Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, you finally have another umbra forma, how will you use it?

Astroche3

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Well, Pablo would lose all respect from the players if he "just" nerfs her and give her the ember treatment, like higher energy costs, less range etc.

I don't know why but I feel like he's better than that. He seems like a smart guy, I'm sure he won't simply bash her. Not to mention he holds her close since he put a good amount of work into her.

I wouldn't put anything past DE mate, look at the frames they've nerfed in the past.

Valkyr. With the amount of things being released which either completely ignore powers (making offensive-based frames useless) or completely dispel them at random (thus killing anything that relies on defensive powers to stay alive), it seems as if DE want the players to only use something with massive armour, never bother casting a single ability and to just enter into a slugfest with the enemies. Hence Valkyr. Chroma's nice due to getting both damage and armour boost from his #3 power (could be #2, I can't remember which), but one quick blast of nullicancer and out it all goes. Base armour and health, on the other hand, will never go away.

Not sure. Haven't got it yet, and I forgot to play WF this week until today. I'm at rank 22 though, so I assume I'll be there by next week. 

I used my first one on Oberon. Accidentally, as it were, because I was like "I'm gonna use it on (frame that was not Oberon)," and forgot I'd made that plan. So I'll probably sit on the second one. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I'd love that and stock up on it 😉

Also I thought you're @Sajochibecause of the glyph.. this happens a lot lately

Am I really that recognizable because of a glyph? Guess I gotta change it now. But the power of reeeee is too strong. 

Edited by Sajochi

You only need this for a frame you intend to use all 3 umbra mods.  There were only 4 total frames where I had a build where I used all 3.  Of those only 2 of them have been primed so far.  First one went to Frost Prime, second to Chroma Prime.  The other 2 were Khora and nidus...  Nidus prime will probly get my next one one day... as for khora that 3 umbra mod build is now outdated, at least till they nerf Accumulating whipclaw.

I see alot of saryn here which doesn't make sense to me...I could see this as viable if they add an umbral stretch but if your playing saryn you have better options than umbral steel fiber for her, and if your not using all 3 you don't really need the umbra forma for the optimal build.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

4 минуты назад, Gruiz сказал:

What are you going to do with 40 unused points

Stare at them satisfying myself.

Edit: Oh, actually no, I won't even look at the points. I will look next to them: at +%dmg to Tau, then look at +%dmg to Tau in Sacrificial Pressure/Steel description and then satisfy myself. Yep. Nice.

Edited by bl1te
Edit

On 2019-08-16 at 12:43 PM, Mover-NeRo said:

Same....and i am alsonthinking of putting the second one in her..

But still thinking..maybe Mag or Chroma..

I put it on my mag, and its pretty nice having Umbral Intensify. That extra pwr strength changed my builds for the better. Thinking about Equinox but I don't think I will. I made my stuff work with out one but had to forma exilus slot.

Nidus most likely or possibly chroma prime. (Still need rank 5 with operator syndicates for the arcanes to make the solo profit-taker build.) First one went on Rhino since he's my boy even if he only needs to use 2 umbral mods.

Chroma or oberon for me in all likelihood.  These things are scarce enough that putting it on a non prime frame feels completely wrong even though I'd like one on a few non primes.  Mostly wish they could be obtained in game through some means other then 3 a year off nightwave rewards since we need a lot more then we currently have.  

Update: I just don't know. The problem here is that it's just not the same kind of transformative upgrade as with my Trinity Prime. Using my first Umbral Forma on my Trinity Prime was a no-brainer; it allowed me to throw out Constitution and Hunter Adrenaline and replace them with Adaptation and Primed Flow, while still keeping that 20 second Blessing duration I wanted. Where before I would have to spam 4 to simply survive through Tridolon and be downed left and right to the Hydrolyst, now I'm building my energy pool passively fighting Teralysts and Gantulysts, then face-tanking Hydrolyst's acid rain and star fall simultaneously. It's like night and day.

With this one, all my options are just incremental upgrades at best. Saryn? Kill things a little faster. Chroma? A little more armour, a few percent more damage. Mirage? A little more damage. Equinox and Ember? I'd just be pressing a button one less time.

I really don't know, so I'm sitting on it for now.