Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we talk about the host issues in Warframe

(PSN)Bigboodyjuudy

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh, what? You're trying to suggest something that someone who has no clue would possibly believe, in order to try to convince people that what's going on is something other than what is going on? 

You thought that was a good idea? Really? 

The only point you're making is that you're not clear on how any of this actually works. 

One of the things about living in the third world is that sometimes the local branch of the electrical grid goes down multiple times in a day. It's happened when I was playing. In the event of a catastrophic failure in communication, it's a bit unreasonable to expect the game to be able to find a way to get my rewards. 

Now imagine that somehow I was host there. Catastrophic failure. I am not able to communicate with the servers to tell them what rewards we all got. Player 2, gets pissed about host migration and rage quits. Players 3 and 4 can't connect to 2, regardless of what the server is trying to do, and they get booted to the orbiter. That's one way for it to happen. 

Another is that for whatever reason, the route between me and the host goes down. I am unable to connect, but 2 and 3 are fine. Host reports my absence to the server. Meanwhile the server cannot connect me to the others because neither is the host. I get booted to the orbiter. In the mean time the team has extracted with their loot so the session no longer exists. 

In the first place it's the host who's had a catastrophic failure. In the second it's just one member of the squad. I'm not sure how you would go about telling which one you experienced. Currently I suspect that neither are you. 

Either way, these are not common events for me. Are they for you? 

Looks like an instantaneous test on joining. Depending on how stable your connection is, ping times may fluctuate wildly. If you get in while it's good, but in general it's bad, we'll have lots of lag. Since the "limit" is only applied during the test, expecting it to magically stabilize your connection for the whole session doesn't make a lick of sense. 

Your first counterpoint doesn't make any sense at all. What are you trying to argue here, that I don't understand how DE's servers work? Well no duh sherlock, no one here does unless you work for DE, the way and how it picks who to host, how the migration works etc is q complete mystery. At no point did I ever claim I did. 

Your example further examplifies that you have no idea what point you're trying to make. 

So, let me get this straight. I concluded that you are player 1 aka the host, correct? You leave, player 2 picks up the host and okay for whatever reason he "rage quits" how thats even possible during host migration screen is uh beyond my mental grasp since you can't exit out of the orbitor ship loading screen unless said person was to idk, unplug their ethernet cable?

Lol ok whatever. Lets just roll with your nonsensical example, so player 2 leaves that was supposed to be the host but wait, there's still 2 players left, so why couldn't either one of those players be the host? Or *gasp* worst case scenario 3 members leave, why can't the 1 person left become the host and retain the rewards?

Why does the host leaving kick all 3 other players, who to my knowledge had no choice or input in the matter. Its not their fault the host crapped out, why should they get penalised? 

Either way you try to twist this argument to your favor, it still ends up with the host being the problem here which caused it all. The host was the catalyst therefore the fix should centre around creating another host by any means possible or retaining the rewards at worst case scenario. 

Regardless if its common or not. It results in loss of time and resources that the player spent a good amount of time on, which can negatively impact the players motivation to playing. While host migration failing might be rare. Doors being closed to anyone other than hosts is a common occurrence, in my experience happening more times than I can count on both hands but of course being ANECDOTAL as you would say, take that information as you will. 

Ping fluctuations do happen, I'll at least give you that one. 

Edited by (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Your first counterpoint doesn't make any sense at all. What are you trying to argue here, that I don't understand how DE's servers work? Well no duh sherlock, no one here does unless you work for DE, the way and how it picks who to host, how the migration works etc is q complete mystery. At no point did I ever claim I did. 

Some don't know all of the details, some don't know the basics. Which group are you in, and do you understand how Dunning-kruger works? 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Your example further examplifies that you have no idea what point you're trying to make. 

So, let me get this straight. I concluded that you are player 1 aka the host, correct? You leave, player 2 picks up the host and okay for whatever reason he "rage quits" how thats even possible during host migration screen is uh beyond my mental grasp since you can't exit out of the orbitor ship loading screen unless said person was to idk, unplug their ethernet cable?

Amazing how something can be beyond your mental grasp one instant and plausible before you get to the end of your sentence isn't it? Another way would be touching your power button, and another would be to press the PS4 button, and close the game. You want to guess a couple more, or has your mental grasp of these things improved sufficiently for it to make sense now? 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Lol ok whatever. Lets just roll with your nonsensical example, so player 2 leaves that was supposed to be the host but wait, there's still 2 players left, so why couldn't either one of those players be the host? Or *gasp* worst case scenario 3 members leave, why can't the 1 person left become the host and retain the rewards?

I think that you missed the whole concept of a "catastrophic failure". Try it again. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Why does the host leaving kick all 3 other players, who to my knowledge had no choice or input in the matter. Its not their fault the host crapped out, why should they get penalised? 

Because of the simple fact that all three are connected to the host, so if they aren't there anymore, then by definition you've been kicked. The server tries to put you back together again, but sometimes you pull a Humpty Dumpty and we're all out of horses? 

If the server doesn't know that you have gotten the rewards, then how can it give you what you got? 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Regardless if its common or not. It results in loss of time and resources that the player spent a good amount of time on, which can negatively impact the players motivation to playing. While host migration failing might be rare. Doors being closed to anyone other than hosts is a common occurrence, in my experience happening more times than I can count on both hands but of course being ANECDOTAL as you would say, take it information that as you want. 

The doors are usually lag and have nothing to do with host migrations. Very different things. Sometimes it's because the game doesn't know that you are there. I've had a few of those recently, like the game not realising that we're at extraction, often because someone hopped into operator form and back again. Again not usually anything that has to do with host migrations. 

Best thing for you to do would be to submit technical information and reports to DE. They can't fix a problem if they don't know where to look. It would be like me telling you to go and fix my car but I'm not going to tell you what car it is or what it has in it. First they need to factor out that the issue isn't client side or your ISP. Which in a lot of cases of people complaining about connection issues generally is a client-side issue. I for example had to specifically request more bandwidth from my ISP so I can at least competently use streaming and data services when I switched over to NBN. And Telstra is not the most reliable ISP ever...

So I think, before anyone complains about technical issues, is to actually submit a report to DE. Congratulations, everyone in development, QA and help desk would kiss you if they could. It may not allow them to fix it within the year, but you have just given them an invaluable piece of information. If I had to say what DE could do, it's to provide a clear guide on what information to provide and how the user may acquire that information.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Some don't know all of the details, some don't know the basics. Which group are you in, and do you understand how Dunning-kruger works? 

Amazing how something can be beyond your mental grasp one instant and plausible before you get to the end of your sentence isn't it? Another way would be touching your power button, and another would be to press the PS4 button, and close the game. You want to guess a couple more, or has your mental grasp of these things improved sufficiently for it to make sense now? 

I think that you missed the whole concept of a "catastrophic failure". Try it again. 

Because of the simple fact that all three are connected to the host, so if they aren't there anymore, then by definition you've been kicked. The server tries to put you back together again, but sometimes you pull a Humpty Dumpty and we're all out of horses? 

If the server doesn't know that you have gotten the rewards, then how can it give you what you got? 

The doors are usually lag and have nothing to do with host migrations. Very different things. Sometimes it's because the game doesn't know that you are there. I've had a few of those recently, like the game not realising that we're at extraction, often because someone hopped into operator form and back again. Again not usually anything that has to do with host migrations. 

Dunning-kruger is irrelevant and does not apply to me or this argument. I did not claim to know more than I do. In fact to the contrary, I pointed out several times that I do not know the inner workings of DEs system therefore your assessment is wrong. Do feel free to prove me wrong though, I know you can't resist the urge to. 

I was referring to severing the connection, while remaining in game which is what I thought you implied by "rage quitting". Maybe you should have elaborated on that. 

