Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] There is no reason to keep space mum alive (SPOLIERS)

WoodedSkate89

7 hours ago, Predator3174PL said:

Like, we all wanna do it, kill our ex-mum, but we all deep inside know how it will end. 

After pseudo boss fight we will use talknojutsu and Lotus will come back to us or she will start doubting herself and retreat so we will be able to use talknojustsu again in future quest to FINALLY make her come back "home".

This is typical thing in these type of medium... Good always wins, our "honorable" kids won't stand a vision of killing Lotus, because "ThErE iS gOoD iN eVeRy OnE" 

That would be so lame i wouldn't even play that mission, even if it gave the option to get rid of Ordis spam and mature operators.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PieperLolz said:

Who is space mom?

This is a spoiler thread. If you haven't completed all of these quests,

Vor's Prize  Once Awake  The Archwing  Stolen Dreams  The New Strange  Natah  The Second Dream  The War Within  Chains of Harrow (HarrowIcon272 Harrow) • Apostasy Prologue  The Sacrifice (Excalibur UmbraIcon272 Excalibur Umbra) • Chimera Prologue  The New War

I'd suggest leaving the thread.

But space mum is Lotus

With critique or defending, this is what I believe.

a. Natah/Lotus story is one of a character who has always had her agency taken away from her. First with the Orokin/Ballas, and now, apparently, her Mother. 

b. The Warframe/Tenno/Lotus story has always seemed to me, one of family. Not just sci fi ninja weapon shenanigans. Apart from each other, the Lotus is the only real 'family' the Tenno have; the only one who for whatever reason really cared for and protected them. I am quite clear - the call 'Wake up Tenno' came from Lotus and saved us. Keeping in mind that the victims of the Zariman Ten Zero lost their parents until Margulis and ultimately, Lotus, arrived on the scene. The Tenno Lotus family is weird, genocidal, dysfunctional with questionable origins, but still, Family. 

c. Name one family that didnt have a family member lose their way, do or say something horrible. The path of wisdom, of healing, of compassion; is understanding and forgiveness. Not ultimatums, eye for an eye retributions and the like.

I would like to see Natah/Lotus get her agency back and this time, choose to be Lotus. If she did so, in my headcannon, my Tenno would happily murder his way across the Sol and Tau systems if it meant putting his family back together and reuniting with his 'mother'. No matter the argument, the evidence, the reasoning to the contrary or how justified vengeance may seem; My Tenno would save the Lotus because that's what you do for your family. Then I would have some 'words' with space mom to let her know exactly what I thought about her recent activities. Not kind ones either. But I would reunite my family.

But I have two other reasons that trump all others for wanting her back.

a. As someone else said up above earlier in this thread: If Lotus goes, missions lose their motive.

b. I want her at my back when the real ultimate evil comes calling. I'm looking at you, Man in the Wall. 'Hey Kiddo' my space ninja ass. You're the real villain here, and I got my eye and all my multiforma weaponry aimed at you.

• Like 7

There is no way that DE will kill off the character. Maybe Natah. But not the Lotus character. She is basicly Warframe along with Ordis.

WE are over hyping The New War with OUR storylines. What WE wish to happen with Natah, Margulis, Operators, etc.

If we continue down this road, when TNW is released, we will be angered by what DE chose to do with the story just because OUR storyline fit our perspective better.

The main problem is that there are so many characters that were left in a vague state that all we can do is expand their lore. But it will not be what DE decides to do with them.

We can only bring more harm with assuming what is going to happen.

On 2019-08-17 at 7:21 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Edit: In case anyone is unable to follow the story, I'm making a point where I show how someone can misinterpret what they are hearing, and decide they want to kill people who are loyal and mean them no harm. 

TL:DR; y'all done goofed and should go reevaluate yourselves. 

Whatever. The Lotus sucks, she's a psychopath and should die. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 1

She really needs to die for the betterment of the Origin System. Her disgusting amalgam project will only create a bridge for infested to figure out a way to infest Sentient creatures through their humanoid halfs. She's an idiot for "joining the two beings into a single "superior" being." She's just guaranteeing that the Infested win the entire solar system.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

19 hours ago, (PS4)JayCeeV3 said:

a. As someone else said up above earlier in this thread: If Lotus goes, missions lose their motive.

A. She been gone for what 2 years now. There are plenty of other mission handlers that have or can ally themselves with the Tenno and be our new navigator. 

19 hours ago, (PS4)JayCeeV3 said:

b. I want her at my back when the real ultimate evil comes calling. I'm looking at you, Man in the Wall. 'Hey Kiddo' my space ninja ass. You're the real villain here, and I got my eye and all my multiforma weaponry aimed at you.

B. The man in the wall is literally the embodiment of the void. Doesn't make any sense to fight what makes us the Tenno. 

Also what Shy says... 

Everyone that wants to "save the the Lotus" needs to reexamine thier head. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

On 2019-08-18 at 3:17 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

A single salvo. No sustained fire, no change of posture, no hard fought battle, no pincer manoeuvre, no attempt to create a cone of death. Just hovering there while she's phoning home and telling "mom" that she's on her way. Then an empty sky, and a single, vulnerable, live, Tenno. 

If roles were reversed, and you had a small army capable of high levels of destruction, with her standing there, and you ordered her death, but she dodged, would you have them stand down, or seal her fate with a dismissive wave of your hand? 

Think about it. 

Think about what you agreed with some more. 

No. She took on a face and mannerisms so well that Alad didn't have any clue that he wasn't dealing with the real thing. The ropalolyst is a weapon used to force Alad to stick to the plan even though he knows now what he was dealing with. 

bro you are defending the villian.

she is no longer lotus, sure she's been chucked from faction to faction like a tennis ball and been brainwashed countless time so i symphathise for her in that regard, but the loving lotus you once knew is that helmet she wore. 'lotus' was just a orokin program, no emotion, real thought or anything. just code to impersinate emotions towards the Tenno. .This is natah now, we have to kill her.

Come to think of it, you trying to 'save' her is way more cruel and merciless than death, you basically want to stick that head crab back on her and imprison her in her own mind for eternity.

I'm cool with killing natah but trying to make her lotus again is just too far and needlessly cruel, i suggest you re read the lore again...

Edited by (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Whatever. The Lotus sucks, she's a psychopath and should die. 

Shy is Shy.

She's not exactly a Partner who thrives on creating insightful and thought-provoking commentary. Make no mistake, I love her content, but she's a sarcastic lil Mag-lover.

A  big part of this video is the third part which is only 'what a twist' if you take it at face value. From a character who literally admits to having someone rummage around in their consciousness. If somebody defected from North Korea, got kidnapped by North Koreans and then showed up praising North Korea declaring that the West had brainwashed them all along, would you automatically believe that? Because that's the situation we're in right now.

Edited by Loza03
addition.