Weapon ideas to indirectly deal damage

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

When i was playing another game i was really intrigued by the amount of creative and non straightforward weapons that could be implemented to warframe 

One was a crossbow with kinetic bolts that deal mediocre direct damage, but apply a push affect..when a pushed enemy hits a wall or a person it applies huge damage to it 

If that pushed enemy hits another enemy that enemy would also take the same damage...making sort of a domino affect on groups of enemies

Another was a weapon with kinetic ricochet properties in it, that allows the bullets to gain and maintain kinetic energy each time it hits a surface or person...the result is that the more objects it bounces off the more damage it will deal

In warframe we either have a weapon that crits or a weapon that deal status, with the traditional affect of whether it's an explosive aoe or not 

It would be amazing to twist and manipulate the current mechanics of warframe, making players have more things to keep in mind than shoot shoot bang bang

But you know...as most forum posts go, this will probably get archived and stocked in the derelict or something 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

When i was playing another game i was really intrigued by the amount of creative and non straightforward weapons that could be implemented to warframe 

One was a crossbow with kinetic bolts that deal mediocre direct damage, but apply a push affect..when a pushed enemy hits a wall or a person it applies huge damage to it 

If that pushed enemy hits another enemy that enemy would also take the same damage...making sort of a domino affect on groups of enemies

Another was a weapon with kinetic ricochet properties in it, that allows the bullets to gain and maintain kinetic energy each time it hits a surface or person...the result is that the more objects it bounces off the more damage it will deal

In warframe we either have a weapon that crits or a weapon that deal status, with the traditional affect of whether it's an explosive aoe or not 

It would be amazing to twist and manipulate the current mechanics of warframe, making players have more things to keep in mind than shoot shoot bang bang

But you know...as most forum posts go, this will probably get archived and stocked in the derelict or something 

What game are you talking about, i want to check it out.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Let's say you are on the Plains of Eidolon with 20 grineer surround you. Plus that thumper and some dargyn flying about let's say three are hovering over you. What creative weapon can you come up with that can kill all enemies stated the fastest without using warframe abilities?

Most content in game is way too easy given the arsenal we have, therefore fun and nice looking weapons will certainly still have a place in game.

Just because a particular fun / creative weapon doesn't do as well in 1 scenario doesn't mean it isn't worth keeping. I still have dozens of weapon in my inventory that are certainly inferior to my strongest batch but are still used every now due to various reasons.

Edited by Leyers_of_facade
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

Most content in game is way too easy given the arsenal we have, therefore fun and nice looking weapons will certainly still have a place in game.

Just because a particular fun / creative weapon doesn't do as well in 1 scenario doesn't mean it isn't worth keeping. I still have dozens of weapon in my inventory that are certainly inferior to my strongest batch but are still used every now due to various reasons.

Exactly ...i'm mainly here to try to add the most i can come up with for creative ideas for damage and weapons

It's difficult when DE doesn't really care about that...and when they do care...it comes off as extremely useless and near unplayable...and that's because they don't understand how much scaling ruins a lot of potential great ideas