Back to the argument you assume that theres no way the the host could just connect those other players to eachother. Based on speculation and thats all we have to go on at this stage, an instance of a map and an objective is created, the time, resources and all that is tracked individually and stored in the data logs I assume. I'll tell you why I assume that, because support has helped people get back items or resources that were lost during a host migration so although for players, thats another hurdle of obstacles they have to go through to get it back, anyways so if thats how the system works, then why can't the remaining players be hosts regardless. Whats stopping it from putting player 3 with player 4. The host should be merely a connection link, that link shouldn't be transferring player data such as resources acquired during the mission, affinity or even the map instance.  If it does, maybe DE needs to redesign their coding so that a cut off between host and other players still keeps the rewards. 

I never said that doors not opening had anything to do with host migration, those are seperate issues. The title does say "host issues", seems pretty obvious to me that I'm including a variety of different issues. 

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Dunning-kruger is irrelevant and does not apply to me or this argument. I did not claim to know more than I do. In fact to the contrary, I pointed out several times that I do not know the inner workings of DEs system therefore. Do feel free to prove me wrong though, I know you can't resist the urge to. 

Dunning-kruger doesn't mean that you claim special knowledge about anything at all. It is about us all believing that we are likely have a sufficient level understanding of a topic, which is not the case. Not understanding all of the minute details, and not understanding the basics are very different sides of the spectrum. Again, I will ask you:

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Some don't know all of the details, some don't know the basics. Which group are you in, and do you understand how Dunning-kruger works

I was referring to severing the connection, while remaining in game which is what I thought you implied by "rage quitting". Maybe you should have elaborated on that. 

That's nice. I figured that since I used it the way that it's regularly used, by people who use the term, that would be okay. Usually people just look it up and save the effort required to figure that it means something it doesn't mean. I should probably have known better by this point. 

Back to the argument you assume that theres no way the the host could just connect those other players to eachother.

Again, I don't think that you are grasping the meaning of the term 'catastrophic failure', which is odd because it should be self explanatory. I figure that I did elaborate, too. Normally when a host leaves, they hand us off to the server with information about the rewards we've been getting, which connects the remaining players to the next player in order of our assigned squad number, and puts us back more or less where we were at. This leads to a successful migration, and as several people have pointed out those are far more common. If that's not the case for you, then you may need to check what's going on on your end. 

I'll tell you why I assume that, because support has helped people get back items or resources that were lost during a host migration so although for players, thats another hurdle of obstacles they have to go through to get it back, anyways so if thats how the system works, then why can't the remaining players be hosts regardless.Whats stopping it from putting player 3 with player 4. The host should be merely a connection link, that link shouldn't be transferring player data such as resources acquired during the mission, affinity or even the map instance.

Because there's a pretty significant difference between all of us telling the host what's going on, and them telling the server, and the host relaying every bit of information from every player, to every other player and the server? 

You ever notice the pause we sometimes get when new people are loading in? 

And you do understand that the host is actually also a player, who is usually actively playing, right? Not just some magical rock with lightning passing through it that just sits there hoping to break the laws of physics so that we can get our rewards. 

I never said that doors not opening had anything to do with host migration, those are seperate issues. The title does say "host issues", seems pretty obvious to me that I'm including a variety of different issues

Lag isn't always a "host" issue. If everyone in the squad is getting lag except for the host, they are the issue. Quite a few times I've had issues where I found out that I'm the only one lagging. That told me that it was on my end. There was a pretty simple fix though. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Dunning-kruger doesn't mean that you claim special knowledge about anything at all. It is about us all believing that we are likely have a sufficient level understanding of a topic, which is not the case. Not understanding all of the minute details, and not understanding the basics are very different sides of the spectrum. Again, I will ask you:

That's nice. I figured that since I used it the way that it's regularly used, by people who use the term, that would be okay. Usually people just look it up and save the effort required to figure that it means something it doesn't mean. I should probably have known better by this point. 

Again, I don't think that you are grasping the meaning of the term 'catastrophic failure', which is odd because it should be self explanatory. I figure that I did elaborate, too. Normally when a host leaves, they hand us off to the server with information about the rewards we've been getting, which connects the remaining players to the next player in order of our assigned squad number, and puts us back more or less where we were at. This leads to a successful migration, and as several people have pointed out those are far more common. If that's not the case for you, then you may need to check what's going on on your end. 

Because there's a pretty significant difference between all of us telling the host what's going on, and them telling the server, and the host relaying every bit of information from every player, to every other player and the server? 

You ever notice the pause we sometimes get when new people are loading in? 

And you do understand that the host is actually also a player, who is usually actively playing, right? Not just some magical rock with lightning passing through it that just sits there hoping to break the laws of physics so that we can get our rewards. 

Lag isn't always a "host" issue. If everyone in the squad is getting lag except for the host, they are the issue. Quite a few times I've had issues where I found out that I'm the only one lagging. That told me that it was on my end. There was a pretty simple fix though. 

Ok well you can claim I do not know the minute details, that is your assumption and you're entitled. I could just as well say the same about you. 

I know what the term rage quitting means, do not try to act smart. Rage quitting can be as simple as quitting from a match in a game or closing the application completely. As I said, you should have elaborated on what you meant. Your fault, not mine. 

Your catastrophic ending example claims that the fault for the game not reconnecting you back to the host is a fault of the player. Since you're making a claim, as the saying goes: burden of proof lies on you to prove it, so prove it. 

The pause when you are loaded in is actually all of the map data being generated (if you didnt know maps are procedurally generated) and loaded in. Thats not to say its all rendered in at once. Warframe like a lot of games these days uses a rendering method called culling, which renders only what the player can see, the process is very fast and efficient which is why you won't notice it take place. Feel free to look up culling, its very interesting. 

I'm aware that the host is an active player but theres no reason why Warframe couldn't send the information individually to each player when other games can and do it such as For Honor which also uses peer to peer. 

Lastly, can you prove that the doors only opening to hosts and not players is a lag issue and not a host issue? 

42 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Why does noone mention when abilities don't work with a bad host 😞 or status effects don't count as such, rendering status weapons even more useless..

Why does no one mention that when the host leaves and assuming you get to log back in, all the energy you've used is gone and but all the enemies that were being damaged by your skills have been healed back to 100% It is very annoying, if you're playing saryn, to have the host migrate after you've already laid down most of your energy in spores and casting toxic lash only to have everything except your energy get reset. 

Has anyone asked if you're playing via wifi?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

I'm aware that the host is an active player but theres no reason why Warframe couldn't send the information individually to each player when other games can and do it such as For Honor which also uses peer to peer.

As a heads up, For Honor is not a peer to peer network and moved to dedicated servers(well over a year ago) to solve this problem. 

Edited by (PS4)Puckish_Rogue125

Il y a 12 heures, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy a dit :

I think it needs to be said that there are some glaring problems with hosting, and nothing has really been done to improve this over the years.

Problems such as doors not opening for anyone other than host, hosts disconnecting and the server returning you to the menu even while in a mission causing you to lose valuable time and effort and all the rewards you acquired during the mission all gone. I've even heard hosts disconnecting in hour long arbitrations everything and the players losing all the progress. That should not happen. Why is there no safeguards for this sort of thing? 

I feel as if players fail to adresses this big problem with Warframe even though it honestly should be talked about a lot more. I suggest that the devs implement a system that detects when a host disconnects due to a connection error or some sort, that the remaining players are placed in an instance that is server side, if no other players are suitable to host. Currently this is one of my biggest gripes with Warframe and one that stops me from having as much fun as I should in multiplayer. 

But what are your thoughts, do you agree with the system I proposed? What other solutions can you give to help solve this problem. I understand the reasons behind peer to peer, but its currently very unstable and needs some polishing up. 

But really, I'm just wondering, did you put your internet into question even once ? Are you getting flawless 10 ping connection in all other games ?

When I had a bad connection, I was getting all your problems, but I was not automatically assuming the issue was on DE's end. When a door would not open, I would be pissed at my internet, not senselessly pushing the blame on the game.

And since I got better internet, it has been a year since I've seen a door not opening or a host migration fail. (I may be matched with an actually bad host around once a week at most, quit and restart mission, 30 secs lost per week)

People are not saying that those issues don't exist, they are saying that it's possible to not have those issues. Thus, it is not a generality, check your internet.

