Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Discussion and Feedback

MisterCheshire

This is more of a random thought but I was wondering:

Since Gauss can hit walls/enemies with his speed and create an aoe attack of sorts and Grendel can turn into a physics-based ball, could Gauss smash into "meatball-Grendel" and launch him like a pinball ?

Any thoughts or ideas on this or further "synergies" between the two ?

Edited by (PS4)Emme1987
spelling

From what I just looked at through Tactical potato, the concept of Grendal scares me. Like, I look at him and just question 'why?' And I wonder how he will function with nullfiers...(because those still exist). Will he just dump everything out and lose all his stacks? If so he is pretty much useless against corpus, granted, after a point, everything is useless against corpus...but that's another rant entirely.

As stated, one and three should be combined. Two shouldn't instakill, but instead start casting something like a 'digusting' effect, where he sits there and consumes a bit of energy per second to 'digust' the targets he has, dealing a constant stream of damage and gaining bonus armor based on how long he is able to hold it down/how much damage he does/how much 'food' he finishes. Duration would likely be scaled off of energy drained, while armor buff would be scaled off of damage dealt. (would be nice to have some health regen too while hes stationary, like what Inaros does).

His four, I feel, is just...Its like 'the thing you use in an open world setting'. Which is, fine, It just, feels either incredibly useless or incredibly over powered in tile based combat. Like just rolling down a narrow corridor eating everything with nothing to stop you. That and the whole 'need one stack to activate' seems kind of arbitrary, and not synergistic. Like, why? I'm eating with the ability, why would I eat before I eat, more?

I feel his four should be changed to be more like Baruuks 'resistance' thing, where he needs to have people in his belly in order to use it, and it costs energy and 'digestion' in order to roll around for a while. It's damage is once again dealt based off the damage you are dealing to people in your belly, and if you roll to long after running out of people in your belly you get 'hunger pains' and get forced out of it, getting stunned for a time (like they have currently with the 'dizzy' mechanic).

Decent time to point out that the damage dealt to 'stomached' enemies would be based off of power strength, there by making the rest of this scale off of power strength. (was thinking of making it percentage based too, but that seems incredibly op...) 

as for a replacement for the three getting combined into the 1...Maybe a mixture of toxic lash and Titania's tribute in concept? you spend some time digesting for a bit before spitting up a fully disgusted enemy onto your weapons, gaining a self damage buff based on the enemy consumed. That could be interesting...

But yeah, as for the current Grendel? feels rushed and gimicky and not thought through, if they keep him as is, definitely mastery fodder tell his prime rework.  

Edited by WellIHopeThisOneWorks

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

So grendel can trun himself into a ball right?

And gauss can smash things with his sprint

So what if gauss can kick grendel like a football and launch him with great velocity, smashing enemies and dealing damage?

GENIUS 

Wrong

They merge into sonic

tenor.gif

14 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

So grendel can trun himself into a ball right?

And gauss can smash things with his sprint

So what if gauss can kick grendel like a football and launch him with great velocity, smashing enemies and dealing damage?

GENIUS 

I hope there’s a juggling mini game that adds extra damage. 

Pull off one of those flip upside down in the air soccer kicks for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

Grendel

Grendel is a waframe that I wanted to see happen plus I have talked about my version of what I wanted for a fat warframe. Here’s the link to my post:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1106951-the-fat-warframe-barricade/

I have some suggestions for his abilities;

Passive:

From what I herd from the devstream, it sounds less of a passive and more like apart of the 1st ability. I think it would be better if it was the more you use your abilities, the more armour you get. Imo armour is not really good, the only way this passive is effective good is if there is no cap to how much armour you can get.

·       Each ability use you get 50 armour and there will be a 15 second timer for you to use your abilities again until it will deplete.

·       Since the 4th ability is an energy drain ability, there is no timer when in use.

1st ability:

·       You are able to eat up multiple enemies at a cap of 15 (base) making it a cc ability.

·       He is invulnerable when using it.

·       The damage done to him will convert into increase damage when shooting out enemies from inside his stomach.

·       There is an indicator showing the damage accumulated.

·       Remove the energy drain while enemies are in his stomach.

·       Depending on how much enemies you eat he should receive damage reduction. 1 enemy =5% damage reduction eximus = 10% dr.

2nd ability:

·       There is an indicator showing the buffs you have from eating enemies.

·       You can switch between which buff you want to use. (like ivara`s 1st ability)

·       Allies can receive the buffs within his range but don`t have to stay in range to keep it.

·       When picking the toxic buff, it will reflect the damage at enemies attacking him no matter the distance.

·       The armour he receives should NOT be percentage but base armour.

·       (Synergy) if he has armour (from the passive) when activating the armour buff, he will get a short invulnerability depending on how much armour he gets e.g. 100 armour= 1 sec 150= 1.5 sec.

3rd ability:

I totally disagree with this ability being on its own instead it should be with the first by holding the ability to shoot them out.

·       Shooting them at enemies causes a gas aoe that damages enemies within 15m.

·       If enemies shot out are still alive, holding that ability causes them to explode knocking enemies down and dealing viral damage.

4th ability:

·       Can be cast in the air.

·       Can be cast on the move.

·       Hitting a wall while on the ground will cause you to ricochet off it. If in the air, you will ricochet back into the air.

·       Rushing by an enemy will cause a small ragdoll.

·       Your movement speed is doubled and the speed of his ball form is based on speed mods and the number of enemies you eat.

·       I don`t think it should automatically eat enemies but instead by synergy to the 1st ability.

·       (Synergy) using your 1st ability will cause his to do a homing attack onto an enemy consuming them. This is also good for closing the gap.

·       Hitting enemies should deal damage and knock enemies down.

·       Make it easier to control like the movement of warframes. DON`T MAKE IT LIKE ARCHWING, IF YOU STOP, HE STOPS ALSO.

·       (Synergy) You are able to receive buffs while in this form.

·       The bigger he gets, the more damage he does when colliding into enemies.

Even though I like the idea of it, I DON`T like how slow it was. It should move a lot faster and be easier to control than what I saw.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

ok ok ok, guys hear me out, this thread started a good idea but i will take it a step further..... soccer/football rocket league style with gauss players and a grendelball.  @DE we need this

Edited by Xestril

On 2019-08-28 at 6:24 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

how you think it would go: Grendel becomes soccer ball of death

how it would actually go: Gauss breaks his foot from trying to kick Grendel, then needs reviving.

I cant find the gif but anyone remember the gif of a set of people who painted a bowling ball to loon like a soccer ball and watched as they rolled it towards a kid, who reasonably tried to kick it?

Idk about anyone else, but im personally very excited for Grendel when he comes out.

I have no complaints on how his first two abilities turned out, but his 3 and 4 seems somewhat unfitting for a "sumo" wrestler. I dont have any clue what DE should do to his 3, but I have a suggestion on his 4 at least.

Sumo is all about putting the opponent off balance and pushing them away from the ring or pin them down before they do to you. There is no weight class in Sumo, which is why Eating and Nourishing to become bigger and stronger makes sense.

But why is it that Grendel, a warframe who is clearly based off Sumo, doesnt have a 4th ability that befits this?

Ability name could be "Mountain"

I feel like maybe he can stomp the ground to raise a ring around him. Grendel gains a buff while he is inside of the ring. If an enemy steps inside, an after image of Grendel slams (or slap, whatever) and flings them away. If the flung enemy hits others or the wall, it emits a shockwave that knocks others down.

I dunno.. its probably too late, but who knows 😕

• Like 1