Excalibur Umbra.

However, my main love is Limbo. My master of the rift. I felt drawn to him ever since I looked him up on the Wiki, and acquiring him was one of my early goals. I'm not entirely sure why he's so special to me, honestly. I just really associate with him. I also enjoy his playstyle a lot though - manipulating enemies, the environment... it's a lot of fun.

Nice. So I fought Excalibur Umbra with.... Excalibur Umbra. Gotta love bugs!

Limbo for sure.

I've been playing with him since his release year ago. Back when he was a total menace to the team and was a tad clunky to use. I enjoyed the concept of his kit and found how to make it work. Then the rework came and he's better than ever. If I don't know what I want to use, I just default to Limbo.

As a suggestion of learning Limbo to people, I tell them to completely ignore his #2, remove all durability mods  and only kill things if they're in the rift. Learn that style and then slowly incorporate everything else. His rift is the main mechanic that makes him by far the most unique frame in the game, but people see his time stop as his main theme and everything else as a means of applying it.

Oberon. I stopped shortly after creating my account and came back a long time later. Back then, while the game was downloading I looked at the roster and though - yeah, this one looks alright. Can help others and not too fragile. That being said I borderline-hate how oberon prime looks so I got him to look like the normal version. Serves me well.

Frost Prime

I joined Warframe about a month before he became the very first Prime to be vaulted. And the night before he was due to be vaulted, I had exactly one key for the Survival that dropped his systems (I forget if it was T3 or T4). There was no way my friend and I were going to survive to 40 minutes, so we had one shot to get him

And it worked

He was my first prime, and he has been my cinematic quest frame ever since (except for the Sacrifice, thanks to the "Early Umbra" bug)

Ember. Back when my friend got me into the game, which was maybe 4-5 years ago, after playing for a view hours and got the movement and gunplay down, I went to the codex to see what I can get. I saw her there, and immediately went "I want her. Where to we get her?". And we did, and i loved how she played.

You cannot imagine how much hatred I carry for this community and the creative team because of the unjust nerf she received.

4 hours ago, MSEP1 said:

I’ve seen a lot of worst Warframe and best Warframe threads, and I’ve even seen several favorite frame threads. But I have a slightly different question for you. What Warframe do you keep coming back to play and why? It doesn’t matter if they are bad, good, mediocre, ugly, or anything. What frame has a special place in your arsenal even if they aren’t your favorite?

In my case, it’s Nyx. She isn’t my favorite frame (that’s probably Gara/Garuda). She definitely isn’t an amazing frame. I just really enjoy her kit theme and trying to make her work in harder content. She’s also the first frame I crafted, formaed, and potatoed, and the reason why I chose my particular Syndicates. I just keep coming back to play more Nyx.

What about you? What weird reasons do you have for playing a particular frame?

Frost, because he is very chill.

Equinox is my be all, end all. 

Lot of reasons, some are more personal, but from a gameplay perspective she’s the only frame I have fun playing and the only one who I’ve completely broken in terms of builds.

Others don’t feel right to me, they just don’t compare.

Revenant, a frame originally insinuated to be eidolon themed, but then later on decided to become a vampire themed warframe because an inexperienced dev (warframe ability design wise) was given control over concepting their abilities.

With a rocky development starting from a Friday release date coupled with the fact that the week after most of the devs went on holiday, to the devs having to focus primarily on the Fortuna release is what left this frame in an odd state.

Is he a bad frame? Not really. Was he a disappointment to me? Yes. From the reveal I didn't really think they were planning to actually release an eidolon warframe, I thought it was just art that they had lying around that they wanted to show people at the panel, but when I saw that they were actually going to release the frame my disappointment was immeasurable.

Simply because it wasn't what I had expected, if it was a sentient warframe they could have played around with it more, but eidolons were different, they were gargantuan behemoths that roamed the plains at night and attacked with incredible destructive force, I liked them, so much that I got burned out on doing eidolon hunts, the sounds they made, how they behaved, their technical invincibility, I thought they were cool enemies.

Sadly this didn't translate well to Revenant, or rather at all for the most part, mostly thanks to the theme clash. With CC that was nerfed before release, then buffed soon after, with an extremely bugged second ability that took a while to fix, with a mobility skill they don't seem to want to make seamless, a fourth ability that was completely replaced by something that is cooler conceptually than in execution.

He does have some saving graces, which is why I still play him when I feel like it, but I still hope that he will be changed in the future.

5 hours ago, Sandomere said:

Frost. Frost was also my first Prime. Snow globe helped me a lot when i was starting out.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Frost PrimeI

1 hour ago, 6Sanity9x said:

Frost, because he is very chill.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Frost ❤

Look at all these good-looking Tenno with fantastic tastes in Warframe preference.

My special frame would have to be Grendel. He has sumo animations for his idles and jiggle physics on his belly so he’s already better then 99% of the frames in this game automatically. Plus watching him bullet jump cracks me up.

Spoiler

I’m half serious tbh

2 minutes ago, FrostPrime said:

Look at all these good-looking Tenno with fantastic tastes in Warframe preference.

My special frame would have to be Grendel. He has sumo animations for his idles and jiggle physics on his belly so he’s already better then 99% of the frames in this game automatically. Plus watching him bullet jump cracks me up.

Reveal hidden contents

I’m half serious tbh

sci-fi horror GIF

Well ,I'm not reviving any  grendel in my squad. 

Zephyr isn't my most played frame or even my favorite frame, but she's special to me because I love birds and she's just so fun to use when I do use her. One time i got an infested defense arbitration for her and the staticor and I had so much fun just jumping around above the enemies and flying back and forth while carpet bombing the infested. It's probably the most fun I've had in this game.

• Like 1