Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Discussion and Feedback

MisterCheshire

17 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So he can throw up enemies with either his 3 or by just holding his 1. If he can just use his 1 then what’s the point of his 3? Honestly it should probably be replaced with something else.

The difference seems to be one enemy or all enemies at once. You might wanna manage your vomit output for some type of benefit?

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

The difference seems to be one enemy or all enemies at once. You might wanna manage your vomit output for some type of benefit?

But why separate that option between 2 abilities instead of it being all in one. Not to mention that I’m already very skeptical of the viability of vomiting up enemies as damage output because it’s reminding me of Atlas’s tectonics, which we all know has terrible damage.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But why separate that option between 2 abilities instead of it being all in one. Not to mention that I’m already very skeptical of the viability of vomiting up enemies as damage output because it’s reminding me of Atlas’s tectonics, which we all know has terrible damage.

1 is for just release them and 3 to spit them I belive

His 2 sounds like a waste of an ability slot, like they could've figured a way to incorporate it back into the 1. Pretty and aim to suck up enemies, maybe hold to shoot enemies out as the 2 currently does, and then double tapping 1 quickly to release all stored enemies.

After that though, I dunno what could replace the 2 slot, among whatever else DE had previously tested with Grendel.

Personally, I like Grendel's ability toolset, but I do think that his #3 and #1 projectile enemy vomiting(and the general consumption of the enemy from #1) needs to make sure to do percentile health damage. It did seem as if it did so for the #1, but the enemies were low level, so not sure.

The #2 is pretty great, with the ability to target instant eliminate specific enemies.

#4 being physics based is interesting, but I do hope they allow there to be a toggle, so we can more easily control the thing, or at least allow further control along with the physics aspect to it.

Honestly though, despite #3 being alright looking, I think it should be replaced with something else, as #1 hold can do the same thing basically(despite the hold #1 regurgitating all at once).

But, overall, I like it a lot. Hope the buffs and the 'frame are worth it when it comes!

EDIT: Hope I got the # of the abilities correct, lol.

Edited by AnOldAlias

Just now, AnOldAlias said:

Personally, I like Grendel's ability toolset, but I do think that his #3 and #1 projectile enemy vomiting(and the general consumption of the enemy from #1) needs to make sure to do percentile health damage. It did seem as if it did so for the #1, but the enemies were low level, so not sure.

The #2 is pretty great, with the ability to target instant eliminate specific enemies.

#4 being physics based is interesting, but I do hope they allow there to be a toggle, so we can more easily control the thing, or at least allow further control along with the physics aspect to it.

Honestly though, despite #3 being alright looking, I think it should be replaced with something else, as #1 hold can do the same thing basically(despite the hold #1 regurgitating all at once).

But, overall, I like it a lot. Hope the buffs and the 'frame are worth it when it comes!

EDIT: Hope I got the # of the abilities correct, lol.

Oh yeah, the damage shouldn't be basic physical damage. I was thinking True damage, similar to Hydroid's Undertow. Especially since just as with Undertow, they said there is an energy drain while holding enemies. 

Speaking of that energy drain, sounds like RIP energy regen options. Between being full of enemies and rolling around with 4, which also drains AND eats enemies up, they better give him a higher base energy pool or one of those buffs from the 3 be a heal to at least give us a Rage/Hunter Adrenaline dependency.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So he can throw up enemies with either his 3 or by just holding his 1. If he can just use his 1 then what’s the point of his 3? Honestly it should probably be replaced with something else.

His 3 chucks them all out at once, and his 1 chucks one out at a time. I assume that his 3rd gives him a regen buff when it's used, too, as it's called rejuvinate (i think).

2 hours ago, Keyse said:

Since Grendel and Gauss are best friends, I imagine they've come up with some clever buddy combos to fight with.
How about Gauss dashing towards Grendel, then Grendel swallowing Gauss and holding him inside? Then when they are ready Grendel can regurgitate Gauss out at the speed he entered giving his AOE impact when he hits something?
It would be like a swallowing a "human cannonball" and then firing him out at enemies or towards high places.

Grendel will be able to absorb Gauss and use his speed to turn into Sonic. You curl into a ball and start rolling around the place at mach speed while "his world" plays in the background using a shawazin tune

Edited by Olphalarepth

4 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

His 3 chucks them all out at once, and his 1 chucks one out at a time. I assume that his 3rd gives him a regen buff when it's used, too, as it's called rejuvinate (i think).

It clearly showed his 3rd ability highlighted every time he spat out 1 enemy, and they said holding his 1 throws up all the enemies at once.

I am more concerned about his health recovery and if he can use any of his other abilities during Meatball. He doesn't seem to get any health from eating enemies. I also want to launch enemies as a rolling catapult ball!

Reb had infinite energy on so his drain is not shown. Hopefully the energy booster buff from Nourish is strong enough to help him maintain his power when a fair amount of enemies are inside his stomach.

Aside from Toxin AoE's and procs, add Corrosive and Gas procs to help him digest. I wonder if self-damage can hurt eaten enemies?

Anything that is a ball and rolls around at high speeds should have the ability to drift in my opinion. Bind the drift action to the sprint or sprint/roll key and if you planned to have sprint used in his ball form, just add it as a passive natural accelerator. So what if it can't be used in 80% of missions? Still would be a fun thing to do when you can.

20 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

So it's now wrong for someone to want something, okay.

It’s one thing the want something and another to be on the verge of demanding it. Which is the tone that came across in the post. Reminded me of that gif and so I shared. 

51 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It clearly showed his 3rd ability highlighted every time he spat out 1 enemy, and they said holding his 1 throws up all the enemies at once.

I was paying more attention to what was going on in the screen, not the UI. Fine, it's the other way round. My point stands, his 3rd is useful beyond just lobbing enemies.

14 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

I was paying more attention to what was going on in the screen, not the UI. Fine, it's the other way round. My point stands, his 3rd is useful beyond just lobbing enemies.

But is it? We don’t know what the final damage numbers will be. And the closet thing we have to compare it to is Atlas’s tectonics Boulder. Which is a terrible damage ability.

Let me start by saying you guys at DE did a great job on Majin Boo Kirby frame. That said Steve wasn't to thrilled with his 4th called meatball.

So after I saw Grendel rolling around gathering enemies and getting bigger at the same time; I instantly thought Katamari Damaci. So instead of meatball how bout "Katamari"? 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove