Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unbeatable mission

Karsing

While playing Hades on Pluto, a host migration occurred after reaching the boss. Prior to the migration, the boss died prematurely and loot was lying on the ground. I was unable to pick up the loot since the host had disconnected at that point and the host migration was occuring. The boss was back after migrating, but a second host migration occured. After this second migration, none of the enemies respawned and there were no markers on the map. Other than that, everything seemed to be normal. I explored every available room in this enemy-free mission area and was unable to find an extraction point or any indication of progression.

I don't think I've had a host migration that didn't lead to a disconnect. How exactly does that work, anyway? Is each game really hosted on the computer of the person who started a mission? Are there no dedicated servers at all? If so, that seems kind of crazy and would explain the horrific lag that's pretty common when playing coop. I'm not all that knowledgeable when it comes to networking so I apologise if I'm talking nonsense.

No your deffinitly right, but not just with pluto missions or anything. its migrateing hosts in general it should NOT refresh the whole game when doing so, for example i was playing on pluto infestation first mission we were halfway through when host migraton was occuring due to a lag out from our host, all enemies respawned includeing a heavy infected guy. the thing was though there were 2! 1 from last game half dead and the new respawned number 2. Its going to cause more crash's and etc when the gameing files get bigger with more data from new maps and such! Just trying to think two steps ahead is all!