Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ether Reaper - Serrated Blade, Please!

.solitus

The description itself says that it is made from Ether materials.. Which is used to make Serrated Blade weapons. The Ether Reaper, to tell the truth, is just a reskin of Reaper Prime with very very very very similar, if not the same, stats. It is pointless. I wanted to make it just because it looks cool. However, I decided not to make it as I need those materials for other BPs. I'd rather spend it on Ether Reaper when it is not just a mere re skin of Reaper Prime.

However, I really really think that Ether Reaper need serrated Blade damage. The description itself says it. Ether Reaper, needs to be serrated blade damage.

No?

Reaper prime which is the prime version of the weapon does Blade damage. Buffing ether reaper to do serrated type will make the prime version much worser and it's (lore wise) wrong to do that.

also atm there are 2 ether weapons doing serratted damage and 2 ether weapons doing blade damage, it is implied nowhere that "ether" is serratted. 

No?

Reaper prime which is the prime version of the weapon does Blade damage. Buffing ether reaper to do serrated type will make the prime version much worser and it's (lore wise) wrong to do that.

also atm there are 2 ether weapons doing serratted damage and 2 ether weapons doing blade damage, it is implied nowhere that "ether" is serratted.

1. The description itself said it is made from Ether SWORDS which is a serrated blade Ether weapon. It specifically said ether sword.

2. What about Soma and Latron Prime? Nowdays Primes aren't always better than a non-prime Tenno weapon.

i'm hoping the Ether blade weapons will have some cool side effect when Longswords are rebuilt. 

Ether weapons have a really different blade material anyways, it's certainly not a Steel Composite Alloy or anything, it looks like a machined crystal ;)

Armor Ignore isn't the answer to everything. having every weapon (or in Ether's case, weapon group) do something unique and bring something unique to the game, i think is. something different is what really gets people attached to an item.

1. The description itself said it is made from Ether SWORDS which is a serrated blade Ether weapon. It specifically said ether sword.

2. What about Soma and Latron Prime? Nowdays Primes aren't always better than a non-prime Tenno weapon.

The description says that it is made from the same MATERIAL as the ether swords.

The description of the ether swords is that they cut really well, this has nothing to do with the material they are made off but more with how honed they are and how well made. Ether has nothing to do with serrated type of damage.

I don't really understand the second part of your answer? What soma has to do with latron prime. It's not it's prime counterpart. So far lore says that orokin had the superior technology and all primes so fas had been better than their counterparts, look Paris or latron or orthos or lato and compare then with their primes.

as much as I want this to happen as well, I doubt it ever will.

I QQed for days on the weapon feedback thread along with many others, but it seems the devs have their minds made up for this weapon's performance.

Its a real shame to see such a well designed weapon with stats almost as bad as the Bo :/

Ether Reaper is fine as is, it's made from the same material, not the same serrated blade or w/e as the Ether swords. Doesn't mean it has to have serrated damage, it doesn't say anywhere in any of the descriptions for the Ether weapons that they have or don't have serrated blade damage. On top of that, Reaper Prime has serrated damage, putting it on the Ether Reaper means why bother using 10 cells to craft a Reaper Prime?

Edited by __Kanade__

Ether Reaper is fine as is, it's made from the same material, not the same serrated blade or w/e as the Ether swords.

On top of that, Reaper Prime has serrated damage, putting it on the Ether Reaper means why bother using 10 cells to craft a Reaper Prime?

Serrated Blade is only the name of the damage-type, the Ether material itself, lore-wise, is what makes it cut so cleanly through enemies.

Saying a weapon is made from the same material as another weapon, you'd expect it'd have the same properties.

Also, Reaper Prime's normal melee is Blade damage, not Serrated Blade.