You could say it's only testamony of some players, but if you don't take those into account, yours is just as invalid.

Because you see some potato-internet-salty-dudes complaining in feedback doesn't mean it's as much of a widespread problem as you say it is. Only the people experiencing issues, and incapable of considering their own shortcomings, will be taking the time to come complain down here.

DE is failing to adress this issue ? Have you tried adressing it on your end a single time ?

I worked extra hours at minimum wage to afford changing my setup, I chose to take a small appartment in a city so that I could garantee good internet, MANY people can do such things, if gaming is a priority for you. I don't have any network issue since. But no, it's all DE's fault right ? Not yours for not comitting to making your internet good, right ?

If those threads tend to get such vitriolic answers, it may be because many would rather see DE spending time making awesome content rather than fixing people's internet. Not everything is perfect, improvements are definitly possible, but here, a good 90% is solely due to your setup I'm afraid.

So yeah, here's the solution you're asking for, improve your internet, it'll fix a LOT of your issues.

Let's simplify the matter.

No matter what the cause is. Even if it is a weak internet connection on client side.

It is still DE's Fault.

And it is still DE's responsibility to fix it. 

The conversation is over. Those are the brass tacks.

It doesn't matter what the root cause is. There are dozens of ways they could resolve it. And it is their game, that makes it their responsibility to create a solution for the issue.

You can blame who ever you want but it will never not be 100% DE's fault and responsibility to fix. I can think of atleast 5 simple solutions off the top of my head so don't tell me it's just too hard. 

il y a une heure, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx a dit :

Let's simplify the matter.

No matter what the cause is. Even if it is a weak internet connection on client side.

It is still DE's Fault.

And it is still DE's responsibility to fix it. 

The conversation is over. Those are the brass tacks.

It doesn't matter what the root cause is. There are dozens of ways they could resolve it. And it is their game, that makes it their responsibility to create a solution for the issue.

You can blame who ever you want but it will never not be 100% DE's fault and responsibility to fix. I can think of atleast 5 simple solutions off the top of my head so don't tell me it's just too hard. 

It's DE's fault if you have potato internet ? Yeah sure, no matter how bad your connection is, it is their responsibility to fix it, simplifies things quite a lot indeed, if only it made any sense...

Nevermind that, if your setup can't send or receive data fast enough, no improvement on their side will ever improve your base internet speed.

100% their fault ? Really ? You are completely delusionnal, it's not DE's job to upgrade your internet. If having a good gaming experience is a life priority, try puting the work in on your side first, before crying that someone else is not catering to you.

I am yet to see a "I have flawless connection in every game I play but Warframe", it's always just " DE fix your game" without any consideration for any other factor.

When I had slow internet, I was lagging in all sorts of game, P2P or not. And when I upgraded it, I stopped lagging in every game, p2p or not. But it was luck then right ? Since it's 100% DE's fault, this improvement couldn't come from the efforts I made right ? Don't ever think on how to improve your situation, always put the blame on something else, that'll get you far in life !

2 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

But really, I'm just wondering, did you put your internet into question even once ? Are you getting flawless 10 ping connection in all other games ?

When I had a bad connection, I was getting all your problems, but I was not automatically assuming the issue was on DE's end. When a door would not open, I would be pissed at my internet, not senselessly pushing the blame on the game.

And since I got better internet, it has been a year since I've seen a door not opening or a host migration fail. (I may be matched with an actually bad host around once a week at most, quit and restart mission, 30 secs lost per week)

People are not saying that those issues don't exist, they are saying that it's possible to not have those issues. Thus, it is not a generality, check your internet.

You could say it's only testamony of some players, but if you don't take those into account, yours is just as invalid.

Because you see some potato-internet-salty-dudes complaining in feedback doesn't mean it's as much of a widespread problem as you say it is. Only the people experiencing issues, and incapable of considering their own shortcomings, will be taking the time to come complain down here.

DE is failing to adress this issue ? Have you tried adressing it on your end a single time ?

