Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MisterCheshire

Grendel Discussion and Feedback

Theres a difference between his 1 and 3. His 1 spits out enemies in front of you and adds toxic dmg so you can melee the crap out of them. His 3 is projectile vomit aka grendel space program. You can shoot enemies out of map for example.

how you feel you look in a fight: Rhino.

how you actually look in a fight: Grendel.

also, can't wait for the eating disorder tag team of Grendel and Inaros. the battlefield is just one big all-you-can-eat buffet!

I just want to see a team of 4 Grendels eating everything on a tile, go to an edge and spit eveeything out of the map.

Grendal = upchuck + cannonball

He is suppose to be oni frame yet they use the name of Celtic giant that's the confuseinng part for me. It would make sense if his model got bigger as he ate things. Lurking through missions as a 10ft giant.

6 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Grendel is absolute meme content. Change my mind.

Why should we?  You're entitled to your opinion, and you have access to all the same information we do.

I have some doubts about the second part of the post.

But really the entire thing sounds more like rambling than actual criticism.

6 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Why should we?  You're entitled to your opinion, and you have access to all the same information we do.

Yes.

7 hours ago, EmberStar said:

And you can't take a joke

As for Grendel himself:

His 1 is ok, I mean they said he could eat enemies

His 2 is meh, & how does it work? Press to gain buff, but does that mean it instakills the enemy(ies) inside?

His 3 should be combined with his 1, press to eat, hold to throw everyone out with a big toxin aoe, what's the utility of throwing one enemy like a projectile? Doesn't seem useful at all

His 4 looked fun at first, but so boring at the end. Does it work like his 1? Then why not his 1 in the first place if it doesn't add anything except for an aoe which doesn't even kill the enemy either

So yeah, my opinion on Grendel, I don't like him

Combine 3 into 1,and new 3 based on troll/oni lore. Trolls turn into stone in the sun, so base 3 offa that.

New 3, Become invulnerable stone, absorb damage, and reflect it back when the stone shatters-explodes. Can become stone during Meat Ball, and shatter-explode the stone to "bounce" the Meat Ball. Think of Kirby turning into stone in Smash

1 minute ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Combine 3 into 1,and new 3 based on troll/oni lore. Trolls turn into stone in the sun, so base 3 offa that.

New 3, Become invulnerable stone, absorb damage, and reflect it back when the stone shatters-explodes. Can become stone during Meat Ball, and shatter-explode the stone to "bounce" the Meat Ball. 

Think of Kirby turning into stone in Smash

This has nothing to do with his theme

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

This has nothing to do with his theme

His theme is Grendel the troll, and was originally based on Oni demons, and I'm pretty sure Onis don't like sunlight either 

Just now, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

His theme is Grendel the troll, and was originally based on Oni demons, and I'm pretty sure Onis don't like sunlight either 

You're thinking of Atlas with that ability

His kit is built around eating & being fat, as fun as that sounds, not turning into stone, that looks so out of place too :/

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

You're thinking of Atlas with that ability

His kit is built around eating & being fat, as fun as that sounds, not turning into stone, that looks so out of place too 😕

I'm thinking of trolls, and how Grendel is a troll. And trolls become stone in the sun. I'm also thinking of Kirby, and the devs have called Grendel "the kirby frame" so imo, it's totally "in place" 

I don't even like Atlas

5 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

I don't even like Atlas

I really don't care

5 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

I'm thinking of trolls, and how Grendel is a troll. And trolls become stone in the sun. I'm also thinking of Kirby, and the devs have called Grendel "the kirby frame" so imo, it's totally "in place"

Not in every lore are Trolls turning into stone, I actually never heard of this

other than that, why does Kirby makes you think of stone? "He gains the property of what he eats", as far as I know, no enemies in the game are made of stone

So no, it's not "totally in place"

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I don't really care

Not in every lore are Trolls turning into stone, I actually never heard of this

other than that, why does Kirby makes you think of stone? "He gains the property of what he eats", as far as I know, no enemies in the game are made of stone

So no, it's not "totally in place"

In Smash, Kirby has a move where he turns into stone, and smashes everything under him. Don't need to eat anything before hand, so that's why I said "Think of Kirby turning into stone in Smash" 

Well alright then. Why don't you come up with something that isn't eating spitting or farting. 

Just now, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

In Smash, Kirby has a move where he turns into stone, and smashes everything under him. Don't need to eat anything before hand, so that's why I said "Think of Kirby turning into stone in Smash" 

Are you doing this on purpose? Scott is the one that told us "he can eat his enemies, like, think of Kirby"

That's all, now stop with this stone stuff, you clearly see it has nothing to do with his other abilities

3 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Are you doing this on purpose? Scott is the one that told us "he can eat his enemies, like, think of Kirby"

That's all, now stop with this stone stuff, you clearly see it has nothing to do with his other abilities

Am I doing what on purpose? I just thought, that, it'd be, fitting, being a troll and all. I was just coming up with an idea for new 3, but you don't gotta be a $&*^ about it. Also, where's your idea for new 3? Unless it's even S#&$tier that my "stone idea" 

27 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Also, where's your idea for new 3? Unless it's even S#&$tier that my "stone idea" 

idk, for now all I can think of is an acidic aoe on the ground, maybe like Oberon's 2, like vomiting as gross as it sounds, well, his current 3 is vomiting one enemy at a time, so I'm not too far

It could cc since he doesn't have any that does that, well, excepting his current 4 with only a 4m radius

Yeah, I thought of that specifically since you said this:

36 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Well alright then. Why don't you come up with something that isn't eating spitting or farting. 

You're welcome

EDIT: Nothing to say btw?

I think that Grendie just gunna the way he is. a sloppy eating farting puking boy. DE just has to make him do so with a bit more class. I personally feel uncomfortable with his 3 and 4 but i'm sure that de will figure something out. I don't believe that stone has anything do with his kit. the Kirby thing was just him pointing out that Grendel eats and vomits stuff. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

I think that Grendie just gunna the way he is. a sloppy eating farting puking boy. DE just has to make him do so with a bit more class. I personally feel uncomfortable with his 3 and 4 but i'm sure that de will figure something out. I don't believe that stone has anything do with his kit. the Kirby thing was just him pointing out that Grendel eats and vomits stuff. 

Exactly