Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK players during missions, not ok

Tarren203

I have recently seen an increase in players who think its ok to go afk during missions letting all others suffer for their absence, as an exsample, you have a rare relic that you have to spend radiant on, you dont want to leave mid mission because someone is afk but you depended on their assistance for the mission to succeed and for you to get that specific item from the relic, you cant report people and you cant leave without loosing that 1 in a thousand item that you could have gotten, will you please help but implementing an anti afk system within the game, i am more then tired of players justifying that its a way to "play the game ranking up frames by going afk because its boring to rank up frames, its DE´s fault for allowing it and they will not act on it" I have gotten this response in region chat, this individual is far from alone in that sentiment, DE please prevent people like that from ruining the gaming experience of what I find to be the greatest game i.ve played in years and still are playing every day. for those who are in doubt if it's against the rules to AFK during missions, to grief to be a general nuisance, here is a quote from the official wireframe support site "

If you encounter someone you believe to be cheating, take screenshots/videos, take note of the user's alias and what is causing you to believe he is cheating/hacking. Submit a ticket under the report a user category with as much information as possible.

Users who are mission griefing, AFKing can also be reported in the report a user category. Please provide screenshots or videos of the user's behavior as proof for the support staff. Be sure to take note of the user's alias and provide as much information as possible.

If you want to report spam or other language offenses, please click here." and trust me, in the future I'm going to record and report every single AFK player I run in to during missions and take screenshots , and reporting them to DE, sorry but I am fed up with it, I'm hoping that DE will see this and implement an anti AFK system within the game. 

Edited by Tarren203

33 minutes ago, Tarren203 said:

and trust me, in the future I'm going to record and report every single AFK player I run in to during missions and take screenshots , and reporting them to DE, sorry but I am fed up with it, I'm hoping that DE will see this and implement an anti AFK system within the game. 

I fail to see the point of your post. There isn't much DE can do in that regard, they tell you to report them, you tell us you'll do that, well great, congratulations, and ? What do you expect from us/them ?

• Like 1

vor 52 Minuten schrieb Tarren203:

you dont want to leave mid mission because someone is afk but you depended on their assistance for the mission to succeed and for you to get that specific item from the relic

You're free to report anyone you want, but exactly what relic missions can you not complete without the help of your entire team? To me this sounds more like you are undergeared and trying to leech of others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarren203 said:

...as an example, you have a rare relic that you have to spend radiant on, you don't want to leave mid mission because someone is afk but you (are?) depended on their assistance for the mission to succeed and for you to get that specific item from the relic...

Them being with you doesn't help in any way unless you're sharing the same relic - in that case there's no way someone's afking - if they are, then they're going to be at the "losing side" 50-75% of the time, with the exclusion of reactant, but who cares. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...you cant leave without loosing that 1 in a thousand item that you could have gotten...

The only item this rare in this game I could think of would be, let's say Primed Chamber that doesn't drop anyway. Chill out. By the way if you don't like the team you can leave - you don't loose your relic.

...will you please help but implementing an anti afk system within the game...

Such system is already implemented - at least for defense rewards.

...and trust me, in the future I'm going to record and report every single AFK player I run in to during missions and take screenshots , and reporting them to DE, sorry but I am fed up with it, I'm hoping that DE will see this and implement an anti AFK system within the game.

Again - chill the heck out. I understand that it's frustrating if someone is getting into mission and... freezing.  Always take, that real life exists into consideration. To wrap this up, there is an unofficial saying: "If you go Public you have no right to complain." :crylaugh:
Recruiting tab awaits.

Edited by Kuez
  • Like 1

Chewarette, the point of my post is to get DE to wake up and realise that they need a better system to prevent afk players in missions, you should not be afk in a mission, then your not playing the game, you might as well log off, im hoping that DE is going to do something other then posting a ruleset on a site, but introduce an actual ingame system to prevent griefers and afk´ers, that is the point of my post. 

to Kuez, well one thing is a short temporary disconnect or a temporary afk because your going to take a "leak" a bio break, another is to purposely every single time go afk in all missions simply because you know you can get others to play the game for you and still get the rewards without any effort or even presence, it ruins the run when someone does that because others have to work harder and might even fail the mission because of the player who´s contribution is lacking. 

Drachnyn , there is a mission type that requres that you defend and hold 3-4 points and if you have one or more afk´ers you are very likely to fail it, even holding it as an entire team can be a struggle, and its selfish to go afk during those circumstances , because then it is most definately failing , and i am contributing to all the battles i join with everything got, but not all people live in the game and and home with mum, not all players are equally experienced , i am not a leech, the one that is the leech is players who go afk entirely and let others do everything for them over and over, and people who condone it are in my opinion nothing but griefers and trolls.