Thanks for watching Devstream #130!

[DE]Rebecca

I must report that I did not get the drop on PS4, not that I mind missing out on a statue. Edit: now 20 mins after, the statue has arrived, so success.

I was about 7 minutes late to the stream, but I watched the remainder, which would have been more than 30 mins.

May I suggest making the threshold much lower for drops, like 10 minutes? And ensure that watching the last part of the stream works just as well as the beginning?

With the Riven capacity increase to ship with the next mainline, will I (in behalf of anyone else in the same situation) be able to get the promised Riven slots that accompany the first riven cache reward? I did get the Rivens, but not the slots since I've purchased all available 90 capacity for Rivens prior to the riven cache reward over a year ago.

Nonetheless, thanks for the heads up on this DevStream. Can't wait to get more sentinel Rivens. XD

17 minutes ago, Equinoctial said:

Will dojos be seeing an increase in Room Limit Capacity for the Drydock or will we have to remove rooms?

They mentioned in the post for last devstream that "Dojos will receive a small capacity to accompany the change," though we don't know if this will be an exact increase as is needed, or if we get a few extra rooms to make it look nice.

~

-1.9 Gigs After The Stream by GeneralDurandalThe stream dealt 1.9 gigs of damage to my usage.

~

Surprisingly though, I encountered only slight buffering, most of the stream was watchable.
I guess that internet upgrade was better then I thought, best internet available in my area.
However, it resets every 30 days, so it runs out pretty fast.

The stream however, was mostly disappointing.
I'm very surprised you used some of my ideas for Chunk the gluttonous on Grendel.
I laughed when he rolled into a ball, which is actually something I wanted the fat-frame to do...
But that was before I knew it's name was Grendel.
Sure, Grendel has a thing for eating people, but it wasn't his only thing,
he was fast as the wind, could blend with shadows, tear through constructs with his bear hands,
and he sure as Hek didn't roll around in a ball.
Gauss's first power should be a Grendel power, run as fast as the wind, grab someone along the way,
and slam them into a wall. Very, very much a thing Grendel would do.
Oh well, right? Just another mastery fodder frame fun for a few missions.

Solid stream. I had concerns about Grendels 4th ability being basically turning into an unmoving ball anywhere other than open worlds, and on that Mars tile it seemed to be OK but I do wonder how well it will function on other flatter tilesets like Corpus ships.

I also worry about the idea of arcanes on modular archwings. Though it does keep with the theme of modular items having specific arcanes, I worry a bit that the existing archwings are going to get put on the shelf simply because "oh they cant use arcanes so they're junk now" mentality. Like, the devs are tweaking blink to be for all archwings because Itzal dominated the player use time because of blink, so modular archwings would have a clear advantage over the existing archwings as a result. So, please consider allowing regular archwings to use the arcanes as well, if that is the route that is taken.

I'm still not onboard with the Railjack hype train. Having to drop what you are doing in the middle of a battle to tweak your ships power use seems just... dumb to me. I know thats an unpopular opinion but it definitely doesn't sell me on the game mode.

LOVE that disruption is coming to more factions, and Kuva as a reward on the fortress variant of disruption? Hell yes please! Just throwing it out there, but maybe it could be a replacement for that junk unplayed babysitting game mode called defection? Move the one Harrow part that drops there to void sabotage or something would be lovely.

Archived