I worked extra hours at minimum wage to afford changing my setup, I chose to take a small appartment in a city so that I could garantee good internet, MANY people can do such things, if gaming is a priority for you. I don't have any network issue since. But no, it's all DE's fault right ? Not yours for not comitting to making your internet good, right ?

If those threads tend to get such vitriolic answers, it may be because many would rather see DE spending time making awesome content rather than fixing people's internet. Not everything is perfect, improvements are definitly possible, but here, a good 90% is solely due to your setup I'm afraid.

So yeah, here's the solution you're asking for, improve your internet, it'll fix a LOT of your issues.

iTz yOUr InTerNet. 

How? How is it my internet? You have yet to explain how host issues are caused by ME and not THE HOST. How are doors being locked to anyone other than the host my problem? You realise that is a matter of fact a host problem, nothing to do with the other player.

Also as a matter of fact, yes I do get 10 ping on every other game, no I do not have wifi, I use high speed fiber with average speeds of over 50MBs so no, don't blame my internet. That's always the go to excuse of every forum warrior to shift any blame from DE or any other gaming company whenever people complain about their online experience. Frankly tired of that dried up, copy paste response. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

iTz yOUr InTerNet. 

How? How is it my internet? You have yet to explain how host issues are caused by ME and not THE HOST. How are doors being locked to anyone other than the host my problem? You realise that is a matter of fact a host problem, nothing to do with the other player.

Also as a matter of fact, yes I do get 10 ping on every other game, no I do not have wifi, I use high speed fiber with average speeds of over 50MBs so no, don't blame my internet. That's always the go to excuse of every forum warrior to shift any blame from DE or any other gaming company whenever people complain about their online experience. Frankly tired of that dried up, copy paste response. 

And the blame on DE is far drier than "shifting the blame from DE". Let's say you have fiber with 50MB/s, how stable it is? and are you sure it's 50MB/s instead of 50Mb/s? Also, let's focus on the host now. Not all host are using fiber like you (Who knows how many are using ancient relic for internet) so yes, it's the internet, either you or the host, you happy now?

And host migration was far more severe back in their time in 2014, this is pale in comparison now

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

That's always the go to excuse of every forum warrior to shift any blame from DE or any other gaming company whenever people complain about their online experience. Frankly tired of that dried up, copy paste response. 

Aren't you doing the same by saying everything is DE's fault? Isn't that the go to complain everyone has, whenever something goes wrong? The company is at fault..

This whole thread is amazing.
You yourself said that you have no idea how servers work. But at the same time you say that servers would fix all the problems. If someone brings up problems with servers, you say that it's on DE to solve these problems.
Should you really bring up servers if you have no clue at all?

You said that it's not on you to do cost calculations. DE would have to do that. Don't you think DE already did such calculations?
Again, do you think you are a genius when coming up with the idea of servers? DE surely had the idea and figured it's not worth the time, cost and effort.
Servers aren't a one time payment. They have to invest over and over again for the upkeep. They would have to buy/rent servers all around the globe. They need the companies that keep the servers running.
And the link you posted speaks of estimations. So their income might be that high, or maybe it isn't...
Great to base stuff on something like that...

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Host migrations failing has only happened maybe three times in over a thousand hours. Rare as it may be its still a big problem and one thats been talked about to death on here and on reddit for years now. 

So you are saying that it's extremely rare, but DE should waste money on making the gaming experience worse for a lot of people, because they aren't living in an area close to a server, just to fix a pretty rare occurence.
Yeah... great idea... that'll show them... please, go for it.

Edited by WhiteMarker

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

And the blame on DE is far drier than "shifting the blame from DE". Let's say you have fiber with 50MB/s, how stable it is? and are you sure it's 50MB/s instead of 50Mb/s? Also, let's focus on the host now. Not all host are using fiber like you (Who knows how many are using ancient relic for internet) so yes, it's the internet, either you or the host, you happy now?

And host migration was far more severe back in their time in 2014, this is pale in comparison now

Can you prove that it is my Internet? No so thus the argument is at a stalemate. I see this tactic being used in every single game I've seen complaints of online multiplayer. Forum warriors are quick to rush and blame the players, despite the amount of numerous other complaints, many of which have garnered over hundreds to thousands of upvotes on reddit oh but what am I saying of course its just an isolated issue with that player and their "terrible internet". 

