Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #130 Overview

[DE]Taylor

Grendel is certainly a unique playstyle though I must ask: when using nourish, is that an instant kill to swallowed enemies? It wasn't made perfectly clear, and depending on the results could change how people use him. 

Also very impressed by how the ivara skin turned out, I wasn't all that impressed on its first showing but now it definitely seems like something on my list to get.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Grendel is certainly a unique playstyle though I must ask: when using nourish, is that an instant kill to swallowed enemies? It wasn't made perfectly clear, and depending on the results could change how people use him. 

Also very impressed by how the ivara skin turned out, I wasn't all that impressed on its first showing but now it definitely seems like something on my list to get.

Good point! It could be problematic if one had to wait as long as Inaros takes to devour a foe.

48 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

c5a51c7a12e4d6982b2d778ada59365f.jpg

THIS IS BAD!!! SO SO BAD!!!
Please, delete this macabre and create a good looking deluxe for Equinox. This one is ugly as Hek (Vay Hek).

I think it's fine. know there are different styles in warframe. it seems pretty normal to me. I don't think they will delete and create a new one, it takes time and effort. Maybe there are some people out there who likes this skin.

The comment "What's his weapon, a fork?" and ensuing discussion at about 41:10 has given me a Mighty Need for food themed weapon skins to occur with Grendel's release
Realistic: Meat Tenderizer hammer skin. We're halfway there w/ the Scindo Manticore skin, and the Sibear is just a giant honey dipper. Commit to the bit.

Less Realistic: Fork and Knife throwing weapons skin. Or maybe titanium tactical spork. It would be really cool if it was just a pile of weaponized cutlery that picked a random model to put in your hand every reload, but that would be new tech and probably too much work for a skin.

Meatball is straight up the critterball from Critters 2, so it's going to be nice to be on the other end of a chunk of imagery that messed with me as a kid. Warning for a bit of gore / vore.

15 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Please DE, I'm begging you, please change the Ivara deluxe skin. The end result does not even look within the same solar system as Ivara's original theme of a hunter, let alone looking like Gara, Harrow, Nezha, and other warframe cobbled together into an Frankenstein's Monster with the complete opposite sex of the original warframe. Look, you don't even have to scrap it, just use it for a future warframe so the entire process wasn't a wash. Just please, I'm begging you here DE, PLEASE change this skin. I know I'm not the only one thinking this here with how the Devstream Twitch chat reacted during it's showing and other comments around the web, just take however long you need and make a re-do, ANYTHING but this.

Personally I must disagree, In the original theme of a hunter, the skin seems to draw on both a royal, and tribal feel. when it was originally shown off I wasn't too much in favor, but I feel this updated version of it really improved on the concept. As for assumed gender, The only difference I'm really seeing is that the armor is bulkier than normal on the side that holds the bow. As much as there are people like you who don't like it, there are others who do like it. 

Same goes with that Equinox skin, I personally don't like it at all, but there are others who probably find it interesting.

Guys, there's still gonna be two Deluxe Skins for each warframe... (I'm not even gonna mention some really great TennoGens) do not worry. I'm also not entirely sure about that Equinox... yet. From the very left side of the picture, not exactly fan of this kind of legs. However I don't like what they did there with Harrow Deluxe as well or even Limbo Deluxe, not to mention Atlas one. 
Not everything is perfect for everyone obviously.
For me even though I love/like or dislike some other deluxes, so far the new Ash Deluxe and Garuda Deluxe - both skins shoved all other deluxes under the carpet basically. Of course it would be perfect "for me" if all Deluxes would look like new Ash deluxe or the Garuda one, but I would guess that's more like Devs choice.

You also forget Ivara's only theme isn't just huntress she's also goddamn Thief. Her Deluxe has kind of elf ranger like vibes. So I'd say it's good enough.

I think the deluxe skins are... fine. They are not nearly the worst (Ember Vermillion), and they aren't even my least favorite (I know why you guys loved Rhino Palatine, but he's just not doing anything for me)

Equinox Deluxe just has a bland default palette. Inaros Ramses had the same problem, he looks great in every color except his default flat black. In silhouette, this new Equinox Deluxe looks awesome

Ivara Deluxe... I'm not sure WHAT it is I like about it, and it would look much better on Khora, but I do indeed like it

2 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

@[DE]Rebecca Will is wrong. I have no idea what a Goss is, but I know what a Gowse is. Every pronounciation guide will tell you you were correct if you pronounced it as Gowse :

Will is being disrespectful of the name of the man this Warframe is named after.

I too am curious as to why this pronunciation is being used contrary to the technique and inventor; but its probably like Titania becoming "Titan-ia" instead of "Ti-tania" everyone has their own weird ways of saying words.

25 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I too am curious as to why this pronunciation is being used contrary to the technique and inventor; but its probably like Titania becoming "Titan-ia" instead of "Ti-tania" everyone has their own weird ways of saying words.

Yep everyone can have a weird way, but it does not make it correct.

Archived