13 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Aren't you doing the same by saying everything is DE's fault? Isn't that the go to complain everyone has, whenever something goes wrong? The company is at fault..

This whole thread is amazing.
You yourself said that you have no idea how servers work. But at the same time you say that servers would fix all the problems. If someone brings up problems with servers, you say that it's on DE to solve these problems.
Should you really bring up servers if you have no clue at all?

You said that it's not on you to do cost calculations. DE would have to do that. Don't you think DE already did such calculations?
Again, do you think you are a genius when coming up with the idea of servers? DE surely had the idea and figured it's not worth the time, cost and effort.
Servers aren't a one time payment. They have to invest over and over again for the upkeep. They would have to buy/rent servers all around the globe. They need the companies that keep the servers running.
And the link you posted speaks of estimations. So their income might be that high, or maybe it isn't...
Great to base stuff on something like that...

How is it not their fault? 

Host left, migration failed. Who's to blame here the user? For the migration failing which the player had no input on its decision? Come off it mate, thats a absurd argument. 

I know how servers work, I don't however know how DEs servers work. Big difference there. Maybe you shouldn't try to twist my argument, you should know better than to do that shameful tactic. 

You're right its not on me to do cost calculations. Maybe DE has maybe DE hasn't, I can't claim either way, I dont work for DE. 

Tell me. Why are you treat DE as if they can do absolutely no wrong. You do realise companies dont give you any good boy tokens for defending them. It doesnt pay to be a shill. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Can you prove that it is my Internet? No so thus the argument is at a stalemate. I see this tactic being used in every single game I've seen complaints of online multiplayer. Forum warriors are quick to rush and blame the players, despite the amount of numerous other complaints, many of which have garnered over hundreds to thousands of upvotes on reddit oh but what am I saying of course its just an isolated issue with that player and their "terrible internet". 

I'm surprised how fast you rush on me without answering any of my question. How fast your internet is? 50MB/s or 50Mb/s? This is very different and I already said that it may be the host

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

I'm surprised how fast you rush on me without answering any of my question. How fast your internet is? 50MB/s or 50Mb/s? This is very different and I already said that it may be the host

Quite clearly said 50MB's. I know the difference between megabytes and megabits thank you very much. 

il y a 21 minutes, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy a dit :

Host migrations failing has only happened maybe three times in over a thousand hours. Rare as it may be its still a big problem and one thats been talked about to death on here and on reddit for years now. 

I won't argue anymore since you're willfully ignoring most arguments.

But this... This... If it is THIS rare, what are even complaining about in the first place ? Really ? This is normal for games to have hickups, and 3 rewards lost in a thousand hours... Oh poor you...

I was going from the basic complaint of "87% of host migrations are failling" that you see twice a week (quoted from a fairly recent thread). At least I understand why those guys want to vent out their frustration.

But you barely missed anything here, this is laughable. A big problem ? Yeah... Completely unreasonnable expectations much...

Edited by Fallen77
Typo

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Quite clearly said 50MB's. I know the difference between megabytes and megabits thank you very much. 

Alright, let's say it's the host with potato internet so what do you want to do? It's the host fault so who's to blame then if not the host?

1 minute ago, Fallen77 said:

I'll won't argue anymore since you're willfully ignoring most arguments.

But this... This... If it is THIS rare, what are even complaining about in the first place ? Really ? This is normal for games to have hickups, and 3 rewards lost in a thousand hours... Oh poor you...

I was going from the basic complaint of "87% of host migrations are failling" that you see twice a week (quoted from a fairly recent thread). At least I understand why those guys want to vent out their frustration.

But you barely missed anything here, this is laughable. A big problem ? Yeah... Completely unreasonnable expectations much...

3 occasions where I missed out on rewards, one in a 2 hour survival not being a big deal? As rare as it may be, thats a poor reason to dismiss it as not being an issue that needs attention brought and fixed. 

Your counterpoints are weak mate.